anyone heard of cash finance direct?

Options

Comments

• debzyg
    debzyg Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    gam35guru wrote: »
    Hey Guys!

Alright, so I got a phone call this morning at around 09:30am, and to my surprise I got a phone call from a lady named Chelsea, who assured me that I had been approved by some lenders and I just had to ring back this 0906 number to run through some quick details and I would have my loan in no time.

SOUNDS GREAT DOESNT IT?????

Well...... being curious as I am, I thought I'd give this Chelsea a chance, and asked her if there were any other phone number I could call that wasnt premium rate to validate this call. Sure enough, she gve me the following number: 0871 7500500.

So here I goes, I ring this number, and I spoke to a gentlemen named Ben. Well, things seem good so far.... I decided to question the young man and ask for certain information, specifically their registration number with the FSA (Financial Services Authority) who are responsible for enforcing the law when it comes to companies who deal in financial services like loans, mortgages etc. etc.

Well, he confirmed to me they don't have a FSA registration number as they are the BROKERS and not the LENDERS, which means they work on behalf of the customer to attain a loan through "their" lenders for the customer. That's a fair comment, and totally legitimate.

He did seem to get a tad ariated when I was asking for all sorts of information which he duly provided to me, so this led me to believe that their are a lotta customers ringing this number up and enquiring about the use of a PREMIUM rate phone number to pay for the fees (which they also stated there were none).

Anywho, as the call progressed he thanked me for calling and enquiring about the use of premium rate numbers as a lot of customers just jump the gun and assume that this is not a legitimate company with bad intentions.

I have actually followed this up and have got the following information back:

Horizon Finance
    Customer Services: 0871 7 500 500

Consumer Credit License #: 503842
    Company Registration #: 3173946

You can actually apply for the loan WITHOUT the use of a PREMIUM rate number using the online FREEPOST form, however one small call to the actual LENDER is needed in order to transfer the funds into your account.

Customer Services Department
    FREEPOST
    HORIZON
    (no stamp needed)

or alternatively

FREEPOST
    CFD
    (no stamp needed)

So all in all, using google you can actually search this company on the internet and it turns out that they're COMPLETELY LEGITIMATE!!!

Now, I, like most of you reading this, am 100% genuine. I needed £5000 for a motorcycle (which I eventually got through Yes! Loans **only because they contacted me a week earlier than Cash Finance Direct (no other reason)**) .

So, as I've read in other responses in this thread, if you respond to this post by saying this is illegitimate and/or I'm probably working for the company, DO SOME RESEARCH. I've given you the details. So again, DO SOME BLOODY RESEARCH like I did myself. And stop degrading peoples responses because you're too bone idle to research this stuff yourself, and prefer to question the integrity of the information and/or source of such information instead.

Lastly, Horizon clearly state "if you are dissatisfied in anyway with the charges on your phone bill, PROVIDING YOU RANG THAT NUMBER FROM A BILLABLE PHONE LINE eg. your home phone line, or CONTRACT mobile.... you can apply for a full refund of these charges AFTER 5 WORKING DAYS".

To do this send a covering letter and a ORIGINAL copy of your phone bill to:

FREEPOST
    CFD

and again No Stamp Needed!

Well...... phew that was a lotta work. Infact, all that took me 15 minutes to find. So you guys who doubt Horizons intentions, do the same...... apply yourself.

I look for ward to all feedback from this response. Positive/Negative.

Good luck to all you loan seekers!
    I hope you find Horizon and/or whichever company you use, a good choice!

Many Thanks
    Gam35guru:money:

:T:T:T

I applied for loan with Yes loans years ago and they send you a lovely little form to fill in as you described, asking you to include a £50 fee to process your laon.

So no a legitimate loan company who wasnt trying to rip you off wouldn't do this. Neither would you have to do this amount of research into them to apply without paying phone fees.

If they were so honest and forthright, then why not be transparent about having a free application process in the first place? Why get people to ring premium rate numbers instead?

These idiots have sent me 2 texts messages today. They will not be getting a response. I wasn't born yesterday.....
  • debzyg
    debzyg Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi everyone

"Cash Finance Direct is a scam and not a legitimate company "
    Cash Finance Direct Limited, trading as Horizon Finance, is a master finance broker licensed by Phonepay Plus for our premium rate lines, The Office of Fair Trading (Licence Number: 0503842) to arrange financial products on behalf of our customers and compliant with the ICO operating code when processing client's personal data (Licence: Z5629285). We are exempt from registration with the FSA (Financial services authority) as we do not arrange secured loans or lend money ourselves.

"If Cash Finance Direct is a legitimate company why do they use a Premium Rate Phone Line "
    We are a business, and therefore cannot operate our service for free, the back-up support, underwriting department, customer services department, agent costs, extended opening hours and other benefits have a cost attached to them and we must cover this cost through the use of our premium rate call. We do not disguise the fact we generate an income from the use of our Premium Rate service and the call charges are provided from the outset

I have a question CFD. If you do not arrange any loans or offer loans directly, then why would you need an underwriting department?

Surely the Lender themselves would underwrite the loan as it is them who are lending the money and you, as you suggest, are just the "middle man"? :think:
  • GEOSPRITE
    Options
    My daughter was trying to sort out a car insurance refund and mistook this company's call for a call back from her supplier. Only found out she had been fooled into making several premium rate calls when the hefty phone bill arrived. I identified just over £33 attributable to their numbers and, thanks to finding this thread through a quick Google exercise, I was able to email them at: customerservices@horizonfinance.co.uk, sending them a pdf copy of my online bill.

The cheque arrived just 2 days later, a refund in full. (They actually identified more than I had and refunded £40.10).

It is unacceptable that this type of business is legal, and I am not convinced the language used by the call handlers is honest. However, to anybody in shock at a bill, like I was - they do appear to repay on request, so at least you will get your money back, relatively hassle free.
  • itzhaydn91
    Options
    i use to work for cash finance direct . but i left because i didnt agree with what they were doing . they are a huge con and i suggest you avoid . they buy your infomation from differant comapanies from where you have applied for financial help . they then phone you up saying you hve been accepted for a loan and telling you to ring the number that costs 1.50 a min . they say you can get it refunded but they never do and hve no intention of doing so . and 7p percent of the companies they say have aacepted you for a loan dont exist . massive con . just avoid
  • MSE_Investigator
    MSE_Investigator Posts: 39 Community Admin
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone

Cash Finance Direct has asked to provide a response to the comment below. MSE doesn't endorse anything a company says on the Forum:

"Cash Finance Direct keeps text me..."

The text messages have not been sent by Cash Finance Direct, by a subsidiary company of Cash Finance Direct or by anyone employed by the organisation. They have been sent by a third party business who promotes many different services for various companies, of which ours is one. As such we do not have access to any of your details, nor are we in control of sending the messages. It is highly likely the message was sent to you as a result of the mobile number being obtained from a web site visited in regards to a finance enquiry.

At some point in the enquiry process the mobile telephone number must have opted in, and the IP address recorded to allow the third party business to promote services to the mobile number. If this is not the case, or you simply wish to be removed from any future promotional activity, then we apologise on behalf of the company sending the text message for any inconvenience you may have experienced as a result of the contact. To be removed from future promotional activity we suggest you refer back to the message received, as it will contain instructions on how to opt out. Please note that it can take up to 5 working days for your request to be processed.
  • ihateyes
    ihateyes Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Options
    I watch leverage a lot... i think its time someone scammed CFD.....:rotfl::rotfl:
    Promo codes are never always cheaper..... isnt that right EuropCar?
  • Mattymoo_2
    Options
    debzyg wrote: »
    I applied for loan with Yes loans years ago and they send you a lovely little form to fill in as you described, asking you to include a £50 fee to process your laon.

So no a legitimate loan company who wasnt trying to rip you off wouldn't do this. Neither would you have to do this amount of research into them to apply without paying phone fees.

If they were so honest and forthright, then why not be transparent about having a free application process in the first place? Why get people to ring premium rate numbers instead?

These idiots have sent me 2 texts messages today. They will not be getting a response. I wasn't born yesterday.....

It might be worth noting that I have looked on horizon finance website and they also appear to be a broker.
  • squeeeky84
    Options
    hi there, i got a call from cash finance direct saying that i got a loan but had to ring the 090 number and was a lot of money and still got no loan from them. do anyone know where i send my phone bill so i can get a refund of the phone calls.
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    squeeeky84 wrote: »
    i send my phone bill so i can get a refund of the phone calls.
    Are you having a laugh??

You got scammed, you can't get someone else to pay it for you.

Why do you think a random cold call was from someone actually offering you a loan?
  • BugsyBrowne
    Options
    squeeeky84 wrote: »
    hi there, i got a call from cash finance direct saying that i got a loan but had to ring the 090 number and was a lot of money and still got no loan from them. do anyone know where i send my phone bill so i can get a refund of the phone calls.

You didn't get a loan in the end 'now I am surprised as random texts and phone calls from un heard of loan companies are normally very competitive and reliable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure