PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• mumofthetwins
    Options
    mines still off ... in the middle of the extension so no dide on the house and widows/doors blocked with wood ... no way am I paying for heating just to go out the wall !!
    we just keep layering up ... at this rate I should be due a refund ;)

lisa x
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • mrs_motivated
    Options
    Mine is on with the thermostat set at 18degrees, it kicks in if the temperature drops below this, which for the last week has been for an hour of so in the evenings,
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
  • CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 28 October 2015 at 10:02PM
    Options
    Does it count if the central heating is off but the calor gas heater is on? Lol. We've put it on a few times in the evening when it's chilly, but we still feel it's not cold enough for the full heating yet. We've got a relative coming over from Australia in November (start of their summer then) so I expect we'll have it on then.
  • silverwhistle
    Options
    I've got gas central heating and DHW but hardly use it (£65 last year) as I've a wood-burning stove and also heat water via my PV system (4kWh into the tank today).

I have had the stove on many evenings in the last couple of weeks, although maybe not tonight, although it's laid to go. Out watching football tomorrow and training the day after but will definitely light it Friday night.
  • chella
    chella Posts: 309 Forumite
    Options
    OFF here. Have fluffy house socks on and warm dressing gown over jim jams(I always wear old jamas around the house instead of proper clothes) Candles are lit and cat is across my feet. Feeling cozy.
  • tim9966
    tim9966 Posts: 495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Off and has been since the end of March.

I will make it into November before it gets turned on. Been a warm day today which has warmed the house up.
  • HOWMUCH
    HOWMUCH Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well I didn't have to put the heating on the lounge temperature has gone up to 19.2 degrees must be having the curtains and blinds closed and TV on, because we've had no sun.
    Why pay full price when you may get it YS ;)
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Still off here.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Still off here, we have had the wood burner on a couple of nights in the lounge.

Hubby heavily insulated the loft over the summer, and upstairs is really warm now - warm to the point of not needing a duvet - then again it could be my age!!!!!!!!
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • katkin
    katkin Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We've have a well insulated home also, thankfully. The central heating is on and off here at the moment - I can't stand the heat over 18 degrees c. I'd rather have a slightly cooler environment and wear layers and a cardi than fire up the heating.

Saying that, wind and rain is likely to be more of an issue here than freezing temperatures....so far, so good.... :silenced:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure