Zoverstocks

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• johnnyboyrebel
    johnnyboyrebel Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    Options
    emerald_66 wrote: »
    Well you might know nothing about us but we know absolutley nothing about you either!! The point I'm making mate is that you say you've never heard of zoverstocks but if you went on amazon now and randomly serached 100 dvd titles or cd titles I would hazard a guess at least 60% of those you searched the title would be listed by zovertsocks. I just find it hard belive you can't of heard of them especially when you are claiming to be a uber-huge mega seller bigger than them. It's like saying I own Asda but I've never heard of Tesco.

I would be interested to see where I have stated that I work for a company who are bigger than "zoverstocks", not once have I said this. If you read the posts, I did in fact make a couple of comments stating that as I dont know these guys but know most of the larger sellers on there then common sense suggests that there are bigger sellers, that is all I said. The company I work for certainly isnt as big as these guys appear to be from what you are saying and of course from searching now (since initially reading any of this) I can see them. It is worth noting that we sell strictly new items so they would not even come up in any of our manual price checks etc. as used/second hand prices are irrelevant to us as its a whole different market hence why I wouldn't have heard of them. If this is too difficult to understand then I dont know what more I can say.

So in reply to your specific post, the reason I havent heard of them is because I am certainly not a huge seller and we dont stock anything other than brand new items.
  • johnnyboyrebel
    johnnyboyrebel Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    Options
    thickjames wrote: »
    You have just made yourself a T*T by using that sort of language. If you are not happy with the views of others on this thread, don't post here. Nobody is forcing you. You can't make your mind up what you sell, who you sell it for and where you sell it.. that's why everybody is suspicious of you. Hope this hits a nerve again. Goodnight JohnBoy

I've had enough of you for one, reported. I hope this company actually do come on here one day so you can see what an idiot you are actually being. Any replies will not be read.
  • two can play that game your now reported jonnyboyrebel get off this page your bizzare person you don't even no what i've been through
  • emerald_66_2
    Options
    I would be interested to see where I have stated that I work for a company who are bigger than "zoverstocks", not once have I said this. If you read the posts, I did in fact make a couple of comments stating that as I dont know these guys but know most of the larger sellers on there then common sense suggests that there are bigger sellers, that is all I said. The company I work for certainly isnt as big as these guys appear to be from what you are saying and of course from searching now (since initially reading any of this) I can see them. It is worth noting that we sell strictly new items so they would not even come up in any of our manual price checks etc. as used/second hand prices are irrelevant to us as its a whole different market hence why I wouldn't have heard of them. If this is too difficult to understand then I dont know what more I can say.

So in reply to your specific post, the reason I havent heard of them is because I am certainly not a huge seller and we dont stock anything other than brand new items.

johnnyboyrebel - please find below a couple of quotes from your previous posts

1. We are up there with the big boys on these marketplaces, certainly on Amazon - hardly playing yourself down in that statement are you sunshine

2. As for zoverstocks stocking everything, the simple answer is that it is 99% likely that they won't stock half of what they list. A common thing on Amazon is to get stock lists from suppliers, use their cost, add a margin then upload the whole lot for sale. Once an order comes in then they order in that item from that specific supplier. If I were a private seller, I would say this is the way to go as it gives you hundreds, if not thousands, of listings to boost your inventory (looks good to customers) This is certainly not an official way of doing business so you didn't hear it from me which is why I wont give my details on here in terms of seller name etc. for fear of repercussions! -

HOW WOULD YOU KNOW THIS - seriously mate how? Please do enlighten us you came by this information (or are you/were you doing it yourself?)

3. No disrespect towards you by my comments, it just seems strange to read some of your claims. It does sound like you have had some kind of bad experience with this company but trading standards will very likely have no interest in some beef you have with a seller on a marketplace. If it was an individual site then perhaps.

Again how do you know this - do you work for trading standards aswell? How is it strange to read our claims? What's strange about it?

4. Clearly people selling the odd second hand CD will never compete with a business seller so why even consider it?

Well this is the best one yet. I'm a private seller why? well because I like trading and also it's a little sideline which keeps the bills under control and gives me a little extra money to help me and my family through. I'm not a greedy man, I'm not a vindictive man however I am above all FAIR and believe everyone should have an equal footing. If zoverstocks wants to be a huge corporate company than start there own site and trade fairly don't just go around blasting people out the water with crazy pricing and manipulative software and then threaten and then abuse them for no reason. I think a better question would be

WHY WOULD A HUGH POWER SELLER EVER WANT TO COMPETE WITH A SMALL TIME TRADER AND THEN INSULT, HARASS AND BULLY THEM OVER THE SAKE OF PENCE???????????

Like I have posted before all I would like is an explanation but it's one huge wall of ignorant silence .

Rant Over
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Options
    This thread is full of paranoia and stupidity.

I'm a personal seller on several sites & list the same items in more than one place - if it sells on one I delete it from the others. The few times an item has sold twice before I could do that I've cancelled/refunded and haven't got into any trouble with amazon/play for it.

I've managed to sell cds on amazon (& play) despite zoverstocks (and other sellers) having a (in some cases much) cheaper priced copy. Maybe instead of worrying about & accusing them of personally destroying your businesses you should list your items at the lowest price you can afford to (price match the other sellers not them) and make sure your descriptions and services (accuracy of condition, packaging, despatching on time etc) make you seem a better option to customers.
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • thickerjames
    Options
    This thread is full of paranoia and stupidity.

I'm a personal seller on several sites & list the same items in more than one place - if it sells on one I delete it from the others. The few times an item has sold twice before I could do that I've cancelled/refunded and haven't got into any trouble with amazon/play for it.

I've managed to sell cds on amazon (& play) despite zoverstocks (and other sellers) having a (in some cases much) cheaper priced copy. Maybe instead of worrying about & accusing them of personally destroying your businesses you should list your items at the lowest price you can afford to (price match the other sellers not them) and make sure your descriptions and services (accuracy of condition, packaging, despatching on time etc) make you seem a better option to customers.

THIS IS A QUOTE FROM JENNA APPLESEEDS HOMEPAGE

about me: spazzy autistic loser (only semi tongue-in-cheek)
    genuinely high-functioning-autistic, geek (sci-fi and music), obsessive, confused and have !!!! self-esteem. (yay me!)
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    JOG ON LOVE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport