New Halifax ISA 2.8%-3.0%

Options
opinions4u
opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
edited 22 September 2010 at 1:06PM in ISAs & tax-free savings
Linky

It certainly looks like a good deal. I can't see a rate guarantee anywhere, but this is still right up there in the easy access ISA market.

And it does accept transfers in.

Need to find out if I can redesignate my existing account for the extra 0.4% (edit YES, YOU CAN!).
£1 minimum opening balance - you will also need to keep a balance of at least £1 for the 12 month reward period
Unlimited withdrawals during the 12 month reward period
Unlimited number of deposits - up to £5,100 this tax year
Looks good to me.

Comments

• atsoc15
    Options
    agreed and they also plan to notify customers when the interest rate changes to a lower rate after 12 months which quoite frankly is a breath of fresh air
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Looks good but it is variable so you would need to keep an eye out for any changes in rate.
  • simpleguy_blr
    Options
    Tried the online application, if you have already opened an ISA for this tax year then the application does not go through.

I wanted to open this account and fund it from my previous tax years ISA - basically move and existing ISA.

can some who have done so let me know how can this be done? Please.

Cheers
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Options
    Tried the online application, if you have already opened an ISA for this tax year then the application does not go through.

I wanted to open this account and fund it from my previous tax years ISA - basically move and existing ISA.

Cheers
    From past experience, this needs to be done at a branch. They put in a £1 deposit on the form but never actually make the deposit into the account.
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options

Cheers
    Ring them up, redesignate your existing account and ask them to sort out the transfer in as well.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,617 Forumite
    Options
    My previous experiences with Halifax would lead me to the principality.

If you hand in any forms then I suggest recording the name of the staff member and the date.
    They lost mine about 4 times.
  • FB13
    FB13 Posts: 153 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Here is a link to the Bank of Scotland branded account
    http://www.bankofscotlandhalifax.co.uk/isas/isadirectreward.asp
  • choc_mouse
    choc_mouse Posts: 487 Forumite
    edited 22 September 2010 at 7:32PM
    Options
    Oh looky, a new home for my Nationwide e-ISA :) An extra 0.25% interest looks worth the hassle. Nationwide will feel the pain.
  • choc_mouse
    Options

Cheers

Agreed. It doesn't work. But I changed the option worded like "Have you subscribed to a cash ISA with us or another provider and funded it this tax year" from Yes to No and I got the following response:
    Thank you for completing your application for the Halifax ISA Direct Reward Account. Your application has now been submitted. We will contact you within the next 14 days to confirm that your application has been successful and to inform you of your next steps.

If you don't receive this information please call our helpdesk on 08456 02 00 00..

This page http://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/transferringyourisa.asp seems to suggest you can transfer in any ISA subscription and even the wording on the ISA Direct Reward says you can too.

Will update when I get any info from Halifax.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    I would agree with choc_mouse, and I can't see any problem with you saying 'No' to the 'Have you subscribed ... ?' question, as this question is irrelevant if you are not going to pay any new money in.

I don't think there is a rate guarantee on the account, but based on Halifax's past performance I doubt it'll change (other than track BOE base rate) over the next 12 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure