PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Great 'What do you hate spending money on the most?' Hunt

1232425262729»

Comments

• The SIA License fees I had to pay to work in my old job; £270 for 3 years, JUST to be allowed to do my job!! I didn't bother renewing last time it expired...when the SIA badges came out, we got great pay as licensed guards were few and far between, but now anyone can get one and it's back to minimum wage, on top of having the priviledge of paying to go to work. No thanks!!
  • soozywooz wrote: »
    Actually that's not quite true. You only need to pay for the licence if you are watching live streaming not for stuff you are watching things that are not on live.

You need it for also recording live transmissions.
    A loop hole would be say for your neighbour to record what you want and then you to watch it without a license.

The act of not having a license will however lead to their gestapo tactics demanding you proof to them you do not watch TV.
    The assumption everyone does and unfortunately they employ salesmen to get confessions from little old ladies who might have forgotten to do so.
  • Car park charges are free in Scotland and Wales but not in England :(

Unfortunately there are still hospital car parks in Glasgow and Edinburgh were patients/staff have to pay to park. They were set up with private companies under Labour and the SNP couldn't afford to buy out the contracts when they scrapped the other charges.

I hate paying over the odds for bus fares, return on the local bus £3.45, return on the train £1.95. Guess which I take!
  • Vaila
    Vaila Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    its quite shocking how expensive it is to travel on public transport now, bit of a contadiction to the gov, advocating it aswell
  • GDC registration fees that you can't pay monthly and have just been increased to £576 and are taken out at Christmas time. Doctors pay under £300, why do we pay so much more?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure