Cancer is a bastárd

Options

Comments

• MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dear BlackPudding

I am so sorry to read of your loss and wish you the best at this difficult time.

While its no consolation, I thought a touch of solace to note to you that your nomination of Cancer Relief as the site charity is vastly winning the vote and is almost certain to be included.

with sympathy

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    So very sorry BlackPudding, my heart goes out to you. It seems all the more appropriate that yesterday I sponsored two friends of mine who are taking part in a dragonboat race tomorrow, to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Relief.

Take care,
    Saz
    4 May 2010 <3
  • kindanice
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss, Blackpudding. Take care of yourself xxxx.
  • inkie
    inkie Posts: 2,609 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Black Pudding

Just to let you know that we will pray for you and your family during these difficult days.

Inkie
  • herbiesjp
    herbiesjp Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Options
    I lost my wonderful grandmother to cancer only this May. I get great comfort from knowing we (as a family) did all we could to make her comfortable up until the last.

My heart goes out to you and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • pickle
    pickle Posts: 611 Forumite
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your mum.
  • emma_b_4
    emma_b_4 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    (((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

im so sorry to hear of your sad loss xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i would just like to add that cancer research is a fab charity, as is kirkwood hospice, my best friends mum passed away there on saturday. she was 48.
  • debecca
    Options
    This kind of news is so sad, I'm so sorry :cry:

I lost my mum 6 years ago to cancer. She was only 43. I assure you, though, it does get much easier as time passes. Although it's still sad (and things still 'catch you unawares') it's much easier to cope and to remember the good times.

Best wishes for the future xx
    Due 26th April 2008 :j
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your mum, my dad was only 55 when he died of cancer and we only knew he had it for 3 weeks, it's 16 years since he died and I still miss him.

I hope you are taking care of yourself.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • nuttyrockeress
    Options
    Such a horrible horrible illness.

My thoughs are will all those who are currently suffering and their families at this moment in time.

Black Pudding. It hurts damn hard to lose someone you love so very much. You may not "get over it" but you learn to live with the loss.

I lost my poor dad to cancer on Boxing day 05 so I can understand how much you hate the illness. He was 54 and it would of been his 55th birthday 1 week today.

I have found a fantastic website that helps with the "grieving" process, please please pm me if you would like the address (not sure if forum rules would permit me to post it here?)

Take it easy on yourself
    nutty x
    It's nice to be nutty but's more important to be nice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills