Reclaim lost Tesco points: Report your SUCCESSES - Page 126

New Post Advanced Search

Reclaim lost Tesco points: Report your SUCCESSES

edited 5 December 2017 at 12:52PM in Shop but don't drop
1.3K replies 241.9K views

Replies

• 0beron990beron99 Forumite
    1 posts
    I remember reading on your MoneySavingExpert.com site that we could reclaim out of date Tesco vouchers. I haven't been able to reclaim any such vouchers.
  • Bo5767Bo5767 Forumite
    1 posts
    I rang up Tesco because I knew I had vouchers which had gone out of date. They said the details had been wiped before a certain time, so I wasn't entitled to anything.
    (I had the expired vouchers IN MY HAND)
    So I'm not sure what happened, but it certainly didn't work for me.:(
  • no1catmanno1catman Forumite
    3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bo5767 wrote: »
    I rang up Tesco because I knew I had vouchers which had gone out of date. They said the details had been wiped before a certain time, so I wasn't entitled to anything.
    (I had the expired vouchers IN MY HAND)
    So I'm not sure what happened, but it certainly didn't work for me.:(

Sorry to read that you didn't use them in time. However, your post has self-penned explanations.
    ... " I knew I had vouchers which had gone out of date"
    Vouchers, have a life of two years, it says valid until .... , therefore why should Tesco keep a record of older 'expired' ones?

Some people spend them quite quickly, others want to save them for something special - with on-line deals etc. (and therefore still have the spent vouchers) - so store them with oldest on the top.

On the other hand, some people change address, and then years later wonder why there haven't had any Tesco vouchers - they didn't tell Tesco.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • I recently came across a few Tesco vouchers which had slipped down the back of a drawer. They were out of date so I rang Clubcard who told me that I had lost the value of them!! 3 of them are 2014 and the other 2 are late 2013.
    I am quite upset as the value is £13 which I could put to good use for my niece who is starting secondary school soon.
    Poor customer service Tesco. Those vouchers were MINE and you shouldn't just scrap them like that!
    I still spent my money in your store so I should still be entitled.

Not happy! :sad::mad:
  • At our last count, the total amount claimed back is £32,869 - which's amazing!

How's the reclaiming going? We'd love to hear more of your success stories so keep 'em coming!

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    New forum user? Watch our New to the Forum? Youtube guide
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: [email protected]
    3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    MSE_Amelia wrote: »
    At our last count, the total amount claimed back is £32,869 - which's amazing!

How's the reclaiming going? We'd love to hear more of your success stories so keep 'em coming!

Probably it's less posting about 'success' because people 'on-line' have got used to seeing their vouchers in MCA. Though, some may be missed with other accounts that aren't linked together.

Or, when people move and Tesco CC aren't informed - vouchers go to old address. Then again, you may change for the CC used in-store, but the one linked to your email address for on-line use, is a different separate one - is not changed - vouchers go to old address!
  • jane52_2jane52_2 Forumite
    4 posts
    I emailed Tescos a few months ago, (when this story was first posted), and was told that I could only claim unused vouchers if I could post the vouchers that I had not used back to them.

In addition only vouchers from the present round could be refunded.

Finally that any refund Tesco made was a one off good will gesture as I had been ill/in hospital

Any advice?

Thanks Jane
    3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jane52 wrote: »
    I emailed Tescos a few months ago, (when this story was first posted), and was told that I could only claim unused vouchers if I could post the vouchers that I had not used back to them.
    In addition only vouchers from the present round could be refunded.

Finally that any refund Tesco made was a one off good will gesture as I had been ill/in hospital

Any advice?
    Thanks Jane

Where vouchers are out of date, who ever you contact by email or by 'phone has no access to those vouchers - they don't need to they are out of date.
    Moreover, just because you have physically got them, doesn't mean they haven't been used! May have been used on-line, Tesco Direct in-store, or have been previously rolled over.
    Hence the request that you post them, to enable them to do a bigger search, destroy them - to avoid any future confusion.

Advice, easy - post off the 'old' vouchers as soon as possible, together with a covering note, perhaps enclose a print of the email. And, keep your vouchers in a safe place - oldest ones on top, so they don't expire.
    As Tesco have said that this is a one-off.
  • I got £4 - but more than 2 yrs ago i know i lost £100s :(
  • AiraaAiraa Forumite
    1 posts
    £12.50 plus a load of coupons that I can't even remember receiving :D