anyone heard of cash finance direct?

Options

Comments

• RichGold
    RichGold Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    each_uisge wrote: »
    ....and the stupid man has gone and done it again...
    Priceless! Post of the week :)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • upsetwoman
    Options
    I was contacted tonight by Horizon Finance , AKA , CASH FINANCE DIRECT.
    I applied for a loan the day before and they texted me today to phone them.
    I was on the phone for 13 mins and then was cut off. I phoned the number again and then was kept on the phone for another 12 mins. I have since found out that they charge £1.53p a min. They told me that I can claim back if I go with the lenders they suggest. I have been so stupid!! They are a rip off and I feel like a plonker!!
    Beware people !! These people will keep you on the phone asking you the same questions over and over again. How can this be legal?
    Thankfully , I realized what was going on, but this has still cost me £45.00. Companys like this should be monitered by a goverment watchdog or such like.Thank God , this was not my Gran looking for an extra few pounds to pay her fuel bill!!!!!!! ThANKS KYLIE from CASH FINANCE DIRECT!!!!!!
  • kizzybuzy
    Options
    yesi have..ive bn getting texts messages from them for over 7months..starting with hello is sam..yr cash loan is ready for you...what cash loan ..??...ive never asked 4..1..from them..then last week..i got a letter from them saying i owe 1,000 pound to them..and to ring them ..NO I DONT THINK SO...i think they couid be scammers..plz be carfull..xxxxx:mad:
  • Deano666
    Options
    Hi.
    I looked on cfd just to price a loan up. Since then have been recieving texts from loads of different companies and emails. Also had 3 calls to my home number plus 3 to my mobile. I dont believe for one minute that this company is for real. I have been on other forums and the response shown here is exactly the same on all of them and is complete rubbish. The links are all dead and the email address bounces back emails. I just want the texts and calls to stop. Oh and I did tell "Gavin" from cdf that i wasnt interested when they phone about 20 seconds after i put my details in. Cheers "Gavin".
    I would avoid this company like a rabid monkey...something smells bit wrong.
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    Deano666 wrote: »
    Hi.
    I looked on cfd just to price a loan up. Since then have been recieving texts from loads of different companies and emails.

Oh and I did tell "Gavin" from cdf that i wasnt interested when they phone about 20 seconds after i put my details in. Cheers "Gavin".

If you were only "pricing a loan up", why did you decide to put all your genuine contact details on the form? What did you think was going to happen when you put your mobile phone number in?
  • Lyger
    Lyger Posts: 116 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2012 at 6:13PM
    Options
    Sorry for the bump to this. Does anyone know how to get these people to stop texting? I haven't given out my mobile number recently (I'm pretty anal about who gets my number as it is), and I haven't been after a loan. However, in the space of the last hour I've received 10 text messages off these people (from the number 01618502619) addressed to someone called Leon. Who incidentally, isn't me.

I haven't texted STOP to the number, as I'm pretty sure that this will have no affect. If anyone knows of a way to report these spam messages, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks!

*edit*

They just phoned me, again asking for Leon. I've told them they have the wrong number and to stop calling me. Let's see if that has worked - I certainly hope so!

*edit 2*

...aaaand another text message. From 07624819387, telling me to call 08009701170. A google reveals this to be the same people. Awesome.
    This is not an automated signature - I type this after every post.
  • goonerdee
    Options
    my contract provider doesnt allow me to call 090 numbers which is lucky after what iv read!!

plus i get texts at 2am in the morning like now for instance waking me up saying 'hi its emma' please ring 0114 number they have good news regarding my loan! funny thing is iv already spoke to them otherwise i wouldnt of been handed the 090 number plus im being text from a mobile number asking me to call a 0114 number?!

weird and confusing and totally bang out of order!
  • goonerdee
    Options
    Lyger wrote: »
    Sorry for the bump to this. Does anyone know how to get these people to stop texting? I haven't given out my mobile number recently (I'm pretty anal about who gets my number as it is), and I haven't been after a loan. However, in the space of the last hour I've received 10 text messages off these people (from the number 01618502619) addressed to someone called Leon. Who incidentally, isn't me.

I haven't texted STOP to the number, as I'm pretty sure that this will have no affect. If anyone knows of a way to report these spam messages, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks!

*edit*

They just phoned me, again asking for Leon. I've told them they have the wrong number and to stop calling me. Let's see if that has worked - I certainly hope so!

*edit 2*

...aaaand another text message. From 07624819387, telling me to call 08009701170. A google reveals this to be the same people. Awesome.

only way to get these numbers to stop pestering you is to speak to a dept advisor and pass all your depts over too one firm instead of owing out to four five different ones..

As for not applying for anything but yet they are pestering you with texts, you or someone who knows you has clearly tried take a loan out in your name with your phone number!
  • notamug_2
    Options
    well im going to add myself to the list of people who cfd wont stop calling or txting,emma phillip martin,think all the staff must of txt or phoned by now......anytime day or night.just put the phone down to one of their staff not 5 minutes ago.dont they get shirty when you say no lol.....parasites with no conscience.....is there anyway i can stop them contacting mee !!!!!
  • Gideon941
    Options
    I also get lots of texts every day from this cowboy outfit. For the record I have never applied for a loan from anyone, nor have I ever given my mobile number to any financial organisation apart from my bank. Basically they're running a fishing operation, hoping that enough people will reply STOP for them to know the line's active. Then of course it's open season!

Researching online I've also found that Cash Finance Direct are very keen to post rebuttals similar to the one from Andrea [sic] above. They claim to be so pure it's a wonder they don't mention helping old people across the road or rescuing kittens from deep wells! But their claims begs one simple question. Let me ask them direct:

Why if you're so respectable do you employ people to plague members of the public with endless texts? And please don't say that they're not employed by you. Firstly they're supplying you with active numbers. And secondly their texts clearly state that they do work for you!

Of course the bigger question has to be why a Government doesn't crack down on these people? When you see how many members of the public are affected there has to be votes in it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure