Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    rb10 wrote: »
    But if they did pay it from receipt of the form (even if the account is subject to a notice period) then does that mean that I could now hand in a transfer form for an account that doesn't mature until April, and get an extra 10 weeks interest on it??
    I have checked again today. They have modified their ISA promise (on the website) to take account of fixed notice accounts. The T&C's are still "wrong" though.

They still have a few days to reply to my original complaint, otherwise its off to the FOS - letter, forms etc. all addressed and ready to go.
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ISA direct reward 4 just around the corner then? Is there any merit doing a transfer I wonder.
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    miller wrote: »
    ISA direct reward 4 just around the corner then? Is there any merit doing a transfer I wonder.
    Yes. If you transfer on to the current rate, and the new Reward comes in higher, you can switch to it.

If you don't transfer in and the new Reward comes in lower, you lose.
  • StephenM_2
    Options
    miller wrote: »

With ISA Direct Reward 4 on due on Monday, I'd be inclined to wait until then. Only 2 days to wait and it'll save the bother of a phone call to switch from 3 to 4.
  • stanmoor
    stanmoor Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Hey guys,

I registered for the ISA back in December - when i go into account summary it says ISA Direct Saver 3. This is at 2.80% I believe. I think the Direct Saver 4 is out now, which is 3% (am i right?). Can I call up and request to be transferred onto the higher interest one without an repurcussions, or will I lose interest? Thanks.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes you can call up and be transferred.
    Bit of a long winded call as they will want to make sure you are fully informed about their products, but basically you can do it in 10 minutes.
    You'll be on the new rate, plus I believe the benefit of the clock re-starting on your new 12 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure