TizerCats Fiscal Adventures

Options

Comments

• TizerCat
    TizerCat Posts: 473 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Up to midnight last night filing 6 months worth of bank statments/ bills and letters - but a chore all done :) student loan deferrment form sent off with payslips - parking permit paid for - have also found form to change my driving license photo as it is over 10 years old - so another job for after payday.

Have also labelled pots aka surplus glasses cases - I knew I was saving then for something! Must find a charity to donate the old glasses - Having worked out how much I need to put by for xmas, car tax, car insurance, DS's B'day, the riding lessons for the month, and next years parking permit plus money for all the usual monthly expenses will be in my Halifax account, has really put my wages into perspective! It doesn't look like loads of spare cash any more - in fact am concerned I will have enough to pay for everything as also have car MOT which is a bit of an unknown quantity!

No wonder I have struggled in the past! It will get better tho and there will be more for the debts in future months as many of the things I have to save for, as the cost is spread over just a couple of months instead of a year. Will definitely have to make a big effort to pay the Water Bill Debt tho!

I feel ready and prepared for payday now - not a penny will escape my fingers unnecessarily this month!
    Debt at LBM 27 Sept 2010 £40,640.17:o cleared it in 2017. Debt now £3600 on credit card 0% and £20k on consolidation loan Oh dear will I ever l learn!? B][/FONT
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,833 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That post sounds so positive and focused. Go you!
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • TizerCat
    edited 29 July 2011 at 10:43PM
    Options
    got woken up by DS at 5.10 :eek: this morning as he had overslept and needed a lift to work. Managed to get the weeks shopping done and took the dog to the park before work.:D

Well its payday and I have managed to avoid any unnecessary spends - just food shopping, petrol, mortgage, Electric, Gas & Tv licence. Have also left enough in the Halifax bills a/c to pay for the direct debits/food/petrol. The surplus balance I have transferred to the Debts and Household savings accounts. :)

DS gave me his contribution to the household bills, which I used for the electric and gas meters for the month plus this months installment for next years car insurance.:)

So am feeling very productive today :j

Tomorrow an going to Hickstead horse show with a work colleague and my student. We have free tickets and will park outside to avoid the car park charge. Am planning an NSD day, so am taking a packed lunch and a flask :money:.

Hope everyone has a good weekend

TC
    Debt at LBM 27 Sept 2010 £40,640.17:o cleared it in 2017. Debt now £3600 on credit card 0% and £20k on consolidation loan Oh dear will I ever l learn!? B][/FONT
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Fantastic day at hickstead - and didn't spend a single penny :D

Managed to pop up to the allotment in the morning and took doglet for a walk along the seafront before we went.:)

Have already been up to the allotment this morning and tidied up the tomatoe plants that were taking over the greenhouse:eek:. Have harvested some more potatoes/beans/carrots and brought home the shallots that have been .

My student is going home this morning and two more boys are arriving this afternoon so have to get the washing machine on the change the bedding over. Time to get on with the housework and dinner and hopefully get back up to the allottment later.:)

Another student payment tomorrow to distribute between my pots.
  • lucielle
    Options
    You are sounding so oganised that those debts won't know what hit them.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
  • TizerCat
    Options
    am not feeling very organised at the mo!

Am too busy at work/home to keep track of everything! I like to come on here at least once a day to keep me grounded and on track but haven't had the chance the last couple of days and feel withdrawal symptoms coming on.

Have 2 more NSD's to add for this month and some shopping to the grocery challenge --was V BAD yesterday and bought a Magnum icecream for a whopping £1.90 cos I was getting hot/stressed at work and needed some love! Have got to get bread/ milk and a B'day cake for DS who is 26 today :) I know i should of made it but just haven't had the time :(

Also car went for MOT yesterday will cost £230 to get through with another £210 of extra not so urgent work to do. Will get the MOT stuff done, but am considering selling the car after my holiday in september. There are 2 city car clubs here and they may work out cheaper than owning as I only use it once or twice a week now.

Anyhow must sign off .......

PS the bearings have gone on the washing machine too ....it sounds like an aircraft carrier taking off!!! £180 to fix so looks like I'm hunting for a second hand one aswell.
  • lucielle
    Options
    Machinery seems to know when its the worst time to break down. On the positive side, you have the student money coming for the next lot and you can still make your normal repayments. Keep yer chins up.
    L
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Am feeling very stuffed!! Could probably live on what I've eaten tonight for the rest of the week! Had a lovely sausage'n'mash dinner at the local pub for DS's birthday. Had a great evening with DS and DD -

Shopping came to a huge 91p:D found a Tesco indulgence chocolate cake reduced to £2.45 :D and paid with a Tesco clubcard voucher. so only had to pay 91p inc the milk and bread:T:T
  • lucielle
    Options
    I so love billy bob bargains!!
    L
  • Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You're doing really well TizerCat,

Keep it up :D
    xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories