anyone heard of cash finance direct?

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• babygrand
    Options
    To apply for a refund on your phone charges, send your bill to CFD Holdings, Floor 7, Dale House, Stockport, SK1 1TA. I`ve just sent mine Doubtful I`ll get my money but worth a try!! They have also removed my number from their data base & the text messages have stopped. I was getting 40+ messages a day!! bunch of cowboys!
  • an1179
    an1179 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    babygrand wrote: »
    To apply for a refund on your phone charges, send your bill to CFD Holdings, Floor 7, Dale House, Stockport, SK1 1TA. I`ve just sent mine Doubtful I`ll get my money but worth a try!! They have also removed my number from their data base & the text messages have stopped. I was getting 40+ messages a day!! bunch of cowboys!

You have to persist I eventually got my phone charges back
  • DesperateDan1
    Options
    Random phonecall received from Cash Finance Direct regarding a loan application (which i hadn't applied for). After discussing my details, i was then passed to another line, whereby the person took my details again. Following this, they said they had found a lender for me. It wasn't until this time that i realised they were actually a broker and not the lender.

They then told me to call an 0905 number which i wasn't sure about, but i was told "call from a landline or mobile so it costs nothing".

So, calling the number, there was a message which said the call cost was £1.30pm (or it could have said £1.50, but it wasn't clear).

However, i had come this far, so i decided to proceed. The person went through all my details again, which they should have had on file anyway. By the end of the call it had been 15 mins and 1 second. The call could easily have lasted less as they already had my full details from two previous conversations. The agent then proceeded to tell me that i would have to wait for them to find a lender for me - something which they had already told me they had found. Finally, he explained that i would get my call charges refunded by sending in my phonebill - he then gave me another number to call so i could get the address.

After this call had ended, i called the next number (fortunately a freephone number) and the person told me i would have to send my phonebill to a freepost address. I was hoping they would simply give me an email address to get it processed quickly. I told them that i needed to get the refund before my phonebill came, so i could pay it. I was ignored and literally ushered off the phoneline.

Having read numerous bad reports about people trying to get their money back, i decided to call them today to ask for their email address to send the phonebill that way.

They blatantly refused the option of receiving it via email as that 'is not the way they work'. Strange how these companies only care about their procedures and not their customers'.

i asked them what they intended to do when my phoneline is cut off due to not paying the bill. They said they need the bill sent to them asap. Again, i offered to send it via email (that's obviously the quickest way possible).

They have told me it will take up to 45 working days to get my refund. At that point they will send me a PIN via text to my mobile. I am then to take this PIN to the post office, where i will be issued a refund.

I mentioned to her that they are assuming i am able to get to the post office. She said "well, most people can get to the post office". The truth is, for health reasons, i actually can't.

To summarise, this company have done everything in their power to make the process last as long as possible. They have been as evasive as possible when it comes to giving details of how their system works. Bottom line is if i knew it would take 45 days to get a refund, i would never have made that call (yet this information was not given to me during the call or even in the follow-up call. I had to prise it out of them during the second follow-up call. In truth, i read about it online and the information would never have been offered to me otherwise).
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    Random phonecall received from Cash Finance Direct regarding a loan application (which i hadn't applied for). After discussing my details, i was then passed to another line, whereby the person took my details again.
    This is why they will be around for a long time to come.

I remain bewildered why people receive a random phonecall only go and give out all their details, agreeing to anything requested without a care in the World.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 February 2015 at 5:40PM
    Options
    DesperateDan you should have stopped before you rang the 0905 number. Were you recently looking for a loan ?

Future reference Dan if anyone asks for money put the phone down.
  • The_Biggest_Blue
    Options
    This scam has been going on for years and it's still the same people.

Do a Google search for Mark Pickston horizon daily mirror and you'll find articles going back years to the late 90's and lots since then.

They basically charge you a load of money to listen to someone reading the Citizens Advice website on debt. Very nice. Does someone in debt really need a £40 phone bill?

Mark Pickston is the divorced husband of Ampika Pickston, one of the "stars" of The Real Housewives of Cheshire reality TV show on ITV BE.

If you haven't seen it, get it on catch up and have a look at the creep first hand and his wife's luxurious home in Brooks Drive, Hale Barnes, Cheshire.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure