PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• PlymouthMaid
    Options
    It is 15C in here at present but am under blanket being brave. Will put CH on for an hour or two later to warm us up and dry my work clobber for the morning.
    "'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life
    Try to make ends meet
    You're a slave to money then you die"
  • mrs_motivated
    Options
    On all the time now, but due to a mild autumn my gas and electric is £120 in credit (pay £70 per month for both) so I'm not to worried . The thermostat is set at 20 degrees in the daytime and 17degrees overnight.
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
  • chella
    chella Posts: 309 Forumite
    Options
    2 degrees outside here. Have had a hot bath and am in jim jams and dressing gown. Heating is off. The house isn't warm but doesn't feel cold.
  • happy35
    happy35 Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i have had the heating on all day, set at 18 but does go off overnight

I hate being cold and have an absolutely pounding headache, am hoping it isnt the start of sinusitis so am feeling sorry for myself

Have had the heating on now and again over the last few weeks, but will be on when I am home if it stays this cold
  • dangerbadger
    Options
    Today I finally succumbed and turned it on for the first time since March.
  • BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    Oil burner OFF but Wood Burner ON!! - cosy Sunday on the sofa
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I'm sure our thermostat is a few degrees out, I only turn it until the heating just comes on for a bit, got cosy slippers on, onesie and thick socks and my feet are still ice cold, yet thermostat says 23degrees based on where the dial is. Heating off ATM, oh, just flicked on but there is no way that the room is that warm.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• HoneyBee83
    Options
    I have managed to get away with our heating only going on when really really needed - like to dry washing but it went on this morning. It is very frosty and cold here. I turn it off when we aren't home, our sausage dog will bury under her pile of blankets if she gets chilly.
    I pay £57.00 a month for gas and electric together and because im very tight i am £204.00 in credit so im not too bothered, won't be going crazy tho! Hot water bottle and blanket come evening
    Emergency Savings #73 = £1,500/£2,000
    Savings Pot £1,440.00
    Xmas 2018=£100/£300 Australia =£0.00/6000
  • missyrichards
    Options
    HoneyBee83 wrote: »
    I have managed to get away with our heating only going on when really really needed - like to dry washing but it went on this morning. It is very frosty and cold here. I turn it off when we aren't home, our sausage dog will bury under her pile of blankets if she gets chilly.
    I pay £57.00 a month for gas and electric together and because im very tight i am £204.00 in credit so im not too bothered, won't be going crazy tho! Hot water bottle and blanket come evening

Yes, my hot water bottle is coming out tonight.:)

I have my downstairs heater on and it's nice during the day as the sun is streaming through the window but when it gets dark it's when you really feel the cold.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Stove was on for less than 2 hours this morning, I had to turn it off, it was getting too warm downstairs. The sun is now blazing in and blinds are lowered, I am off out or I would be opening a window. Living areas on the south side are 22 degrees, outside is 6 degrees

Upstairs is a lot cooler at 18.5 which it pretty well retains all the time. I woke up to it being 18.3, which is ideal for sleeping.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback