TizerCats Fiscal Adventures

Options

Comments

• TizerCat
    TizerCat Posts: 473 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lovely day at the allotment in the glorious sunshine! have brought lettuce, peppers, runner beans, a courgette and potatoes home.:D

Growing your own veg is definitly good for the soul!

Just finished making potatoe and onion soup for this weeks lunches at work.

Time for bed me thinks. :)

TC
    Debt at LBM 27 Sept 2010 £40,640.17:o cleared it in 2017. Debt now £3600 on credit card 0% and £20k on consolidation loan Oh dear will I ever l learn!? B][/FONT
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,779 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That sounds like a lovely day.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • TizerCat
    Options
    After a long day toiling at work, spent a lovely evening at the allotment :) very peaceful. Had goosberrys I picked for tea:)

Students arriving next weekend and continuing until end of August now! some weeks 2 students, some just 1. but will make some money as long as I stick to a food budget. i must do a menu.

Have agreed a reduced rent for DD and DS so we will all benefit:) More students still being booked in so may yet end up with 2 for the whole period.

Have started collecting tokens for sun Holidays. I did it before a few years ago. Just dog and I spent 4 days in Hastings and really enjoyed it. I have the car this time so might try somewhere further afield :) It just means I wont get any NSD's this week as have to buy the paper :(

Got Experian report aswell today. Many of my debts no longer show as they are over 6 years old and it had me as a reasonable risk for credit! Was surprised that the none of the £1 monthly payments were showing on my Barlclaycard though!

Will have a quick Lurk on here and off to bed :)
    Debt at LBM 27 Sept 2010 £40,640.17:o cleared it in 2017. Debt now £3600 on credit card 0% and £20k on consolidation loan Oh dear will I ever l learn!? B][/FONT
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Was raining here when I finished work so no allotment tonight :(

Baked bread instead :) makes the flat smell lovely!

DD bought 2-4-1 takeaway pizza so I got the free one in exchange for cooking dinner tomorrow- bargain :)

Paid rent arrears today - so a step towards being debt free:)

Early night tonight I think ....Night all :)
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,779 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done on the payment.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Eyebright
    Eyebright Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Yay, good news on the rent arrears being paid! One step closer to being a DFW! Hope you are well :)
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    1 debt vs 100 days #14 20/1000
    Saving for Christmas 2020 50/500
    EF Saving 285/500
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Am very pleased...have found out that I don't have to pay for the entertainment passes for the Sun Holidays as they are optional :) When I went before I paid for the pass but didn't use it as wasn't allowed to leave the dog in the caravan on her own or take her in. So Holiday will be even cheaper!

Raining again :(

Have a good day everyone ....
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Worked late last night. Spent hours putting data on a spreadsheet my colleague set up complicated macros on before she went on maternity leave. then broke the spreadsheet AAAAAAGH! :mad: Will have to go in this morning and fix it:cool:

Trouble is cos I worked late and was very tired I didn't cook dinner for DD as promised so went out a bought sausage and chips for us both SIGH! So failed on the diet and the money saving :(

Normally this would be how the start of the slippery slope back into old habits starts, but not this time! today is a new day ....will do menu for students tonight to start:)

Have chosen dates and parks I would like to bid for in the Sun hols. all dog friendly :) I love collecting the tokens and planning as much as the holiday I think!

Have a good day DFW'ers TC
  • Eyebright
    Eyebright Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi TC! Good to hear you are keeping your chin up and refusing to slip back into the bad, old habits. Like you say its a whole new day, one day of naughtiness wont ruin everything but giving up and slipping back will.
    Where are you hoping to go on your Sun holiday? I always mean to do it, then every year I somehow end up not collecting the tokens!
    Have you got your spreadsheet sorted out? I haven't got a clue when it comes to them. I do all my finances with pen and paper. Stuck in the dark ages me!
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    1 debt vs 100 days #14 20/1000
    Saving for Christmas 2020 50/500
    EF Saving 285/500
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Hi EyeBright, It is surprising how easy it is to slip back into the ways that got me into this mess. I think the problem is with the students coming I know there will be some extra cash on the way and I relax. You know - think just spending a little wont hurt and before I know it I've spent alot! I've always been good with money when there isn't any! my weakness is when there is money available...even creditcards etc... I seem to convince myself that the spending is necessary!

I guess the next couple of months will be hardest to break this habit!

You seem to be much more motivated than me Eyebright so does Lucielle. I guess i just have to try harder.

Changing the subject....I am hoping to go to either Devon or the New forest this year as I have the car. 2 years ago I did it on the train and went to Hastings. I really enjoyed it! Just me and the dog walking and reading ....it was very peaceful. But maybe I shouldn't spend money on it as I am having the riding lesson too as my 'treat'.

Xcel disaster sorted .... and wasn't too painful in the end, I was just getting overtired as at the puter for 11 hours Wed!

Am off home to take dog to the park and then write my menu and shopping list for when the students arrive.

Have a good evening all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure