PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Freezing Milk

Options

Comments

• tina68
    tina68 Posts: 461 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, Can anybody tell me if i can open freeze milk. :confused: .ie: in ice cube tray..i am getting sooooooooooooooo fed up of son and his girlfriend :love: using it up and not bothering to replace when i'm out at work or when i get up in the morning, i even buoght UHT and they found it
    Tina x
    on this day 23/05/1430
    Joan of Arc captured and delivered to the English
  • carly
    carly Posts: 1,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I dont know about open freezing it, but you can certainly freeze it in the carton or plastic bottle . I do this all the time to prevent running out. It does take a long time to defrost though if you freeze a 4 pint container, so for convenience best done in a smaller container. I cant see any reason for not decanting some into a small spill proof container and then freezing that.
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Ive frozen milk in its containers before, if its a full bottle, pour a little out as it will expand slightly. The milk will defrost slightly watered down, but ive always found it fine!!!
  • crazymom
    crazymom Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    Ive got 8 pints of skimmed milk in my freezer that i got on reduced! its my first time in freezing milk so will be interested to see what its like when its defrosted!
    Love is all around! :rotfl:

:T £2 savers - £6 30/4/06 :T
    :T 20p savers -£0.60 30/4/06 :T
  • wolfehouse
    wolfehouse Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    in girl scout summer camp they used to serve us frozen milk in individual cartons everyday. i only know because occassionally it wasn't totally unfrozen by the time they served it to us. it was fine for drinking plain so i'm sure in a hot drink you wouldn't notice.
  • tina68
    Options
    Just thought it would be convenient, one lump or two, and DS and his GF wouldn't have to know it was there either LOL!!!
    Tina x
    on this day 23/05/1430
  • rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    Options
    I regularly freeze milk. We only go shopping ever 2 weeks but can use 8 pints of milk in that time. As a result we buy 2 big cartons of milk and freeze one. Actually didn't occur to me until people started talking about it on the boards.
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • snax
    snax Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    We had a bulk delivery of fresh milk [ 1lt cartons] a few years ago and had to freeze them or most would have gone to waste ... all defrosted easilly and tasted fine - no probs
    You could use ice cube bags that have a small fill hole at the top and once full you tie them tight to seal them ..... like this ..... they wouldn't be open then - most supermarkets sell them in rolls and they are quite cheap

Regards
    S.

ps ... keep some milk for a few days until it turns and leave it for them to use - might put them off for a while !!!
    Learn to laugh at yourself ... everyone else has:rotfl:
    Regards
    S.
  • tina68
    Options
    oooooooooooh clever...don't really want him off work though or i would, he has a thing about dates and smells so it might not work LOL!!!
    on this day 23/05/1430
  • rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    Options
    What about a new policy of......you finished off the last in the bottle so you replace it?
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport