Mrs Sparkle's sparkly debt diary

in Debt Free Diaries
443 replies 19.9K views

Replies

• It's been a mixed day really. I had 2 huge packages delivered from eBay- both bundles of maternity clothes which I had great fun trying on when I got home! My haul includes: a Next suit, 1 skirt, 3 pairs of trousers, 1 pair of city shorts, 1 skirt, 1 jumper and 7 tops... all clean and really good quality, mainly Next and JoJo Maman Bebe... all for the grand total of £42.50 :T So I'm chuffed to bits with that and looking forward to looking a bit more stylish for the next 4 and a half months. Oh, and I used my PayPal earnings so I didn't spend any actual money *smiles smugly*

I also received my Mint statement and my interest-free period has ended- damn! So tonight's mission is to find a good 0% deal on one of the companies doing Quidco cashback and transfer the balance over. The Mint card was cut up as soon as it arrived (see, I'm learning) and this one will be too.

I had to order a digital camera for work today on my personal credit card and claiming it back on expenses, so I thought I'd do it with a Quidco company and found a 10% cashback for Dream Direct. It tracked immediately but then was declined an hour later. So I cancelled the camera order and will use a different Quidco deal :D

Only 8 days till pay day and then I can shave a few more hundred off my grand total- can't wait.
    Debt at highest May 2006: £27,472.24
    currently: £13,353.25
    DFW Nerd 178
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Wow, that's a great haul from ebay, very stylish! :T

Unfortunately I was rejected for the baby gap job :( so no discounts for anyone I'm afraid!! ;)

I wonder why your quidco cashback was declined - and so soon too?! Good on you for using quidco though, great way to make money when your employers are paying :T
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • Oh hun, sorry about the job- I had my fingers crossed for you.

Don't know why the cashback would have been declined but it's their loss- I'll find someone who WILL give me cashback. The only issue with my company is that you have to pay for everything upfront so some of my debt actually belongs to my company but expenses can only submitted once a month and are paid the following month- blummin' pain sometimes if you've had to buy something just after the cut-off point :mad: Anyway, I'll get all the cashback I can to make myself feel better about it.
    DFW Nerd 178
  • I've got a morning at home waiting for the dishwasher repair man to come (still under warranty thank goodness so £0 cost) so I've just applied for a Marbles card at 0% for 9 months and was accepted- woohoo! Depending on what credit limit they give me I'll BT the Mint & FD balances so I'll have as much on 0% as possible again. If it tracks ok I should get £20 cashback via Quidco too. Every little helps :D
    DFW Nerd 178
  • lynsayjanelynsayjane Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    glad to see your having a good day mrs s. and all those new clothes to play with :j

it's been ages since i had a new haul of clothes. once i'm out of debt i'm going to spend the few hundreds of extra money that month on new clothes/shoes then start saving. i have a good excuse though, like yourself my body has changed hugely in the past few months, i've lost nearly three stone and so very little of my clothes don't hang off me making me look like a sack of tatties!
  • 3 stone! Wow, that's an excellent excuse for going shopping if ever I heard one. I recommend clothes bundles from eBay- I've bought 3 maternity ones and they have given me a complete maternity wardrobe. New clothes in shops just seem so expensive to me now that I'm throwing money at my debt- I can't believe how much I used to spend on clothes and shoes.

Hope you're having a good day too!
    DFW Nerd 178
  • MascaraMinxMascaraMinx Forumite
    380 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Wow Brilliant - I never thought of buying clothes bundles from ebay. I do sometimes buy makeup bundles - you get people putting hundreds of pounds of stuff up for about a tenner - then you can just chuck away any rubbish and keep the good stuff :)

KTW x
  • lynsayjanelynsayjane Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 stone! Wow, that's an excellent excuse for going shopping if ever I heard one.
    Hope you're having a good day too!

i know, i'm so proud of myself, but still got just under a stone to lose till i reach my 'ideal' weight, so a wee bit more of :j and i'll be there! it's my bday in two weeks so my diet belt is getting tightened and i'm going wheat free till then too, every little helps!

today is looking to be a good day. working 2-10 again, but it means cute gym guy will probably be in again, last two days he was in. despite knowing his name i still find myself calling him that! :rotfl:
  • That's a good idea to buy bundles of make-up. I usually sell the freebie stuff you get when you buy 2 items of Clinique or similar and you end up making a good couple of pounds on each item. Next time I need make-up I'm going to search eBay... x
    DFW Nerd 178
  • Wow Brilliant - I never thought of buying clothes bundles from ebay. I do sometimes buy makeup bundles - you get people putting hundreds of pounds of stuff up for about a tenner - then you can just chuck away any rubbish and keep the good stuff :)

KTW x

OK, I've been discovered! Nice to know you on this site as well as t'other... who'd have thought you were a fellow DFWer. Good user name BTW, it suits you x
    DFW Nerd 178
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

£10-£50 London theatre tickets

For over 45 shows in January and February

MSE Deal

Join the 1p Savings Challenge 2022!

It should help you save £667.95

MSE Forum