PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• HOWMUCH
    HOWMUCH Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Still OFF the outside temp is 12.7 outside so it's getting milder, inside is 18.7 which is getting higher. We have had altitude sunshine today which helps to increase the temp inside and the house holds it. The curtains get fully drawn back when the sun is providing free heat and some of the doors get opened up too, depending on where the sun is. Heating is normally on here too at this time of year.
    Why pay full price when you may get it YS ;)
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It's been off for the past few days, it's been so mild that I've had all the windows open and didn't even need a coat to go out today.
  • chickens11
    Options
    Just lit the fire in sitting room as its very chilly today , was lovely sunshine first thing but now cloudy , wet ,and miserable ...The comfort of watching the flames flickering away as we lose the light of the day.....
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • Threebabes
    Threebabes Posts: 1,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine is on, but only twice a day, morning about an hour and evening about 3 hours. Been freezing all day but put my dressing gown on instead of heating.
  • sam.4000
    sam.4000 Posts: 1,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Finally bowed out and set heater onto timer for evenings. I have only had it on a couple of times for an hour so far this winter.
  • chella
    chella Posts: 309 Forumite
    Options
    I put the heating on for 2 hours this afternoon, I had guests and it was feeling really chilly.
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    edited 14 November 2015 at 9:54PM
    Options
    Still not turned mine on since turning it off back in April, and not using any other sources of heating either :j

DS muttered earlier that he was feeling cold, so I told him to put a jumper on instead of wandering around in a t-shirt!
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Before I met my girlfriend I didn't even have the fridge on
  • calicocat
    calicocat Posts: 5,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    North east coast here.

Mine has been mainly off so far. However, today it feels really cold, when I got up this morning it said 11 on the thermostat in the lounge....:eek: It didn't feel that snuggled up in bed. The cat was on the bed though, always an indicator of being cold and wanting to steal my warmth.

I have been out for a large part of today or cooking in a warm kitchen, but now it is on, and may well be all the time i'm in probably from now for the duration of the winter.

We have been lucky so far though, it couldn't last for ever..

Cat is now downstairs checking out all the rooms and the radiators..:D.
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • HOWMUCH
    HOWMUCH Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ours is still OFF and will stay off while the house is maintaining a indoor temperature of 18 we've had a mixed bag of weather sharpe showers and lovely sunshine.
    Why pay full price when you may get it YS ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback