Zoverstocks

Options

Comments

• squack
    squack Posts: 633 Forumite
    Options
    of course they have as much right as everyone else, but its the automated thing that I am getting at, everyone should be treated as equills and he must compete like the rest of the people that pays the 20quid subscription fee....its not business, its either everyone gets one of these automated programmes and totally wreck and humiliate play and amazons sites with glitches and ending up being an online pound shop or the alternative is to stop the automated programme altogether so everyone is treated fairly and can compete as a business....yeah zoverstocks can stay and as a right to but his automated programme must be banned...obviously some (not all) of you dont seem to see the point that i am trying to make...

zoverstocks can't really be referred to as "him", its a massive organisation rather than some bloke sat there with a few boxes of dvds and cds maliciously undercutting everyone. they must carry 50,000 different titles at least, there is NO WAY they could manage that number of listings without some kind of automated system and still be competitive. Having said that, they could make twice as much profit if they were a bit more clever with the pricing programme rather than going always for the lowest common denominator
    squaaaaaaaaacccckkkkkk!!!! :money:
  • chance1000000
    Options
    fine fair enough let them have the repricer thing but the programme must be made available to everyone that pays the subsciption then, problem solved....and there is no chance of zoverstocks being competitive having 100s more sellers with the exact same repricer, one thing that I havent told you is that I once had a repricer and was beating him at his own game but I was buying them aswell with other customers and zoverstocks had the cheek to report me and temp suspend me from play.com and was told by play that i wasnt allowed to do this even though it is the same as zoverstocks...I talked to play.com and I got my account back as I had valid points and had the proof that half of their items are poor condition, they actually list items they havent got but are in the post from somone sending them to him but not yet recieved, they list identical items on multiple sites for example he only has 1 of the same item but has listed elsewere so it looks as though he has 2 or 3, look at feedback for slow delivery, refunded etc they list this in the hope that they will receive it, if not then they refund...I undercut them when their listings went down to 98p now they have been told from play.com to raise the lowest so all his games now only go down to around £3, I have a phone number to one of the people at play and have been told from him to drop an email to trading standards and forward his details so play know they are in the wrong, they just want confirmation from higher sources....I contacted trading standards and they have placed my complaint with the rest but nothing has been done....Ive been told by play that I cannot drop and raise prices once theirs sells low...so you see play are unfair to people who beat his system and you can see my frustration that I have tackled and beaten him at his own game and they do not like it, there is something going on with the staff at these sites and zoverstocks...if they were as big as it looks then dont you think his will buy out play.com...these sites will lose out eventually on losing other sellers and not having any new sellers either....do you see my point now??
  • squack
    Options
    yes if all traders were using automatic pricing then prices of items would tumble, it would almost be like an unregulated tv reverse auction channel with several sellers constantly undercutting each other until their item is snapped up, it would be anarchy on there! and nobody would make any money or barely cover the costs of postage and packing, so the playtrade and amazon market place for games, dvds and cds would basically die...

the truth of the matter is that the value of any particular item is defined by what a customer is prepared to pay for it! this is not how zoverstocks works, their price is largely based on what other people or play.com itself are charging! by pushing their own price down often they are selling a dvd for £3, for example, when they could have got £6 for it, had they been a bit more intelligent with their pricing and which outlet they sold it from! i know they pay next to nothing for their stock but they could make just as much profit from half the turnover and without upsetting all the other traders both large and small
  • biscit
    biscit Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    Options
    The interfaces zoverstocks program uses are available to everyone. It's not as if Amazon have written the program and only made it available to zoverstocks. It wouldn't be hard for an individual trader of average intelligence to write one of their own.

It's not as if Amazon have provided zoverstocks with the software and refused to allow other traders to use it.
  • geordieracer
    geordieracer Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    Options
    If you want the pricing programme then go out and buy it then and use it. Nothing stopping you.

If you think it will help you shift your copies of Bros' last album any quicker then your mistaken.
    one of the famous 5:kiss:
  • emmbrook
    emmbrook Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 March 2011 at 6:21PM
    Options
    If you want the pricing programme then go out and buy it then and use it. Nothing stopping you.

Absolutely - anyone who wants to use the same software can. It's a little ironic complaining about a company that keeps lowering the price on a money saving website. ;)

I use Zooverstocks - they can be slow but the condition has been pretty much what I expected, and I've paid some very good prices.

If you don't want to sell to them as Music Magpie then don't. And if you don't want to buy from Zooverstocks, again, don't.

I shall continue to do so though.
  • L_Hill
    L_Hill Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Decided to do a little search to find out who Zoverstocks was since I buy a load of stuff from "It". Recognised this site from the google listings given.

To be honest, I actually thought these guys were some private little dvd shop somewhere in the UK, but I guess not after reading the previous messages.

My personal opinion of zoverstocks (I buy lots of cheap old dvds):

Cheapest and fastest delivery found so far. Especially for films I couldn't find from regular stockists online. They use the jiffy bags though, I prefer the hard cardboard boxes that HMV use. Less chance of a broken dvd case.

Could not fault zover. No idea who they are, but as far as using them to save some cash - Yes, usually always comes up cheapest and sometimes the only stockist for Dutch versions in the DVD market.

I don't work for them by the way, just thought I'd add my view since I bought a load of stuff from them.
  • squack
    Options
    sorry but unless you happen to live next door to them there is no way they are the fastest for delivery. if that's your experience i dread to think what other sellers you are ordering from. most of the negative feedback by zoverstocks' own customers concerns slow delivery when it's not about the actual condition of the item not being as expected. they compete purely on price, although they usually refund orders where there has been a problem rather than expecting you to return the item, which is a plus point for their customer services
  • chance1000000
    Options

If you think it will help you shift your copies of Bros' last album any quicker then your mistaken.

obviously you haven't read my previous post...I did have one last year and zoverstocks didnt like it as I was also buying from him aswell as other customers and they reported me for price manipultion...I appealed to play.com and my account was back but I couldt get a programme to take advantage....so basically what is the point, I was beating him good and proper and because he was losing sales etc decided to report people for nothing...this is how selfish they are. He only sells tat anyway so the thing I am doing is listing new games only and used games go elsewere...if more sellers did this then play.com will lose money from other sellers.....check out more unhappy people on facebook under zoverstocks sucks more people are getting more info on them as they are doing wrong in all sorts of areas...oh yeah just one last thing that I think is bang out of order from them is that they are starting to target schools which is against the law....they also have their own staff purchasing from them aswell to up their feedback, imagine how bad it would be without them...how many people are daft enough to send their items to them for next to nothing when more and more people just throw stuff on ebay or trade games in at a game shop in the high street....they rip people off from the start and has totally destroyed the online market with their slow delivered rubbish. They are listing items they dont have..why are people on here backing him...ive competed big time and got kicked off in the process...they are a greedy so called company that needs sorting out now otherwise play.com and amazon.com will become zoverstocks.com when are you going to listen.....

there is only really sqwak that is understanding things the rest and the one that works for them to cover who says he doesnt needs to open your eyes...they need there own selling site rather than someone elses, other play and amazon big sellers do
  • squack
    Options
    yes I must admit, some of their gushing feedback doesn't quite ring true so i suppose they could be buying their own items...

I'm afraid what is happening here is the online equivalent of what is going on in towns across Britain, where the small shops close because the paying public would rather spend their money at the big supermarket that is always 1p cheaper, because they pay so little for their supplies and operate on an economy of scale.

It's only when the choice is lost and the supermarket can then charge what it likes, that people realise they have lost out ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport