sterling equity hedge fund

Options

Comments

• sabretoothtigger
    sabretoothtigger Posts: 10,035 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    mature and happy, sounds good. Well you've sold me jim where do I sign up :beer:

there are several of these posters all with implausibly sensible names

all the best advice comes from tiggers and such like :p
  • bendix
    bendix Posts: 5,499 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks for the various contributions.

I am of course bemused by the last one, stunned in fact.
    I have mailed it to Daniel Walker the Sales/portfolio agent and Roger Muncey the existing client to ask for an explanation.

It was Daniel who put Roger forward as an existing long standing client to be contacted.

Best Regards

Norman

Give it up. You've been busted.

It's a shame the mods are so busy closing down threads about investing in metals, and can't be bothered to look at his obvious scam thread.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bendix wrote: »
    Give it up. You've been busted.

It's a shame the mods are so busy closing down threads about investing in metals, and can't be bothered to look at his obvious scam thread.

Actually, I am pleased the mods are leaving it up as it is so obviously a scam and jimjames work is fantastic and that alone deserves to remain public.

normansands, either you are very very naive or you are involved in this fraud.

THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,676 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Many thanks for the various contributions.

I am of course bemused by the last one, stunned in fact.
    I have mailed it to Daniel Walker the Sales/portfolio agent and Roger Muncey the existing client to ask for an explanation.

It was Daniel who put Roger forward as an existing long standing client to be contacted.

Best Regards

Norman
    Let me guess their reply. Their entire board of directors are models as their second job and posed for the photos that Getty images supply.

If I were you I would close down your email account immediately. If you really believe that a supposed "happy customer" contact supplied by a scam company like Sterling Equity is genuine and not an email account they run then you are likely to lose all your money to the African dictators who will be writing to you offering to share their fortunes if you send them £10,000 handling fee.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • jimjames
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Actually, I am pleased the mods are leaving it up as it is so obviously a scam and jimjames work is fantastic and that alone deserves to remain public.

normansands, either you are very very naive or you are involved in this fraud.

THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY
    Thanks for the feedback! I agree it is excellent that it is being left up. I bet Sterling Equity are spitting nails at it as Google will be indexing it so anyone searching for Sterling Equity Investment Hedge fund scam will find this thread and see the truth about the company.
  • normansands
    normansands Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Dear All,

my understanding of the "net" and your repartee is limited, however this is the agent's reply...........

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/NORMAN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]|

Dear Mr Sands,
    Thank you for your email.

I'll be more than happy to explain to you the reason why Sterling Equity replaced the original photos of our directors and management. http://www.sterlingequity.se/security.html

Looking forward to speaking to you very soon.

Yours sincerely

Daniel Walker

Senior Portfolio Manager
    [EMAIL="danwalker@sterlingpmd.com"]danwalker@sterlingpmd.com[/EMAIL]

Sterling Equity
    The contents of this e-mail are confidential and it is intended for the recipient at the e-mail address to which it has been addressed. This e-mail may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee nor may it be copied or forwarded to third parties without the express permission of Sterling Equity. Sterling Equity disclaims all liability for any statements made by the sender which do not directly concern the business of Sterling Equity.
    I have done no more yet - any advice?
    Regards
    Norman

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/NORMAN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/NORMAN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]New window
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/NORMAN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]Print all
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/NORMAN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]Expand all
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/NORMAN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]Collapse all
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/NORMAN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]Forward all

Let people know what you're up to, or share links to photos, videos and web pages.
  • caveat_emptor_2
    Options
    How is Sterling Equity owned?

Does the Delaware Co have any filing requirements?

Not being regulated by the FSA is hardly surprising as they are not based here.

Perhaps the Co would like to allay fears about its bona fides.

What reguilations apply to Spain or wherever else it operates from?

CE
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 March 2011 at 10:31PM
    Options
    my understanding of the "net" and your repartee is limited, however this is the agent's reply...........
    Dear Mr Sands,
    Thank you for your email.

I'll be more than happy to explain to you the reason why Sterling Equity replaced the original photos of our directors and management. http://www.sterlingequity.se/security.html

:rotfl:
    Will the scammers never admit they are busted? If you follow that link you will see it says:
    Towards the end of 2008 Sterling Equity and many other Hedge Funds were blamed for the collapse and for profiteering from the credit crises. Sterling Equity’s security consultants along with appointed authorities advised that our Board of Directors and Management identities be removed from our website as part of a security directive. Although the profiles remain and are factually accurate the photographs have been replaced with open source corporate images to protect staff from extremist looking to implement harmful actions. All Sterling Equity clients have been informed of this action as part of the Sterling Equity disclosure policy.
    The trouble is that paragraph was only hastily inserted when they were busted on this thread. You can tell that by looking at the cached copy in Google which still has the old version without it.

Give it up Norman.

P.S. Maybe they should employ people who can write English if they are pretending to be smart. The sentence "protect staff from extremist looking to implement harmful actions" is a rather clumsy giveaway.
  • jimjames
    edited 3 March 2011 at 8:26PM
    Options
    That's brilliant. I'd not even thought of that being a possible reason. Do the directors of RBS and HBOS hide their faces for security reasons?

I'm sure Getty Images will be very amused to hear that their images are open source (ie free/unpaid). I'll drop them a line to let them know that Sterling Equity are using them and they can then take the appropriate action to recover costs from Sterling Equity.

Norman - yet again you ask for advice despite everything that has been said in this thread. The only possible reason that you are not listening to anyone is that you are part of Sterling Equity.
  • normansands
    normansands Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Dear All,

I really appreciate the trouble everyone is going to on my behalf. I am very much "small beer" with only £5,000 to invest.

What I cannot understand is how so many "experts" are not aware of the existence of a company that is supposed to be one of many that are managing billions/trillions of corporate funds off-shore, just because it is registered elsewhere in the global economy.

I looked at your regulated funds and found the top ones earning as much as 55% in one year, much more than Stirling is offering. The only downside it seemed to me was that of the top five performers for one year, not a single one of them was in the top five for one month or even six months. As a simple soul I look for some consistency.

The other downside is despite your condemnation you cannot come up with a single case of actual non-performance to cite.

There must be an answer to this riddle.

Regards

Norman
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills