PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Sausages recipes please!

Options

Comments

• nickj_2
    nickj_2 Posts: 7,052 Forumite
    Options
    how about taking the skins off , rolling them into small balls , fry , then have with pasta and a bolognese sauce etc
  • make_life_easier
    Options
    Has anyone put sausage casserole in the slow cooker without frying them first, I need to know as time is essential and has to be done quick in the mornings before work. I don't do mornings - it's just a coffee,shower and out most mornings, but could prepare it the night before quite easily
    became debt free December 06
  • Sallys_Savings
    Options
    I have put them into the slow cooker without browning them first...but the family all thought they looked odd and were obviously soft on the outside rather than the skin being a bit harder.

I often put sausages in the slow cooker with new pots, onions, peppers, baked beans, tin of toms mmmmm and a splash of chilli powder.
  • RubyMurray
    Options
    We had sausages tonight - Saucy Sausages! Grill the bangers and make up a barbeque sauce with sliced onions, ketchup, vinegar, water, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, butter, black pepper, simmer while the sausages are cooking until thickened. Can't give quantities as I cook by smell till I know it's right. Add cooked sausages to the sauce and stir through. Yummy with baked potatoes or homemade potato wedges and green beans.
    Swagbucks earnings since 22/05/2012 £135 paypal cash
    Clicksense earnings since 16/10/2012 $100.56 paypal cash
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OH loves Sausage, Mash and gravy, he particularly like it ifI cutthe sausages up and stick them in the mash, like cartoons :rotfl:

I will look at the more serious recipes as well :o
  • poppie,s_dream
    Options
    any ideas what else can i do with sausages apart from the normal mash or toad in the hole for tonights tea??

poppie
    xxxx
  • Gingham_Ribbon
    Options
    Sausage casserole? Do something different with the spuds? (au gratin, dauphinois...)
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
  • Beanietdc
    Options
    I have a recipe for a sausage and pasta bake.... I made it once and it was so filling it lasted 2 of us about 3 days!

Do you want it? I don't want to type it all in if you don't need it!
    Debt free date - June 2008 :T :T :T
  • RubyMurray
    Options
    My kids really love 'saucy sausages' which I make now and then for a change. While sausages are grilling make some barbeque sauce, (I use sliced onions, a little butter, ketchup, water, vinegar, worcester sauce, dash of brown sugar, black pepper, simmer until reduced and thickened) use whatever bbq sauce recipe you like best, stir in cooked sausages and serve with homemade potato wedges or baked potato etc.
    Swagbucks earnings since 22/05/2012 £135 paypal cash
    Clicksense earnings since 16/10/2012 $100.56 paypal cash
  • susank
    susank Posts: 809 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fry sausages till lightly browned with some onions until almost completely cooked - cut into cube size pieces and put in bottom of pyrex or similar dish - put one tin of sweetcorn on top and top with mashed potato - put into oven till top is browned and the sausages will be finished cooking and enjoy. Instead of sweetcorn substitute beans I suppose.
    Saving in my terramundi pot £2, £1 and 50p just for me! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family