anyone heard of cash finance direct?

Options

Comments

• dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, Out of circumstances i needed a quick loan of £500 so i contacted Cash Finance Direct, they assured me the loan would go through as soon as i called them on the 090 number. I did this then they asked me to call back on another 090 number. So yet again i called and all they did was say that there were two lenders interested who wanted to remain anonymous, when i tried to question what service they had actually given me the guy on the phone hung up! I'm so annoyed, as Cash Finance Direct knew that i'm on a low income with children, it disgusts me. Please do not use this company ever, learn by my costly mistake.

I think we have already had 8 pages saying roughly the same thing on this thread alone, and hundreds of threads about getting ripped of by brokers.

But like yourself, lots people dont seem to use google or their brains before using these unheard of companies. Think of it as cheap lesson in life, and a reminder to always google things/companies as some people have been taken by scams for tens of thousands!!
  • sharfar
    Options
    i replied to an email for a shout credit card within seconds i had a text asking me to call 0161 number said he could lend me 1,000 but i had to ring 09064001836 i said he was having a laugh as it is a premium rate number he said i would be refunded they keep texting me , glad i saved my money do not know how they can get away with it
  • THIS IS A WARNING FOR ANYONE DEALING WITH CFD - CASH FINANCE DIRECT (except they're not DIRECT at all, they're nothing more than crooks on the phone)

Their current operating method is to get their victims to call in on an 0906 number which is charged at £1.53 per minute and they will put you on hold a number of times pretending they're checking your details for a loan application.

All loan applications are false and any loan company telephone numbers that are given to you are just pulled off the Internet. If you attempt to call any of the given numbers they will tell you that they have no idea who CFD is or have any knowledge of your application. I suggest that all complaints for CFD - Cash Finance Direct are also reported to OFCOM who have a very tight regulation on how premium 0906 numbers are used. As you can see from this site there are plenty of other victims that have fallen to the fraudulent actions and so this should be a case for the police to investigate.

The people working on the end of the phone at CFD are either very stupid or have a hearing difficulty as every word you tell them requires a spell check - but my guess would be stupid (as they've not managed to get a real job) and also following company telephone delay tactics to get as much money back from the 0906 number as possible. I'll be sending a copy of this to my MP and my local trade standards office to investigate. I suggest everyone does the same.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    THIS IS A WARNING FOR ANYONE DEALING WITH CFD - CASH FINANCE DIRECT (except they're not DIRECT at all, they're nothing more than crooks on the phone)

Their current operating method is to get their victims to call in on an 0906 number which is charged at £1.53 per minute and they will put you on hold a number of times pretending they're checking your details for a loan application.

All loan applications are false and any loan company telephone numbers that are given to you are just pulled off the Internet. If you attempt to call any of the given numbers they will tell you that they have no idea who CFD is or have any knowledge of your application. I suggest that all complaints for CFD - Cash Finance Direct are also reported to OFCOM who have a very tight regulation on how premium 0906 numbers are used. As you can see from this site there are plenty of other victims that have fallen to the fraudulent actions and so this should be a case for the police to investigate.

The people working on the end of the phone at CFD are either very stupid or have a hearing difficulty as every word you tell them requires a spell check - but my guess would be stupid (as they've not managed to get a real job) and also following company telephone delay tactics to get as much money back from the 0906 number as possible. I'll be sending a copy of this to my MP and my local trade standards office to investigate. I suggest everyone does the same.

Did you get a refund
  • cfdscammers
    Options
    I don't know how this cowboy outfit are allowed to continue trading.

I've been hassled for days by them and I didn't ask for any loans ever.

When I rang them they were rude and unhelpful bordering on threatening.

1st one from: 0161 850 2616. 2nd September 2013 13.09.

Hi *******, It’s Emma. Please ring me at 0161 850 2616ASAP. I have good news regarding your credit application. I’m with Cash FinanceDirect. Txt STOP to end.

2nd September 2013 13.09.

2nd one from: 01233 802508. 3rd September2013. 13.09

Hi ********, We have just received your credit applicationand would like to proceed with you.

Please call CF direct at 01233 802508 now. Txt stop 2 end.

3rd September 2013. 13.09

3rd one from: 07449 362883. 4thSeptember 2013. 13.20.

*******. Great news! Ur preselected to apply for a shoutvisa card.

Shoutcard9.co.uk/55b28

2 apply now. No interest charges txt stop 0176 to end.

4th one from: 01234 488140. 5thSeptember 2013.

Hi *******. It’s Emma. Please ring me on 01234 488140 asap.I have good news regarding your credit app. I’m with CF direct. txt stop 2 end.

Plus a phone call today from 0208 454 7445. Asked for ***** and I told him to remove me from their database.

THEY ARE A rude and premium rate phone call conning OUTFIT and must not be trusted.

The numbers are all different but come from a STOCKPORT call centre.

They have cost me time, inconvenience and phone call costs.

Not to mention the stress.

I notice they have been investigated by Mirror.co.uk

I cannot post the link sorry as I am new.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just delete them. Better than telling them that your number is genuine.
  • cfdscammers
    Options
    Just delete them. Better than telling them that your number is genuine.

When they are texting and calling my private mobile every day its not acceptable.
  • sharp82
    sharp82 Posts: 2,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Delete or download an app (if you have such a phone) which can block texts from numbers not in your phonebook

Its not really worth getting stressed about
  • cfdscammers
    Options
    sharp82 wrote: »
    Delete or download an app (if you have such a phone) which can block texts from numbers not in your phonebook

Its not really worth getting stressed about

I don't have a smartphone.

They must have my mobile number by mistake or are just texting en masse or ringing on spec.

I've checked into this outfit and they are an unprofessional scamming company only interested in you ringing a premium rate number if you want a loan.

This needs highlighting hence my post and username.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    They do it en masse by randomly generating number. Which is why it's generally not advised to confirm to them that your number is genuine.

Everyone tends to get them at some point but they normally drop off. I had daily 'had an accident at work?' texts for a couple of months last year but they've now stopped.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure