TizerCats Fiscal Adventures

Options

Comments

• TizerCat
    TizerCat Posts: 473 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 August 2011 at 9:27PM
    Options
    another NSD for me today as the riding lesson was prepaid :) have finally updated the siggie. Shopping was a bit more this week, but still well under budget.

Menu for the week

Bacon & tomatoe pasta tonight with enough left over for 3 lunches next week.
    Chicken Pie from last weeks chicken
    Quiche from last week
    fish n chips n mushy peas
    Chilli and rice made from last weeks left over bolognese
    Pizza chips and salad
    Cheese and bacon pasta.

All housework done and washing - just finishing off the tumble drying! So should have all day tomorrow for the allotment :)

Car has now got a full MOT on it. but when I tried to drive it today the rear brakes stuck on ! I got them to release eventually but will have take it back to the garage on Monday as it looks like they have over adjusted something. Cars seem such a money pit am still considering selling it and joining the car club..might look on here and see if anyone has experience of them.
    Debt at LBM 27 Sept 2010 £40,640.17:o cleared it in 2017. Debt now £3600 on credit card 0% and £20k on consolidation loan Oh dear will I ever l learn!? B][/FONT
  • Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'll be eating round yours next week then - all sounds very yummy :)

Happy allotmenteering for tomorrow
    xx
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,834 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Bah! to naughty cars. What sort of things do you do in your riding lesson?
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Thank you L & L-H :)

Riding lessons prior to yesterday were concentrating on getting my confidence back as I was actually petrified of even getting on! So just walk trot and canter with gradually sitting up and letting go of the saddle/neck strap/horse!!! With Angus yelling at me to stop wasting his time and marching after me with a lunge whip! We have practised some dressage tests to keep me focused on what I am doing too. Still it has worked really well and I can say as long as I am riding one of his horses I don't think of what disasters may happen to me anymore!

This week we have started to look at what is at the root of me losing my confidence. Basically I'm relying on my hands - probably as a means to balance myself. So today i had to ride with just the outside rein and let go of the other one. Quite an eye opener! Could do it in one direction and not the other!

To be honest I don't think my riding will really improve until I a)lose some weight b) get alot fitter c) ride more frequently. But that will have to wait for the time being!

Can hear the students are up so better show my face to the world :)
    Debt at LBM 27 Sept 2010 £40,640.17:o cleared it in 2017. Debt now £3600 on credit card 0% and £20k on consolidation loan Oh dear will I ever l learn!? B][/FONT
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,834 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think I fall into your a,b,c category. I have a real mental block with my weight, I know I need to lose it, I know what I have to do yet I cannot seem to implment it.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • TizerCat
    Options
    I know where you are coming from L. But i think we can only concentrate on so many things at once and weight loss is a job in itself! you have Family, work, studying and your new business not to mention the debt busting! one day the time will be right and we both will be able to concentrate on weight loss and we will succeed! :)

Lovely day at the allotment - it seems to have been a good year for runner beans LOL!

Popped up to the stables and watched DD have a lesson - she has really improved over the last few months and rides my horse much better than me :( or :) not sure which!

We are now having a thunder storm - so the allotment is getting a free watering :)
  • TizerCat
    Options
    another day another dollar ...Almost got my 7th nsd but student told me it was his 18th birthday tomorrow so rushed out and bought a card and cake for him to take to class. Nothing much else to report..work,dog walk,dinner,shower, TV, bed :)
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Have just popped home to walk the doglet! Work is soooo frustrating today i feel like selling my flat and moving to a far corner of the country where I can live with little contact with people! Just me and doglet :)

Oh well I had better go back ......
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Spent a lovely evening at the allotment with doglet - am slowly getting it cleared :D Lots of midges about and foxes! IT feels more like autumn already as there is a chill in the evening air. Its a fabulous way to unwind after work :)

Colleague brought hr 4 week old baby into work for us to see - baby is gorgeous :):) - it is amazing how small they are at that age! As I knew she was coming I picked her card and prezzie up when I went home at lunchtime, then promptly dropped the card in the dogs water! so sacrificed another NSD to buy another one - but worth it:).

Watching CSI and off to bed
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Am watching CSI again, am an addict!

Have updated GC with this weeks shopping. Felt a bit depressed in $sda yesterday - don't know why - it just hit me how much everything is going up in price! didn't help this morning getting a letter from Ebico saying their gas and electric is going up too- :eek: I think I should make a conservative effort to winter proof the flat or the meters will be eating all my cash again this winter.

Walked into town to get my driving licence photo updated -and paid £24.50 for the priviledge :cool: Atleast i saved the bus fare!

Sun was out by the time I got home so I walked to the allotment with doglet and did some more clearing.

Have done all the house work and washing including the students'.

Spag bol for inner whilst watching Harry P :)

Fingers crossed for sunshine tomorrow and will get to the allotment again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport