PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

It's STILL tough and not getting better - so how are we coping?

Options

Comments

• jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't seen fuel anywhere near here for £1.04 for a wee while!
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Welcome Millie, you've got a lot of reading to do. Lots of tips and info on here!
    :beer:

Yep - always room for another on this thread Millie. You've gotta lotta reading to do - but theres a lot of useful tips to pick up.:D
  • purpleheather2810
    purpleheather2810 Posts: 524 Forumite
    edited 23 August 2010 at 7:14PM
    Options
    Welcome Millie, lots of great advice and friendly posts in here. Pull up a pew and get reading....

Gailey, try not to get depressed about the state of the house. You have little kids - it will never be perfect and you will make yourself ill trying to make it perfect. Enjoy your kids before they go to school instead. The housework will keep.

Oh and re chicken pox, my DDs finally caught it in May/June (they are 5 and 2) and the most helpful advice I was given was to give them cool-ish baths with half a cup or so of bicarb of soda in (no bubble bath) - I keep a bag of that in for cleaning anyway, and it really did help with the itching...
    :D Skint but happy with my lovely family :D

Hypnotherapy rocks :j
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

I was paying for petrol in Morrisons when the lady in front of me was telling the cashier, "I filled up in Scotland yesterday and is was £1.04" I was paying £1.14

:rotfl: Now if it wasnt for the fact that you mentioned Scotland I would have honestly wondered if that was my mother you just mentioned :rotfl:

I had to see the funny side of it when my mother said "I've got some clotted cream in for you..." when I arranged to have lunch again with my parents and I thought "Took her long enough to realise I'm more than a little partial to clotted cream...." and found that she had told the man behind the counter that she only wanted enough for her daughters pudding and he had given her about a third of what I would have given someone and she had accepted this - where I had assumed she had bought a carton of it...:(

My parents can afford to spend what money they need to these days...and some they want to as well...but old habits die hard - so I just took my one-third portion of cream and said nowt.....(made mental note that I will buy myself a carton of it and eat my way straight through it with just two portions of pudding some time soon instead......:rotfl:). Oh well - it DOES take some time after years of being hard-up for the message to sink in that economising isnt necessary any longer....:rotfl:
  • milliemonster
    milliemonster Posts: 3,708 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!, at the moment my main worry is getting a clinical placement organised, I have to do 150 hours of practice that has to be organised as a condition of a place on the course and the practice facilitator is dragging her heels a bit, so I am still worried that it's all going to go wrong, they won't be able to get me a placement and I'll end up with no place and out of work!!, I think the stress is getting to me, I am trying to stay rational and calm and convince myself it will be fine.

Right, off to start wading through the thread....
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • purpleheather2810
    Options
    To Gailey, and all other Mummies who feel bad about all that stuff they "should" be doing.

A Recipe for all Mothers by Joanne Green

Today I left some dishes dirty;
    The bed I made at 3.30
    The nappies soaked a little longer,
    The odour grew a little stronger.
    The crumbs I spilt the day before
    Are staring at me from the floor.
    The fingerprints, there on the wall
    Will likely still be there next fall.
    The dirty streaks on the window panes
    Will still be there next time it rains.
    "Shame on you lazy-bones" I say
    "And just what have you done, today?"

I nursed a baby til he slept,
    I held a toddler while he wept.
    I played a game of hide and seek
    I squeezed a toy, so it would squeak.
    I pulled a wagon, sang a song,
    Taught a child right from wrong.
    What did I do this whole day through?
    Not much that shows, I guess it's true...
    Unless you think that what I've done
    Might be important to someone
    With bright blue eyes and soft blonde hair
    If that is true, I've done my share.

xx
    :D Skint but happy with my lovely family :D

Hypnotherapy rocks :j
  • Lindy_-_Loo
    Options
    purpleheather thats a lovely poem!

Have had day one of mum and tots being at my house this week - and I really dont feel like I ve done anything!

Washing machine emptied and downstairs hoovered and bathroom cleaned before the kids arrived, than they played, got hyper and then I made lunch which was eaten really well. I didnt do the dishes till 1pm till they had gone and the kitchen looked a mess - I saw a mum looking at the pile!

Then DS2 had a nap so sat with DS1 while he explained the game play for ben 10 on the Wii again, then preped for tea, fed the boys, sorted mine and OH tea (we all had spag bol just had to make pasta), then took a phone call of a freind who cant make tomorrow so that 3 days of tots this week to host!

Plumber didnt ring like landlord said - toilet taking over an hour to fill between flushes, hopefully it will be sorted tomorrow as all the kids who visit seem to want to got the toilet at the same time! At some point, although not tues or wed morning or anytime the plumber needs to come I need to go into town for OH birthday presents as its his birthday on thursday. Wish family would have the boys for an hour but nay mind!

Weather lousy rain all day now the winds picking up...
    Mum, wife and dinnerlady!
  • Lindy_-_Loo
    Options
    gailey wrote: »

Well rubbish start to week.

The 4year old is covered in red raised bumps.
    fearing the worst its chicken pox as lot going about locally.
    took her to nearby chemist asked pharmasist he said could be wont know until they scab over so brough

How your daughter? Is it chicken pox? Boys havent had that yet....
    Mum, wife and dinnerlady!
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can second the bicarb in the bath for chicken pox. the house is a horror story atm as its too wet for kids to be out in garden so they are destroying the house instead!! Its exhausting just thinking of all that needs doing, and need to start sewing labels into uniform as its school next week. Washing machine repair man will not be here till Friday and the dryer has packed up too, repair man for dryer will be Thursdy. Of course I didnt find this out till after I came back from the launderette with six loads of washing needing drying!! Party tomorrow night and no idea how I will get rid of washing before then. Praying for dry day tomorrow so I can get it on line.
  • parsonswife8
    parsonswife8 Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    edited 23 August 2010 at 8:13PM
    Options
    kidcat wrote: »
    Can second the bicarb in the bath for chicken pox. the house is a horror story atm as its too wet for kids to be out in garden so they are destroying the house instead!! Its exhausting just thinking of all that needs doing, and need to start sewing labels into uniform as its school next week. Washing machine repair man will not be here till Friday and the dryer has packed up too, repair man for dryer will be Thursdy. Of course I didnt find this out till after I came back from the launderette with six loads of washing needing drying!! Party tomorrow night and no idea how I will get rid of washing before then. Praying for dry day tomorrow so I can get it on line.

You seriously need some luck.:eek: Hope all works out for you.

;) Felines are my favourite ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport