anyone heard of cash finance direct?

Options

Comments

• Junemartin26
    Options
    Today I had a TEXT from this company asking me to call a 012345 number?? I Googled and found this site! thank you for your posts, I know to ignore and move on, slightly concerned as to how they got my number and very much hoping I don't get charged for there TEXT!!
  • Trajal
    Trajal Posts: 550 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well I have just sent a recording of a telephone call to trading standards and the fraud office.

I didn't fall for the attempted scam, however I would like to point out a few key elements of what took place:

*) I asked the chap on the telephone if it was guaranteed. He said that it was 100% sure that I would recieve this loan and simply needed to call the number to activate it.

*) I asked the chap 3 times if the call would cost me anything. At each time he told me that because it was a referral the cost of the call would be paid for at source by Cash Finance Direct.

*) I asked him if he would need me to send in a telephone bill to claim a refund. He said twice that it was not necessary as I would not be charged for the call.

*) I told him repeatedly that I was looking at a web page where I was being informed that the 090x numbers were premium rate services and that I would be charged. He told me each time that no charges would appear on my bill.

This is not a training issue, nor an overzealous telephone sales monkey, this is nothing but fraud and attempting to gain money through deception.

How dare you come on here and pretend to be a legitimate company when you are attempting to steal money from people like this. If you were up front about it and said 'yes it will cost you but you stand a decent chance of getting a loan' I would have no complaints, but guaranteeing loans and lying about the cost of call charges is unacceptable.

Anyway, it has been reported and the telephone call that was recorded has been passed to the police.
    Debt free, moved, got new stuff for the new flat - got everything I wanted and need - now just saving.
  • Yuki60
    Yuki60 Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't read through the entire thread yet but had a distraught call from my daughter today who has received up to 20 texts a day from these people for the last 4 weeks on her mobile. She has texted the stop thing each time and they keep coming. She doesn't have a pc and doesn't really get the concept of spam etc and its upsetting her a lot. I'm gonna call them monday and give them an earful. How do they get mobile numbers if my daughter has never been online?
  • philven
    Options
    Chances are if you couldn't get credit elsewhere they won't be able to secure it for you and the phone line is indeed 1.53. They do have a record of refunding this charge but why go through the aggravation of using them? If you go onto the website of their parent company, horizon finance, you can delete your details so they won't approach you again.
  • MRSWISHYWASHY2
    Options
    :mad:HI I GET UP TO 3/4 MESSAGES PER DAY BY THEM..LKIE HI ITS JAMES..YOURE LOAN IS READY..OR ITS EMMA PLEASE CALL AS SOON AS GOT GREAT NEWS ABOUT YOURE LOAN...WHAT LOAN..DONT THINK SO JAMES OR EMMA..NEVER HEARD OF CASH FAINCE ..LOL DONT GO THERE
  • triggerlow81
    Options
    just had a text from cash finance direct but its a doncaster number, dont think i'll bother ringing though but stupidly i gave my details to a guy from another company called cashone or something all was fine with loan application it was great then i gave my details after agreeing to the monthly repayments then he demanded 149 admin fee, i said no as i did not have it and it defeated the whole point of applying for a loan i had that money then i wouldnt need a loan i said that to him and said please cancel my application but he said he'll keep my application on hold i said no thanks then he the advisor got aggitated, so avoid these guys too.
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone who has bad credit it not going to get a loan off anyone apart from your local leg breakers..to anyone who is trying,give it up as you will end up getting scammed..The days of throwing money around like confetti are over..and rightly so.
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi everyone

Cash Finance Direct has asked to provide a response to some questions. MSE doesn't endorse anything a company says on the Forum.

"Cash Finance Direct is a scam and not a legitimate company "
    Cash Finance Direct Limited, trading as Horizon Finance, is a master finance broker licensed by Phonepay Plus for our premium rate lines, The Office of Fair Trading (Licence Number: 0503842) to arrange financial products on behalf of our customers and compliant with the ICO operating code when processing client's personal data (Licence: Z5629285). We are exempt from registration with the FSA (Financial services authority) as we do not arrange secured loans or lend money ourselves.

"If Cash Finance Direct is a legitimate company why do they use a Premium Rate Phone Line "
    We are a business, and therefore cannot operate our service for free, the back-up support, underwriting department, customer services department, agent costs, extended opening hours and other benefits have a cost attached to them and we must cover this cost through the use of our premium rate call. We do not disguise the fact we generate an income from the use of our Premium Rate service and the call charges are provided from the outset

"No one ever gets a refund"
    If, for whatever reason, you are not 100% completely satisfied with our service and would like to claim your money back, we offer a full "no questions asked" money back guarantee for the full costs of your call. In order to obtain a full refund, we would simply ask that you post a copy of your telephone bill (to ensure that we do not underpay you) highlighting the calls made to our service to Customer Services Department, FREEPOST, CFD, SK1 1TA or email a scanned copy to customerservices@horizonfinance.co.uk. If 45 days have passed and you have not yet received a refund please contact our Customer Services team, ideally by email to customerservices@horizonfinance.co.uk or on 0800 195 1980, where we will investigate and promptly address your request as a matter of urgency.

"Cash Finance Direct keeps texting me"
    The text messages have not been sent by Cash Finance Direct, by a subsidiary company of Cash Finance Direct or by anyone employed by the organisation. They have been sent by a third party business who promotes many different services for various companies, of which ours is one. As such we do not have access to any of your details, nor are we in control of sending the messages. It is highly likely the message was sent to you as a result of the mobile number being obtained from a web site visited in regards to a finance enquiry.

At some point in the enquiry process the mobile number must have opted in, and the IP address recorded to allow the third party business to promote services to the mobile number. If this is not the case, or you simply wish to be removed from any future promotional activity, then we apologise on behalf of the company sending the text message for any inconvenience you may have experienced as a result of the contact. To be removed from future promotional activity we suggest you refer back to the message received, as it will contain instructions on how to opt out. Please note that it can take up to 5 working days for your request to be processed.

"Cash Finance Direct guaranteed me a loan"
    We are a loan broker, as such we do not lend the money to you directly, but we work with our large panel of lenders to find the right solution for you. We like to be open and honest with our clients and as such we would never promise you a loan, nor would we discuss typical APR's with you as this is ultimately the decision of the lender and would very much depend upon your individual circumstances.

To ensure our clients are fully made aware of this, it is stated in the early stages of our application script that 'We can not guarantee the acceptance of your loan'. Compliance is absolutely paramount to our organisation, we have scripted wording for our agents to make sure that they say only what they are permitted to say, nothing more, and nothing less. If you feel that an agent has provided you with incorrect information then we need to look into this as a matter of urgency, as such we would be grateful if you could contact us immediately ideally via email to customerservices@horizonfinance.co.uk or on 0800 195 1980 so that we can promptly investigate.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • each_uisge
    Options
    I am fuming:mad::mad::mad: with my idiot of a husband who decided in his (in)finite wisdom to give these ejits a call last month in an attempt to get a loan out of them.

I only found out over the weekend when I checked out my bank balance online to see that Sky had debited my account to the tune of nearly £90 for the month of August (I get my TV and phone through Sky) usually I pay no more than around £40 a month so to see this getting taken out of my account was a bit of a shock to say the least.

Went to Sky to check my bill found the offending telephone numbers:

Cable & Wireless 09061910874 Premium Rate 00:15:01 £24.640
    Cable & Wireless 09064001999 Premium Rate 00:09:42 £15.450

Consequently I Googled the numbers to find out who it was. I could not believe the stupidity of his actions! Only last year he was caught out by Yes who charged his card, for which he's never got his money back. The worst of it was at that time I showed him the reports and forum messages about loan brokers who operated in this way and the stupid man has gone and done it again - this time taking it out of my pocket :mad:

I've sent Horizon an email with a screenshot of the calls attached requesting a refund, as yet I have not received a reply off of them acknowledging the fact that I have contacted them. I just hope I get my money back:(
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    I take it hubby has had his "privileges" withdrawn :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business