Reclaim lost Tesco points: Report your SUCCESSES

Options
1123124125126127129»

Comments

• Cottage_Economy
    Options
    We've had a load of vouchers expire this year as we moved rurally and no longer live near a Tesco. Was going to let it go until I saw this thread so I emailed asking if it was possible for some of these to be credited back only to get everything that had expired this year!

£38!!!

Gobsmacked.

We're doing a day trip this weekend and have found a Tesco near where we will be so we can spend them.
  • Aligogs
    Options
    Hi All,
    I've just called Tesco to ask if they will reimburse my out of date Clubcard Vouchers (£7 valid until 31/08/2018). They told me they will only reissue if the vouchers have expired in the last 6 months.. Hope this helps as it still says 2 years on the main MSE page, unless I've got this wrong somehow. I called 0800 591 688 as advised.
    Cheers all
  • Memajules
    Options
    Do you access the new mini site via the main Tesco site or do you have a link?

I think they mean the Clubcard app when referring to ‘mini-site’
    Life is like a box of chocolates :think::think:
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Aligogs wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I've just called Tesco to ask if they will reimburse my out of date Clubcard Vouchers (£7 valid until 31/08/2018). They told me they will only reissue if the vouchers have expired in the last 6 months.. Hope this helps as it still says 2 years on the main MSE page, unless I've got this wrong somehow. I called 0800 591 688 as advised. Cheers all

Clubcard vouchers have a life of two-years plus, that is the valid up to date will be the end of the month two years after the issue date, e.g. the one due out now will have 28th Feb. 2020 on them.
    To help with records, the call centre systems will usually show the previous two mailings. Sometimes (I can remember) they don't show.
    Hence, most advisors, will roll-over the points, but strictly speaking they don't have to.
    So from date of issue it can be thirty months, but certainly not forty-eight months.
    HTHs
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Wagener
    Options
    Rang Tesco Clubcard vouchers, I explained that I had unused vouchers for 2017/2018 and 2019. I was told the unused vouchers were not on the system anymore and nothing could be done.
  • tommytuc
    Options
    I paid by Tesco vouchers to hotels .com, for a holiday in July in Wales. The hotel cancelled due to lockdown in Wales, Tesco won’t refund my points, hotels.com say it’s Tesco, Tesco say it’s, hotels.com duty to issue a new voucher, anyone had this issue and did you resolve it without losing the voucher/points, (it’s worth £315)
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Reality is, you have spent your vouchers, the problem is your order has not been fulfilled. With the lockdown being gradually being eased maybe, the 'refund' you should have had (credit) can be used for a new booking.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tommytuc said:
    I paid by Tesco vouchers to hotels .com, for a holiday in July in Wales. The hotel cancelled due to lockdown in Wales, Tesco won’t refund my points, hotels.com say it’s Tesco, Tesco say it’s, hotels.com duty to issue a new voucher, anyone had this issue and did you resolve it without losing the voucher/points, (it’s worth £315)
    I would agree with Tesco here.
    Hotels.com have not fulfilled their contract with you as you booked with them. They should be issuing you with a credit to use at a future date.

If they flatly refuse then write to Tesco saying that one of their reward partners is not fulfilling their contract.

You should not be out of pocket as you did not cancel.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback