Mrs Sparkle's sparkly debt diary

in Debt Free Diaries
443 replies 19.9K views

Replies

• Yeah, I don't think that many people read mine but I don't take it personally- it's very therapeutic for me and keeps me focused even if everyone else finds it boring and self indulgent! Your diary is one of the ones I look out for too. We can be each other's kick up the bum...
    Debt at highest May 2006: £27,472.24
    currently: £13,353.25
    DFW Nerd 178
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Mrs S - did you find out the sex of the baby - dying to know!

I hope the scan went well!

scottishspendaholic x
    MBNA = £4,000 / Next = £925 (approx. tbc on 19/8)
    Tesco = £2,910.11 / Smile overdraft = £500
    Bank of Scotland = £2,782.83
  • adypemadypem Forumite
    256 Posts
    ✭✭
    Mrs Sparkle,
    Keep up the good work....
    I've just had a quick read of the diary, and one thing I noticed that you might want to do is start a little basket for the new arrival.
    When you go shopping pick up 1 item of shampoo/wash/cream etc.. and put it away for the baby. That way you won't notice it so much. We did that with our second, but it was a little easier as we would buy the BOGOF offers and squirrel away the free one.
  • adypem wrote:
    Mrs Sparkle,
    Keep up the good work....
    I've just had a quick read of the diary, and one thing I noticed that you might want to do is start a little basket for the new arrival.
    When you go shopping pick up 1 item of shampoo/wash/cream etc.. and put it away for the baby. That way you won't notice it so much. We did that with our second, but it was a little easier as we would buy the BOGOF offers and squirrel away the free one.

Thanks for this! I have a bundle of Boots money off vouchers for baby stuff and have to use them by end of October but I don't get paid until 29 September, so only another week and I can start buying baby stuff. That's a great tip to buy a little every month- I will try to stick with this.
    DFW Nerd 178
  • Mrs S - did you find out the sex of the baby - dying to know!

I hope the scan went well!

scottishspendaholic x

Hi hun, sorry to disappoint you but it's next Tuesday! I will of course let you know though. I think I'm going to find out what the sex is now as it should assist me in getting the right baby stuff in the January sales :D

Hope you're well x
    DFW Nerd 178
  • Oooh, now you didn't say on your other thread you were pregnant, congrats!!! :T February is a good month to be born, if I do say so myself! ;)

I'm sure you can still keep up the dfw ways though... there is so much advice about parenting in a moneysaving/dfw/old style way around - you'll still be reading when the baby's due!! I've been reading all this advice for some reason lately.... getting broody :o :eek: but no babies for me for a long while yet... I'll have to be content with cheering on other people! :j There must be something in the water round here cos there seem to be loads of pregnant posters at the mo or perhaps I'm just noticing them now :o

Have you seen the MSE Pregnancy Club over on the MoneySaving in Marriages, Relationships & Families board, there are lots of members there and tips on where to get things cheap etc.

Sorry.... I'll stop waffling now :o

Best of luck with everything :T
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • Hey... you found my diary! Yep, I'm 20 weeks pregnant so halfway there. Funnily enough I'm also a February baby- the 13th, when's your birthday Kath?

I have found the marriages, relationships + families board and it makes interesting reading. I've collected a few baby freebies in the last couple of months and have got loads of money-off vouchers. Childcare is going to be my biggest expense so I'm cutting down my spending drastically from now so that I get into the habit of living on less.

Thanks for reading and you watch those broody hormones, they can get the better of you :o
    DFW Nerd 178
  • Hey... you found my diary! Yep, I'm 20 weeks pregnant so halfway there. Funnily enough I'm also a February baby- the 13th, when's your birthday Kath?

Thanks for reading and you watch those broody hormones, they can get the better of you :o

It's the 3rd of feb :D I was due in January actually but obviously thought I'd hang on as long as possible ;) :rotfl:

As for the hormones - don't I know it!!! Its getting worrying now... and I'm only 22 :eek: :o And I've just I can't believe I'm saying this applied for a job in Baby Gap, pmsl :rotfl:

Anyway.... sorry for hijacking :o
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • Awww you're just a baby! Well done for being more clued up than I was in my credit card balance building 20s :D

This one's due on 8th Feb so we'll see when it turns up. A job in baby gap would be fab- all those cute clothes to drool over! Bad for your hormones though honey ;)
    DFW Nerd 178
  • southernscousersouthernscouser Forumite
    33.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought I would come and hijack on here! ;)

Just wanted to say keep up the good work Mrs S. It will all be worth it! :D

Have you worked out a debt free date yet? :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides