Cancer is a bastárd

Options

Comments

• Little_Miss_Winner
    Options
    Heartfelt condolences to you. xxxxx
  • Gingham_Ribbon
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you will find strength to face the times ahead.

My thoughts are with you.
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
  • nuttyrockeress
    Options
    Phatmouse wrote:
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

A few months ago a friend of mine died of cancer, his family asked that we did not buy flowers but donated money which they passed on to a cancel charity, I thought this was the nicest idea ever. Flowers are nice but he was never a fan and it felt like we had all done something to help someone.

take care x

We did the same when dad died.

He was the local football manager so fairly know in the area - we had around 300 people at the funeral and asked for donations to the John Eastwood Hospice where he passed away - we took around £850 plus the lads held a charity match in his memory which raised £380 which again went to the hospice. These places are a god send, especially with dad dying on Boxing day, we spend our Christmas there - the staff are amazing and are worth their weight in "platinum"
    It's nice to be nutty but's more important to be nice
  • Jummy
    Jummy Posts: 692 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear your sad news.
    My dad is currently battling terminal lung cancer and I know it wont be long before i am in your position.
    Look after yourself!
  • walks
    walks Posts: 411 Forumite
    Options
    I am helping to look after my sister who as only weeks left she was told at xmas that it was termanal, She as been very brave through out but now as very sad eyes, she is only 46yrs, Mum and sister refuse to go into hospital and she is 70 so its taking a toll out on her,I cant help but worry about her too, her partner is 82 and is always complaining that he as this and that wrong with him, so that he can get soe attention, I am worried that when anything happens to my sister he will take to is bed, i can see it comming.My sister also thinks this, she could do without the worry, I realy dont no how its going to all end.

pip

sorry for having a moan but i hate cancer it wrecks lives people and others around it. non of this sounds wright but i am just trying to get rid of some of my anger!!!!!!
    Every cloud has a silver lining:j
  • danmar_2
    Options
    I too lost my mum to cancer aged 62 a year ago next weekend it is so hard and i think of her every day as she was my mum dad and best friend all rolled into one.It broke my heart to watch the suffering she went through everyday.
  • Thefunkygibbons
    Options
    I hope one day that we will beat this disease, sorry that it was too late for your mum

Hope you are finding your smile again
  • Petal_3
    Petal_3 Posts: 779 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs and condolences :( I lost my Mum shortly before I gave birth to my first child 4 years ago. She was 73 and I miss her every day.

Best wishes to you and your family.

~x~
    Owned by [STRIKE]4[/STRIKE] 4 cats: 2 x Maine coon cross males, 1 x Pixie Bob male and[STRIKE] 2[/STRIKE] 1 x Norwegian Forest male....cute!

R.I.P Darling Jackson 11/7/09 - 15/1/10 :(
    Miss u sweetie... :heart:
  • Diane17884
    Options
    I am really sorry for your loss, it must be terrible and i can only imagine what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you

Take care
    xxxxxxxx
  • Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hugs to you at this time. Remember your Mum with the love and tenderness she felt for you and please take strength from knowing she will always be there with you. x x x x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure