Reclaim lost Tesco points: Report your SUCCESSES

Options

Comments

• no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    rachael34 wrote: »
    very grumpy tesco customer service employee told i had been 'miss informed' and to check their T&C's. he would only re-issue 3 months worth of vouchers. he said it would take him 'hours and hours' to check back 2 years worth of vouchers.

WHAT! Only takes a minute or two to scroll through, each qtrs. vchrs. But it can take several minutes to them back into points.
    Minutes, that could be spent on the rush of calls that CC have.

Are you not able to see these old vchrs in MCA and print them off yourself?
    It could be he's referring to out-of-date ones, in which case he's right.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • bagby
    bagby Posts: 828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just got £18 of vouchers refunded back to card which expired end April 2013. Then while the going was asked for a further £8 o be refunded on vouchers which expired feb 2013. V nice operator said she would do it on this occasion.

I was annoyed with myself for forgetting to spend them but Alls well now.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,985 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wrote a very nice letter to Tesco a couple of weeks ago about £15 of vouchers which had expired in April and May - I hadn't had a warning email from them. It was the email warning me about vouchers expiring in August which prompted me to find them.

Sadly (annoyingly) they wrote back and said they would not re-credit my account as their T&Cs don't allow it.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• sushiguru
    Options
    I picked this up through the MSE email, and thought I'd pop on and have a look.

We used to be regular Tesco customers (them being the only supermarket in town) but now use Lidl - and save a fortune every week. However, this has made my whole week (pun intended) when I logged in to Tesco to check and found I had £115 of vouchers to spend. Most definitely past tense - new Blu-Ray player winging its way to the family next...

Thank you MSE team!
  • D_Baker
    Options
    Thanks to you, reclaimed £69.50 I didn't know I had!
  • NellieJ
    Options
    Having just had a very long and laborious conversation with Tesco regarding their stance on expired clubcard vouchers the answer is, that unless it's within 14 days of the expiry date they will no longer reinstate or reissue the clubcard voucher.

Apparently this is their standard T&C's although they haven't issued the said standard T&C's or notified the changes to their customers.

Corporate greed and devil may care spring to mind!

I guess the stock answer is, shop elsewhere!
  • no1catman
    Options
    NellieJ wrote: »
    Having just had a very long and laborious conversation with Tesco regarding their stance on expired clubcard vouchers the answer is, that unless it's within 14 days of the expiry date they will no longer reinstate or reissue the clubcard voucher.
    Apparently this is their standard T&C's although they haven't issued the said standard T&C's or notified the changes to their customers.
    Corporate greed and devil may care spring to mind!
    I guess the stock answer is, shop elsewhere!

The 'standard T & Cs haven't changed as far as expired vouchers are concerned, it never was part of them to redo the points on recently expired vouchers. Though any changes to T & Cs can be seen on the website.
    What has changed, is the ability to 'see' old vouchers, now only vouchers in date can be seen - and come the middle of September the (valid until) Aug '13 will disappear! Still even previously, people complained about 'no rollovers' for vouchers a year out-of-date.
    But then when you think about it - why have info on 'dead' vouchers - they have been live for two years!

No, the answer is keep an eye on the expiry date, i.e. if your saving vouchers - have the oldest ones on top.
  • bundance
    bundance Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just got this weeks newsletter and was reading about unclaimed tesco clubcard vouchers. To my surprise, I have £10 worth of unclaimed vouchers. I don't have a printer, or access to one, and I don't shop online at tesco, so, how should I reclaim these vouchers please? Many thanks.
  • neenaww
    neenaww Posts: 475 Forumite
    Options
    So am I correct in thinking that expired Clubcard vouchers cannot now be resent? I am sure I have had some resent before. I have had a busy year or so and I have now just found almost £70 worth of expired vouchers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please advise! Thank you
    [STRIKE]
    getting married to my best friend very soon!
    [/STRIKE]
    I am a married woman :j
  • no1catman
    Options
    neenaww wrote: »
    So am I correct in thinking that expired Clubcard vouchers cannot now be resent? I am sure I have had some resent before. I have had a busy year or so and I have now just found almost £70 worth of expired vouchers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please advise! Thank you

Sorry, but yes, CC do not have access to out-of-date vouchers. In the past there had access to some, and for the 'valid until August '13' were able to do something with those during September, but no longer.
    I appreciate, it may have been a 'busy year' but if you had mislaid any, then they could have been reprinted via MCA - as others here.
    Vouchers do need to be used by the expiry date.
    Sorry, if that sounds harsh, or not what you wanted to hear.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure