PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Sausages recipes please!

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'll add in as well, just in case you are not sure :D that you can re freeze meat including sausages and chicken once it has been cooked.

What was drummed into you, and rightly so is that you do not re freeze still raw meat.

My OH has to have sausage and mash made into a smiley face with peas and sweetcorn as hair. :rotfl:
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    They will be okay in the fridge for a couple of days.
  • tiredwithtwins
    Options
    as others have said, id just make a sausage casserole, meatballs, bangers and mash; use up any left over sossies by wrapping in pastry and make sausage rolls for packed lunches ...
    wading through the treacle of life!

debt 2016 = £21,000. debt 2021 = £0!!!!
  • Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I always cook the whole pack of sausages in one go then freeze individually (Not in a big frozen block!:o) so that they can be used as and when needed. I defrost them thoroughly and just give them a quick blast in the micro to make sure they are heated right through. Saves fuel and cooking time.
    As someone else suggested, meatballs are nice when made from sausagemeat and if you add sage & onion stuffing, chopped onion and herbs they make lovely, economical pork burgers.:)
    A couple can also be chopped up and added to soups to make it more filling.;)
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
  • lollipopsarah
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm cold cooked sausages - lovely - would grab one every time I go to the fridge.
    meat loaf is good too, just make a big un and the leftover is fab in a sarnie.
    xx
  • ska_lover
    ska_lover Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon all

We have recently been lucky enough to be able to get our hands on a regular supply of very cheap but 'expensive branded' sausages

Can anyone advise of sausages receipes? Other than sausage casserole? x
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
  • eleanor73
    eleanor73 Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I like taking them out of their skins and adding them to meatloaf or making meatballs with them. My favourite is spicy sausage meatball pasta. Basically a spicy tomato sauce, sausage meatballs and spaghetti.
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Finger Bun
    Mustard
    Onions

Preferably fried!

If yous get a caravan snack thingy, you can sell them on!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure