PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Great 'What do you hate spending money on the most?' Hunt

Options

Comments

• Jackienock
    Options
    OK so we all hate spending on Council tax and utilities, my main grouse is ink cartridges, dishwasher tablets, Calgon and PETROL.
  • Puma54
    Options
    Paying to park at the hospital where I WORK! then being fined £40 for not displaying my parking permit on one occasion. (it slipped off the dashboard!) Even though the fee is deducted form my pay each month and the company have records to prove this an appeal was refused.:mad::mad:
  • nonnie44
    Options
    Petrol all the way - my car just seems drawn to our local station and likes to flash it's little orange petrol light everytime I try to drive past - aargh!!!
  • Lum
    Lum Posts: 6,460 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 September 2010 at 11:15AM
    Options
    Paying to park at Hospital when I decided to drive myself to A&E. They wouldn't even let me book in at A&E until I'd paid, which took about 20 minutes to go to the concourse at the front, find a cash machine (fee charging), queue for change, find a working pay&display machine, walk back to my car, stick the ticket in and finally go to A&E. Next time I'll just call an ambulance.

Cash machine fees

Toilets at railway stations

Toll roads for routes where no sane alternative exists (eg. Mersey Tunnels, Severn Bridge, Dartford Tunnel, don't mind the M6 Toll so much)

Paying to call 08xx numbers from a mobile when you have loads of "free minutes" left. Doubly so if it's an 0800 number. Triply so if they then answer and put you in a queue rather than just leaving it ringing.
  • claire5005_2
    Options
    smileyt wrote: »
    Postage and packing that is extortionate for the article I have bought. I usually do without or try to find somewhere cheaper; many companies have lost a sale to me by overcharging on this.

I so agree. I will NOT pay over the odds for postage, I know how much it should cost as I post everything for my company. I even go without just to prove a point :D

I had an argument with one company that provided a postage quote page and then tried to charge me more and couldn't understand when I complained!

Don't try and make a profit on the postage, especially if this is just to make your products look cheaper. Most people are not fooled by this approach anymore.
  • bebebelle
    bebebelle Posts: 1,453 Forumite
    Options
    VAT on Womens monthly products. I swear this makes me sooo mad.
    I appreciate Each and Every win. I thank every comp poster from the bottom of my heart :A
  • jpw93
    Options
    Wifi in hotels, airports etc.

Complete rip-off, rates are extortionate.

Makes my blood boil.
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Student loans...the rate they're rising at is sickening. They are not fair and it's the poorest who will be hit the hardest alongside low/middle income families whose children are penalised in every direction.

No benefits, no grants, no concessions of any kind, no tax breaks, nothing.
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • midnightraven3
    Options
    gosh:(

we are obvioulsy a nation of disgruntled people

i think the only one i would have to say i really support is parking at hospitals & tvs etc in hospices

but i tend to think what if we didnt pay

i am grateful for the NHS
    my daughter is a kidney patient, we could never afford to pay for the treatment she has received

all the car related expenses, if it wrankles that much i would do without a car, then people can moan about public transport costs, and how unreliable it is

tax be it road tax, poll tax whatever, may not sit right, but is there really an alternative that everyone would sit and support?
    maybe put road tax on fuel prices, that way bigger road users pay more, i dunno

i think we are just a nation who like to moan:rotfl:
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I can't do without a car as my job requires a huge amount of travel over a vast county. It's an essential car user post for which I'm penalised by the Tax Office.
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure