Cancer is a bastárd

Options

Comments

• mehefin
    Options
    Been there (twice) and one near miss with the OHs breast cancer so you have every right to vent your spleen in language.
    Try to remember the good times and banish the black feelings to a little locked room who's key you have lost.
    HUGs
  • funky-footprints
    Options
    huge hugs to you at your loss at this sad time.

at 32 Ive lost a grandad, Uncle and best friend (27) to the disease.
    My dear Best friends sister while grieving for her big sister in a space of 6 months also lost her Gran and mother in law.
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    ((Heartfelt Condolences))

Lost my mother to cancer so I can relate.
    My dh lost his (younger) brother and father within 7wks of one another through cancer.
    Currently a dear friend of mine has just begun radiotherapy.

Be gentle with yourself and take time to grieve. ((hugs))
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • notakid
    notakid Posts: 10,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My mom is the same age, I don't know how bad you feel I can only imagine.
    Thinking of you.
    But if ever I stray from the path I follow
    Take me down to the English Channel
    Throw me in where the water is shallow And then drag me on back to shore!
    'Cos love is free and life is cheap As long as I've got me a place to sleep
    Clothes on my back and some food to eat I can't ask for anything more
  • foreverskint
    Options
    Thinking of you and yours at this terrible time.
  • Yes cancer is a !!!!!!!, I lost my granny to it, she had breast cancer and had them both removed but she also got bowel cancer and she died, this was over ten years ago and it feels just like yesterday. My thoughts are with you xxx
    :D NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU SMILE:D
  • bud-miser
    Options
    Looks like a lot of us are in the same boat. I lost Mum last year at the age of 72 to this foul thing. She was young-hearted and just a delightful woman - she was robbed of the chance of experiencing a whole stage of life i.e. the chance to be a litlle, grey-haired old lady!

I'm no medical expert but, whereas I can see the evolutionary purpose of things like bacteria and viruses - living organisms, in other words - I can see no 'raison d'etre' at all for cancer. It's a vile enemy of humanity and we must do our best to hunt it down.

Please note - those who follow this distasteful modern trend of decrying scientific progress and seeing something trendy in semi-superstitious, 'alternative' claptrap - it ain't gonna be your reflexologists and homoeopaths who finally come up with the cure. Oh deary me, no.

Sorry - that's my rant for the day against the ongoing dumbing-down of society which is taking place. Gotta have at least one or I don't feel I've done my bit for the cause...
  • Mumstheword
    Options
    My thoughts are with you. I was in the same place as you 4 years ago. At the time, all I could think of when I thought of mum was the dying mum. Gradually, those thoughts stopped being so dominant, and now when I think of mum, it's the living vibrant gorgeous mum I remember, My mum too was only 65, and, in her own words, hadn't finished living yet.

The only advice I could pass on is that you can't get over this, you need to get through it. Allow yourself to go through your own greiving process. Acknowledge it, allow time for it, and get through it.

Best wishes.
    *** Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ***

If I don't reply to you, I haven't looked back at the thread.....PM me :)
  • MrsMW
    MrsMW Posts: 590 Forumite
    Options
    Love and prayers to you and your family. I understand what you are going through.
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    love and hugs to you x
    i too have lost people to this awful illness, my dh and my mum when i was two years old, you get through but you never forget
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure