Mrs Sparkle's sparkly debt diary

in Debt Free Diaries
443 replies 19.9K views

Replies

• Nearly pay day thank goodness- another chunk of money to throw at my debt. Highlights of this week include:

1. I found out this morning that my baby is a little boy! Very excited about buying cute blue things now... thank goodness for sales, eBay and Primark.

2. Pay day in 3 days' time!!! Friday morning I'll do my online banking then my signature will hopefully show a good dent in this debt :-)

3. It looks like Quidco are going to pay me this month! Yippee... I've only been doing it for 4 weeks. I've got £30 coming my way which is £25 after the £5 admin fee but hey, it's money I wouldn't have normally had so I'm happy

4. I'm going on holiday for a week this Saturday. I know it sounds extravagant but we're both shattered and really need a break.

Rather than our usual more glamorous and upmarket destinations, this time we have rented a little cottage in Brittany and chose one from the cheapest band in the brochure (so I'm sure will be flowery curtains and 70s kitchen decor) and the cost included ferry crossings too. We're planning to buy fresh food from the market rather than eating out every day so that should keep costs down.

That's it for this week... can't wait to update my signature and get below £24K!
    Debt at highest May 2006: £27,472.24
    currently: £13,353.25
    DFW Nerd 178
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • lynsayjanelynsayjane Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    oooooh a little baby boy! how sweet. now put him back, boys are nothing but trouble :rotfl: only teasing darling. hope everything else is going fine, size an stuff (can you tell i've never had kids?)

if you need a friend to go shopping with i'm your gal. i'm terrible when it comes to baby stuff i go all gooey and start announcing i want one!

if i don't catch you before you go (i'm on lates all week again!) have a super duper holiday, and don't stress about the money, it's gonna be the last holiday you get for the next 18 years so enjoy! muhahahaha ;)
  • Wow, a baby boy, aaaah! I'm all gooey too now ;):)

Good news about quidco - good to be getting something so soon after starting it!

Your holiday sounds lovely... you've obviously thought about keeping the costs down and its a nice thing to do before you have the little one around!

Kath x
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • Thanks ladies! Yep, all is fine with size and stuff Lyns- it's all new to me too but the hospital seemed happy and that's good enough for me. You are definitely coming shopping with me- I want to see you get all broody!

If I don't speak to you both before the end of the week have a good week next week and I'll catch up with you when I get back from my DFW hols...

C x
    DFW Nerd 178
  • moozie_2moozie_2 Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lovely update Mrs Sparkle! :T

Sounds like eveything is going according to plan. I hope the baby boy is cooking nicely and comes out when he's well done ;) Have fun on your hols, hope it's restful!
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • southernscousersouthernscouser Forumite
    33.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you call him SS? :D :j
  • Why don't you call him SS? :D :j

Now how would I explain that to my husband? :confused::D
    DFW Nerd 178
  • Still counting down the days till payday... I have sent off my signed Marbles card agreement now which will give me another 9 months at 0%.

I appear to have ended the month with an overdraft of £137.00 so I'm quite disappointed with that- I know I could have squeezed the grocery bill a bit harder for example. But considering I used to use the majority of my £2500 overdraft facility I suppose it's a huge improvement really!
    DFW Nerd 178
  • lynsayjanelynsayjane Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    £137 thats next to nothing, your quidco balance wipes that out. just try paying it off at £10 a month or what you can afford and it'll be gone before you know it.

don't beat yourself up for things you could have done, just work that little bit harder next month.
  • LJD1_2LJD1_2 Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Lovely to hear your news about having a little boy. My youngest is a boy so I just thought i'd warn you....he's been sent home 7 times in a year having 'accidents'. Nothing serious but the lastest was getting a ball stuck on his finger and could I take him to A&E. Ten minutes later I had him back in school after attacking him, oops, sorry, after attacking the ball with a pair of bonsai sissors. So, the moral of this story..... make sure you buy a pair of bonsai sissors! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy xxxxx
    January budget
    Nothing left!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid pass scam robbed grandfather of £25k

He got his money back after MSE intervened

MSE News

20,000 FREE Ideal Home Show tickets

For London, Fri 11 Mar to Sun 27 Mar

MSE Deals