Cancer is a bastárd

Options

Comments

• elaine373
    elaine373 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Like every-one else, i am so sorry for your loss.Take one day at a time.You will be in shock for some time. save this thread to read when you are ready and take comfort from us all.I went to a gathering today to let off balloons for my neighbours daughter who would have been 11 today.A beautiful little girl who passed away 18 months ago with a brain tumour, They are amazing and carry her love with them. Take our thoughts with you as you go through this awful time. Your mums love and the cherished memories will get you through, although you wont feel like that now.when my beloved mum passed away 2 years ago, i couldnt see a way forward . People saying time helps annoyed me.Talking helps and remember to come here whenever you feel the need. Take care....
    “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. Your really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” Lucille Ball.
  • pepperjulie
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. I feel for you as I lost my father-in-law to the dreaded "c". My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Sallys_Savings
    Options
    My sincere heart felt thoughts go out to you.........

I like many others have lost loved ones to this dreadful cancer invasion.

I lost my mother, mother-in-law and friend all to cancer.

*hugs*
  • jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    Options
    joannasmum wrote:
    You have my heartfelt sympathy. This horrible disease robbed me of my mum 11 years ago and I miss her everyday. I'm also extremely angry that my dd never got to meet her nanna but I've been telling about her everyday since she was born.

take care of yourself
    ditto i found out i was pregnant 2 hours after being told my mum had 6 months to live so although my mum knew i was pregnant she never got to meet her granddaughter.. i was 6 i/2 months pregnant on the day we buried my mum so emotions were high..

black pudding heartfelt sympathys to you and your family, this is one thing i can say that i know about when i say i know how your feeling, thoughts are with you.. xx

Rose
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • *sandymogs*
    Options
    Aw Black Pudding, so sorry to hear of your loss. (((hugs)))

I know how it feels to lose your Mum, my Mum died 5 years ago aged 67.

My Mother in law is battling cancer too. She was diagnosed with breast cancer 5 years ago, which has now spread to her lymph and her bones.

Take care
    Sandy xxx
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Sending you my love and hugs at this very sad time xxx As many of you will know, I have a friend newly diagnosed with this awful disease.

Seek solace in remembering the good times that you spent with her and comfort from your friends and family.

love LMLOD xxxx
    Its nice to be important but more important to be nice!
  • black_pudding_2
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words and support.
    People have been so kind to us as a family over the past few days.

Thank you once again
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

20p savers club = £8.00
    £2.00 savers club = £0.00 (£100 banked)

AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0024 come and join us make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the Ebay and other auctions, Car Boot and Jumble Sales Board
  • SMARTY29A_2
    Options
    so sorry to hear of your loss.

i too, lost my mum a year ago, ,after being diagnosed with leukemia at 2pm on the sunday and then at 5.30 that same evening she took a brain haemorrhage and died. she was only 65, just retired that week and we buried mum on the day that should have been her retired "do" so it has been a very tough year but some days do get easier to cope with.
  • Phatmouse
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

A few months ago a friend of mine died of cancer, his family asked that we did not buy flowers but donated money which they passed on to a cancel charity, I thought this was the nicest idea ever. Flowers are nice but he was never a fan and it felt like we had all done something to help someone.

take care x
  • hilstep2000
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers to you. I lost both my maternal grandparents to lung cancer, one lasted three months after being told , the other six months. I've also lost a few friends this way. Cancer is a terrible disease, we should all help Cancer Research in their work.
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure