TizerCats Fiscal Adventures

Options

Comments

• TizerCat
    TizerCat Posts: 473 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Lucielle - enjoyed the riding lesson - am beginning to get my confidence back slowly. Week after next am going on a hack with them :)

EyeBright I will have at least another £150 - £300 per month to put towards my debts depending on the time of year. DD is having more fun with her than I ever have anyway!

Lula-Hula - you have given me an idea - I think I will start saving the little yeast tins I get for making the bread. They will be the perfect size for putting money by:)

Sorting out the budget will be a job for tomorrow I think along with the cooking. Took the dog for a lovely long walk on the downs on the way back from the yard this morning , so didn't get as much done as planned. Students room is finished though!
    Debt at LBM 27 Sept 2010 £40,640.17:o cleared it in 2017. Debt now £3600 on credit card 0% and £20k on consolidation loan Oh dear will I ever l learn!? B][/FONT
  • TizerCat
    Options
    :D:D:D:D:D
    HURRAH! have got my first choice for the Sun holiday thanks to the folks on MSE! Dog and I are off to Dawlish on the 12 Sept....Devon here we come :):) haven't been there since I was a kid!

It is perfect timing a our busy period at work finishes at the end of August and I will be knackered by then!

TC
    Debt at LBM 27 Sept 2010 £40,640.17:o cleared it in 2017. Debt now £3600 on credit card 0% and £20k on consolidation loan Oh dear will I ever l learn!? B][/FONT
  • Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh that's great news,

you'll have a fab time & come back all refreshed & ready for the next bout of debt busting ;)
    xx
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,746 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done on the holibobs.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Got up at 5.30 to take DS to work as doing overtime and no bus that early.

Walked the dog then went back to bed :)

Cheap family recipes menu for today.

Poached chicken
    Bubble and squeek
    Roasted Squash
    H/m stuffing

Have got Chicken poaching for tea in the slow cooker with home grown garlic and onion. Have made the bubble and squeek into potatoe cakes (home grown pots and carrots) which I baked in the oven instead of frying as I made 2 of the cheese and onion tarts for later in the week and put them in together. Have just made the H/M stuffing receipe and added some sage which was from the allotment too. Stuffing is waiting in the oven with the butternut squash and onions to cook later.
    Also have runner beans from the lotte to go with it. Have cheated on the gravy tho and bought instant.

Have also made pea soup and frozen in portions for my lunch this week and the pastry for making the chicken pie with the leftover chicken.

Feel like i'm almost a cook :)

This CFR menu is much nicer than the more expensive food I used to buy at a fraction of the price!

am off to divide the chicken up and reserve some for the pie and if enough left to make a Chicken and potatoe soup :)

Tomorrows dinner will be the Cheese and onion tart with salad leaves, onion carrot and peppers and boiled pots. Again all veggies from the lotte:)

Must do the jam jar savings plan later too.....
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,746 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yum! What time do you want me???
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Eyebright
    Eyebright Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    TizerCat wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D
    HURRAH! have got my first choice for the Sun holiday thanks to the folks on MSE! Dog and I are off to Dawlish on the 12 Sept....Devon here we come :):) haven't been there since I was a kid!

It is perfect timing a our busy period at work finishes at the end of August and I will be knackered by then!

TC

Oooh Dawlish is luvverly, I only live a few miles from there!!! I really hope you have a great time, you deserve a fab holiday!
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    1 debt vs 100 days #14 20/1000
    Saving for Christmas 2020 50/500
    EF Saving 285/500
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Had a brian wave whilst walking the dog t 6.30 this morning regarding the jam jar savings plan.

A) any saved cash in July will go towards the Mortgage arrears and the overdraft, having already cleared the rent arrears this month.

B) August will start seperate bank accounts/pots as follows and divide all saved money up between pots.

HSBC A/c = Full and Final settlement fund 4:8
    Natwest A/c = Major expenditure fund ie car/white goods 2:8
    Open another a/c = Horse a/c (incase loans end suddenly)1:8
    Pot 1 = 50% of others Minor personal expenses ie shoes glasses holiday 1:8
    Pot 2 = fuel for month £60
    Pot 3 = food for month £100

That should satisfy the difficulty I feel in putting all left over money towards the debt and having nothing saved for emergencies. or all the money going to emergencies and nothing towards the debt:)

I may also expand pots to include saving for car bills etc once started.

OK off to work ...have a good day all:beer:
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Finally achieved my 2nd NSD today! 2/13 is pretty dismal! I'm very out of practice!

Made bacon pasta tonight for tea. the students are proving very cheap to feed as one of them eats out :) so have enough for 3 portions in the freezer :)

Walked the dog up to the allotment I share to find my friend had dug up my peas and taken the key to the shed. Glad I had picked some of the peas at the weekend, not much I could do without tools tho so watered the greenhouse and picked some toms, lettuce , R.Beans and calabrese.

I get the impression that she is not very happy that I am giving her plot up in the autumn and is going to be as difficult as possible! i sort of thought she would be like this that was why I kept putting off telling her. When I told her she said that she didn't want to work the plot but didn't want to give it up so someone else could have it! Will phone her tomorrow to get the access to the shed as most of the tools I've bought over the winter are still in there as I don't have a shed at my own plot yet! To be honest I will be glad when she is out of my life as it is tiring to be tiptoeing around her!

Time for a quick lurk on here then a good sleep!
  • Skittle
    Skittle Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Hi TC

Yay for picking Devon :j It's booful down ere me lover - proper job!
    Mortgage currently £89,663
    On the road to mortgage freedom :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family