New Halifax ISA 2.8%-3.0%

Options

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you or anyone else know if Halifax will allow me to transfer in my 10/11 contribution-so-far and then let me top it up? I know this is permissible under HMRC rules, but I also know some ISA providers are difficult about it.

I bloody hope so cause I've used £2.3k and just changed my ISA from a Saver Direct somethingsomething 0.5% to the Reward 2.8%! ;)
  • choc_mouse
    choc_mouse Posts: 487 Forumite
    Options
    Do you or anyone else know if Halifax will allow me to transfer in my 10/11 contribution-so-far and then let me top it up? I know this is permissible under HMRC rules, but I also know some ISA providers are difficult about it.

ETA that I'm wanting to transfer from a non-Halifax ISA

I'm hoping to let everyone know asap as I sent off my transfer forms to get this year's Nationwide e-ISA into Halifax's higher rate one. That was about a week ago and no action from either side yet.
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    Does no one read a product's Terms & Conditions before applying for it?

See http://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/forms/generic_sav_app/forms/pdfs/1_336202-9.pdf - page 15.
    Maximum deposit

The maximum amount you can pay in during the 2010/2011 tax year is £5,100. (This applies to all
    eligible customers over the age of 16.)
    This can include current tax year ISA subscriptions transferred in from another ISA
    provider.
    You can also transfer in previous tax years’ ISA subscriptions held elsewhere.
    You can make additional deposits to your Halifax ISA Direct Reward, subject to the annual ISA limits.
  • Lokolo
    Options
    Baldur wrote: »

See http://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/forms/generic_sav_app/forms/pdfs/1_336202-9.pdf - page 15.

Me? Noooo :D:p
  • choc_mouse
    choc_mouse Posts: 487 Forumite
    Options

No, not for simple instruments like an ISA.
  • blueberrypie
    blueberrypie Posts: 2,395 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

Yes, I read it.

It still doesn't answer my question. I have part of my 10/11 ISA allowance in an ISA with another provider. I realise I have to transfer this over in its entirety (ISA rules). I realise I'm then allowed to add to it to reach my 10/11 ISA allowance (ISA rules). What I don't know is whether Halifax will allow me to subscribe further money from this tax year when I've already put money into another ISA in this tax year (even though that will have been transferred to them).

And yes, I could phone Halifax and ask, but this seems to be exactly the kind of question that employees on the phone-lines (and in the branches) don't seem to be clear on - hence I thought I'd ask here, where there are a number of posters whose information is generally sound and trustworthy.
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, you can.

(No, I've never tested it, but knowing Halifax systems as I do/did there's no reason why they should restrict your intentions).
  • blueberrypie
    blueberrypie Posts: 2,395 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    opinions4u wrote: »
    Yes, you can.

(No, I've never tested it, but knowing Halifax systems as I do/did there's no reason why they should restrict your intentions).

Thanks for that.

Expert opinion - better than employee opinion anyday ;-)
  • james3333
    james3333 Posts: 752 Forumite
    Options
    Mee wrote: »
    However, I've just checked and it just says ISA Saver - which is worrying....:(

just checked mine too, mine just says ISA Saver also:(
  • Lokolo
    Options
    james3333 wrote: »
    just checked mine too, mine just says ISA Saver also:(

I got told they convert it from that account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure