PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Sausages recipes please!

Options

Comments

• rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    Options
    You could always have the sausage and egg with some chips, and leave him with a pile of chips.

I love sausage, egg and chips. Particularly a nice fried runny egg.

Note: I'm pregnant at the moment so I'm of course craving all the things I can't have....like runny eggs.
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • Smashing
    Smashing Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    Options
    Sausage casserole or hotpot, bangers & mash or toad in the hole.
  • Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sausage casserole? It's a bit "wintery", but needs must. Have a search on the recipe index, I bet there's loads of suggestions on there.
    Alternatively cook yourself sausage, egg & chips & let OH fend for himself!
  • Poggie123
    Poggie123 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    Toad in the hole, veggies, mash and loads of onion gravy - yum!
  • leni
    leni Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    well normally I'd have just left them in the freezer until they were inedible:o I'm trying to eat everything in the cupboards before we go shopping again (I've written everything down and we are meal planning with it all later! Hopfully get 2 weeks of main meals out of everything but will need veg, bread and milk! though might buy a bread maker tonight :T

DEBT FREE for the first time in 10 years and with savings!

1st Baby due May 2011 :o it's a BOY:j
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi leni,

We have an older thread with lots of ideas on what to do with sausages, so I'll merge yours into it. The posts are listed in date order so you'll need to read from the beginning to see all the replies.

Pink
  • flufff
    flufff Posts: 899 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Ive about 200 frozen sausages sat in my freezer as they r&rin at moment in tesco.
    Having sausage in giant yorkshire puddings tonight with onion gravy mash n veg.Of course obligatory sausage bap.Am sure will be sick of them soon.
    Anyone know any good casserole recipies or any tasty recipies?Thankyou
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    Warming Sausage Casserole

Serves 4 - 6

450g potatoes
    2 large carrots
    2 large onions
    1 large can baked beans
    1 large can mulligatawny soup
    8 sausages

Thinly slice potatoes, carrots and onions.
    Arrange half the potatoes in a layer in the greased dish.
    Cover with half the onions, all the carrots, the rest of the potatoes, then the rest of the onions.
    Pour the can of beans over the layers. Arrange the sausages on top, then pour the soup over them.
    Put a lid on the casserole (or greased foil) and bake on 180C/350F/gas mark 4 for 2 1/2 hours until the veg is tender and the sausages are cooked.
    Needs nothing with it, but works rather well with chunks of crusty bread.

Easily adapted for the slow cooker.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Toad in the Hole?

I usually brown the sausages first on my health grill - whilst that's happening squirt some olive oil into a pan and stir fry some roughly chopped onions till softened.

Arrange it all in a greased dish and pour over the batter.

Sometimes I add a few mushrooms too!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You could always cook a few sausages and then leave to go cold - slice them lengthways and put in sandwiches for the next day?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure