Reclaim lost Tesco points: Report your SUCCESSES

Options

Comments

• no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Malmac wrote: »
    Tesco has also changed its policy on allowing 'expired' vouchers that have not been used in store or on line to be reactivated as new. Previously, there was no official expiry date and a phone call was all that was needed to Customer Services reactivate them. This change was done without any official communication or notice although Tesco insisted it had sent out a notice. The excuse that is given is that after a period of time 'the vouchers drop off the system' - so beware if you have old unused vouchers - Tesco won't honour them and you lose out completely.

Yes, out of date vouchers do 'drop off' the 'system'. Tesco therefore have no record of the status - whether used, or previously rolled over. They, don't need to have access to old vouchers - they're out of date, they're not 'sick' they're 'dead'. There's a certain leaway e.g. you could get the August '08 vouchers converted back the points, but not May '08 - that option ended in late October.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • r12
    r12 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    £29 of unused vouchers here, have stocked up on cinema vouchers worth about £68 and a couple of restaurant vouchers worth £20. Yay! :)
  • SavinNewbie
    Options
    Many thanks for this I found we have £150 in unspent vouchers. That's the Xmas wine sorted:beer::T
  • colouredcob
    Options
    Tried to do this today to sort out before the 5th and it wont let me log in saying my clubcard number does not match the details I gave. So I call them as requested to sort it out and they are closed due to the weather GRRRRRRRR so I guess I will miss the deadline of the 5th. Any chance they will extend it by a week I will try when I finally get through whenever that may be.
  • vintage_beanpole
    Options
    RedBalloon wrote: »
    Yeah, I realised I can't use £20 of double up vouchers for a £19.97 kettle - so I'm going to opt for a more expensive one that takes me just over the £20 I think. Looks like the full £20 has to be used on 'electrical'.

I did the exact same thing with a kettle - Russell and Hobbs by any chance? Super annoying price! Mine was delivered yesterday...broken. Sigh.
  • vintage_beanpole
    Options
    Does anyone know when, if I order some rewards tokens today, i'll get them by? I know it says within 2 weeks, but wanted what people's experience has been?

Also, I'm trying to change them into a token for a plant which is £7.50 (in vouchers). I've got £5.50, and then another £2 in my boyfriend's name - it does say they will be delivered to my address on the final page, but I don't know if this is simply automatic. I would have thought that it would have to go to my address if there's only one token - but not sure if there is indeed only one token on these things. My boyfriend's card isn't registered to my address. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    x
  • Furch
    Furch Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    I was thinking of getting some Thorntons chocolate from the rewards section of the clubcard site.

For a 550g box of continental chocs it costs £15.99 on the Thorntons website and for the same box on the Rewards site it costs £7.50, surely this is only roughly 2x the value and not the advertised 4x?
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Furch wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting some Thorntons chocolate from the rewards section of the clubcard site.

For a 550g box of continental chocs it costs £15.99 on the Thorntons website and for the same box on the Rewards site it costs £7.50, surely this is only roughly 2x the value and not the advertised 4x?

Thorntons have never been 4 times the value just an amount that you have to use to get that item.

Don't forget though that includes delivery which is £3.95. I exchanged for the hampers last year and had each one sent to a different address in time for Christmas.
  • pinkfunkyflares
    Options
    I found £55 :) so I bought one merlin pass (as I am disabled I can't do any rides so I just watch, it's more for my son) two diggerland tokens and two karting tokens. So that's two presents that will keep my little man and other half busy and one for me to watch my son have fun. Thank you Martin for the tip
  • jaymac_2
    jaymac_2 Posts: 1,740 Forumite
    Options
    If you're disabled don't you get to have a helper get in free so one pass should get you and your son in.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback