We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

sterling equity hedge fund

Options

Comments

• normansands
    Options
    thank you Reaper,
    I have emailed this to the agent and Roger for comment but again it is quite a shock to read
    Regards
    Norman
    PS thanks for the perserverance
  • inflationiscoming
    Options
    normansands is an idiot
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    thank you Reaper,
    I have emailed this to the agent and Roger for comment but again it is quite a shock to read
    Regards
    Norman
    PS thanks for the perserverance
    Doubtless you will soon be posting a reply from Stirling Equity with some excuse (hidden address for "security reasons", that's a holding address pending the opening of a new office, it's an error on the web page, or something equally unlikely), and doubtless you will challenge us to disprove it, but I grow weary of the game. Admit it's a scam or go ahead and invest, either way surely it's time for this thread to come to an end.
  • normansands
    normansands Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    I would like to see some tolerance on here for novices just learning.
    I particularly would be interested in seeing something good come from the thread, many have remarked that having it, I suppose topical, does get it highlighted in Google.

I have many times identified my shortcomings but can report that I put the hq address into Google Earth and came up with only two possibilities for this address - cottonwood communications and servolutions inc - no mention of Stirling.

Surely US, Spain and others have some protection in place, trading standards or what-have-you where scams can be listed as such without any delay, is there not a wbsite devoted to such listings?

I must do a search on here for SCAMS

Thanks again
    Norman
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would like to see some tolerance on here for novices just learning.

I dont see why anyone should be tolerant to fraudsters.
    Surely US, Spain and others have some protection in place

Yes and this company does not comply with any of them. The overriding protection that is in place in the UK is the FSA. Overseas firms require FSA authorisation or passporting permissions to transact in the UK. This firm does not hold those.

You say you are a novice. Yet you seem desperate to invest with this scam company using investments, that even if they were using legitimate companies, are not aimed at the novice. No novice would even consider looking at these things. They would stick with more conventional investments.

So, please tell us, what attracts you to a company that is a scam and what has put you off from using an FSA regulated company offering conventional investments designed for the typical UK consumer? Until you answer that, people are just going to assume that you are part of the scam as no person in their right mind would be considering using this.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • JayBrun
    JayBrun Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    I particularly would be interested in seeing something good come from the thread....

It already has - you've convinced everyone, including those that had never heard of 'Streling' that they are a scam - and since you seem unaware of it, yes, you and they figure prominently on google - long may it remain so.
  • JayBrun
    JayBrun Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    You persist in this exercise which was challenged within hours of your first post and consistently thereafter.
    Apart from the occasional individual posting on the same day they registered with MSE, and perhaps not surprisingly have never been heard of since, no-one has had a good word to say about this outfit.

You alone seem to want to keep alive the increasingly remote possibility that they might just in some conceivable way be genuine.
    They have been sufficiently discredited that only some very naive individual would 'invest' with them.

Which leaves yourself.
    You say you are 74 years old, naive and in your dotage but are obviously very articulate and intelligent.
    This inevitably comes across as either an ill considered one man crusade by someone who should know better or a failed attempt to encourage theft by means of a scam.

Your belated desire is now to get to the truth of this even if this outfit is what everyone else believes them to be - a scam.
    I can't imagine anyone believes that you will be convinced by any evidence which is given to you - you've already been given it in quantity.

If you are what you claim, why not simply invest with them because you obviously are incredibly keen to do so notwithstanding the undeniable risk of the suggested high returns they offer.
    If you are supporting a scam, why keep this thread at the top of google where everyone reading it would at least have second thoughts or more likely avoid these people like the plague.

As I suggested previously:
    You persist in this increasingly bizarre exercise which I can now only view an attempt to wind people up.

This thread comes high up on Google.

I hope we all avoid this becoming a slanging match otherwise this thread could be deleted - and we don't want that do we.
  • normansands
    normansands Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    I have actually no idea why I cannot be accepted here for what I am?????

Some say I am intelligent and have done some good by highlighting this "company".

Some wish to deny me the right to post and are so silly they can only insult - pathetic really.

I am clearly not in the "club" or "cult" or whatever it is.

But thanks anywhere I have certainly been helped despite the silly rubbish.

Thank you

Norman
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dear Norman,

I would be very pleased to promise you a return of 60 per cent p.a. In fact, I will tell you whatever you want to believe. Just send the money to me in Africa. And you are guaranteed to get as much from me as you would from Sterling (or Stirling). And I will even thank you, and send you pictures of how I spent your money.
  • inflationiscoming
    Options
    can we talk about silver on this thread?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport