TizerCats Fiscal Adventures

Options

Comments

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,779 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What's happening with the horses at the mo, are you still loaning/selling one?
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • TizerCat
    TizerCat Posts: 473 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 July 2011 at 5:25PM
    Options
    Hi L,

Well I still own both of them I'm afraid. Both are now on full loan though. The 5 year old has gone away to a 17 year old girl who is studying for her BHS exams at college and is doing lots with her including a jumping clinic last week. Her contract ends in Nov so I don't know if she will want to renew or give her back then. The girls mum did ask how much I would sell for If I did sell her, so there is a chance they will buy.

DD has now given in and taken the older horse on full loan, so is also paying all the costs. But like the other one she could come back in the winter and I will have to find money to keep them a the most expensive time of year! Hence the savings pot for the horses! If I don't need it it can be added to the debt pot next spring :)

Oops late for work again ..........ta ta x
    Debt at LBM 27 Sept 2010 £40,640.17:o cleared it in 2017. Debt now £3600 on credit card 0% and £20k on consolidation loan Oh dear will I ever l learn!? B][/FONT
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Work over time to cook for the students....If it stays fine I might pop up to the allotment with the pooch :)
    Debt at LBM 27 Sept 2010 £40,640.17:o cleared it in 2017. Debt now £3600 on credit card 0% and £20k on consolidation loan Oh dear will I ever l learn!? B][/FONT
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Chicken Broccoli and pasta bake was lovely...will do that one again..a good way to make 2 chicken breasts stretch to 4 :):D

Weather held off for the evening so took doggie up to the allotment where I laid some more woodchip paths and doggie chased foxes! One came and sat about 10 feet from her and watched us...this was just far too cheeky for my Russell! :D
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Another NSD for me today..Which is good as it is becoming a habit :)

Had a lazy dinner tonight a £1.50 Pizza and cheap oven chips with salad from the allotment. Was a nice change from all the cooking! Did potatoes ready for tomorrow. We'll have sausages,onions and mustard mash with beans I think :)

Nipped up to the allotment again tonight and did a spot of weeding and started digging another bed. Silver lining of all this rain is it is much easier to dig :) The fox cubs came back again and took an interest in what i was up to. They played in the next plot and kept stopping to watch. Every now and again they crept onto my plot and were quickly chased off by the wee doggie!

Time to read a few diaries...before bed :)
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Weigh in today...have put on 3 3/4 lb in a week! As I thought, these cheap recipes are more fattening so I need to tweek the menu a bit to reduce the energy value if i want to get my weight down.

Time for work..
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Another hectic day at work! diet not going to well but at least writing it down on the OS thread is making it clear where I'm going wrong!

Weeks shopping done and menu planned. Tomorrow its housework washing and hopefully a riding lesson if weather permits. Sunday its up to the allotment - the site is having an open day so should be interesting !

Can't wait until monday should get my first payment for the students and will be able to put it towards the mortgage arrears.

Nite nite! Duvet dog says time for bed :)
  • Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi TizerCat,

great to hear you soudning so upbeat & full of enthusiasm & motivation. Savings pot for horses is a fab idea. My DD went to a riding party last weekend & had her first ever go on a pony. She was beaming when she came out & claims to now be a jockey :rotfl:.

Of course she now wants a pony of her own & regular lessons. I need to do a lot of research as there seems to be a big difference in prices.

Hope the students are easy to live alongside & sharing the bathroom ;)

Keep going, you're doing really well :)
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Thank you L-H I see you were up as late as me!

Horse riding is a very expensive hobby to get involved in I'm afraid so yes shop around. Around here some schools give discounts for regular bookings if paid in advance. An alternative is see if there is someone with a childs pony who will loan it for contribution to the pony's costs- about £10 a day is usual around here. Children can gain alot of independence and confidence from learning to ride though! (as can adults ! LOL!)

As for buying..the young lady who has my welsh cob on loan was told by her parents that she would have to fund her own horse riding/ownership and as soon as she was old enough, worked for rides at a local riding school. She now goes to college and works w/e and hols and gets free stable and hay and some cash to keep my horse on loan. It is because of this I agreed to pay for the vaccinations and horse dentist next month. She is still my horse afterall and the girl is paying for everything else herself, including lessons to improve my horse!

To be honest as much as I have loved my horses I wish I hadn't bought my own and had stuck to doing part loans...but that is the DFW side of me coming out now!!!

Better get started on the housework .............
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Phew Tizercat

Just caught up from June time - lots been going on for you - same as usual!!!

Just wondered if you have seen the Payment A Day thread - last year I tried to do it every day but had fits and starts. INstead of thinking I can't pay a £100 debt if you pay a small amount each day it will soon get paid and of course it soon adds up. LondonAndy paid off £28,500 in a few years just by PADing!!!

EE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport