PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Mine is on as it feels colder this year but that may be due to the fact I dont have a upstairs neighbour anymore and she used to ramp up the heating so high that you would sweat standing at her door.

It used to be that by evening time I started feeling hot (downstairs neighbour puts his heating on around 5pm) and by 9pm I could turn heating off if not need to open a window for a hour or so and still feel hot all night and warmish in morning.

Now doing that I am freezing by morning.
  • mrsr
    mrsr Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Off here,there's been the odd evening when it's been on.My young GD is now living here so I will need to switch on when temps drop,we normally use very little and have low bills but that's going to change this year unless this mild weather continues.Nice thought but probably not.
  • chickens11
    Options
    I lit my sitting room fire at tea time , so yea my heating is on ..Its suppose to really turn cold at the weekend so I will have my GC heating come on timed in the mornings , to get this far into winter and have not used my fuel too much im definitely not moaning about it now....
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • katkin
    katkin Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We have the central heating on and off but not over 16 decrees centigrade at the moment.

Anything above 16 tends to make me break out in a hot flush! We are lucky to have a well insulated home though, so heating is not one of our scary bills.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Didn't have heating on yesterday but probably due to that it was really cold indoors this evening. Thermostat in living room said 13.5c so stuck the GCH on from about 7.30pm until now.

Whole place is nice and warm, living room is probably the coldest room in the house as it is so large and the huge patio doors seem to be letting draft in even after sealing the edges up with draft excluder stuff.

Upstairs toasty warm due to 300mm loft insulation.
  • missyrichards
    Options
    Mine has gone on today as it is meant to get really chilly.:D
  • CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We've only had the Calor gas heater on in the evening but with the predicted minus temperatures and possibility of snow, we might shut one of the bedroom windows tonight!!
  • chickens11
    Options
    Ive got my fire a light in sitting room tonight , dont need GC heating on as im only using this one room at night times , but my GC heating will be on timed tonight ready for the cold start to the day tomorrow...
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • Emm-in-a-pickle
    Options
    Not had gas CH on yet, but had a nice log fire most evenings, we`ll keep it small if weather is mild but light it for the cheer and joy of it - if we`re late lighting a fire both cat and dog start looking worried!!
  • Quasar
    Quasar Posts: 121,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I managed until today without any heating, but this morning when I got up it was much colder than it has been, so the heating today was on but not too high. It's been a good autumn, I suppose, so the savings can finance harsh weather for the next two or three months.
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback