New Post Advanced Search

Christmas breakfast-Ideas please

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
150 replies 15K views

Replies

• QueenieQueenie Forumite
    8.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been giving this some more thought ... I can't even remember what we had for breakfast as children :o
    We always had an apple, orange and nuts in our stocking and that's the only food I can remember about the morning :laugh:
    I do remember the last Christmas my father was alive (he died 10 days later) feeling really jealous because he had a whole bowl of fresh fruits all to himself and we were not allowed to touch it and I can remember staring at this bowl of fruit like manna from heaven and drooling :rotfl: (Hey, I was just turned 6yo, it's forgiveable).

I'm sure we must have had breakfast but no way can I remember what we had.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • I can't believe the amount of people who eat chocolate and allow their kids to eat chocolate first thing in the morning! Yuck! I have always insisted my kids eat breakfast on Christmas morning, whether its cereal, toast or a boiled egg. They have never been allowed to then eat more than one bar of chocolate from their selection boxes otherwise it would totally spoil their dinner!

Funny thing is, they have never complained and been quite happy to do this because they so look forward to Christmas dinner anyway!
  • lenileni Forumite
    937 posts
    we normally have prok pie and brown sauce

DEBT FREE for the first time in 10 years and with savings!

1st Baby due May 2011 :o it's a BOY:j
  • QuackersQuackers Forumite
    10.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beachbeth wrote:
    I can't believe the amount of people who eat chocolate and allow their kids to eat chocolate first thing in the morning! Yuck! I have always insisted my kids eat breakfast on Christmas morning, whether its cereal, toast or a boiled egg. They have never been allowed to then eat more than one bar of chocolate from their selection boxes otherwise it would totally spoil their dinner!

Funny thing is, they have never complained and been quite happy to do this because they so look forward to Christmas dinner anyway!

:rotfl: Its one day a year :D

I dont think its going to kill them!

And its always sooooooooooo early that it'd never spoil their dinner. :D
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
  • QueenieQueenie Forumite
    8.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quackers wrote:
    :rotfl: Its one day a year :D

I dont think its going to kill them!

And its always sooooooooooo early that it'd never spoil their dinner. :D

:think: ....

:think: ....

:idea: .... What about Easter? :confused:

:o:o:o
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Lillibet_2Lillibet_2 Forumite
    3.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seriously considered having Santa leave everyone a pack of M & S bacon & egg sandwiches in the fridge for Xmas brekkie befor now....never actually done it but I still think it's an option!

OK, I'll hand in my OS badge on my way out........:o
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • GladGlad Forumite, Board Guide
    18.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we always open stockings upstairs first thing and then have breakfast before seeing what Santa has left under the tree
    we always have bagels with smoked salmon and cream cheese :D
    all that needs doing is toasting the bagels
    STAY HOME - PROTECT THE NHS - SAVE LIVES
    I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
  • Gingham_RibbonGingham_Ribbon Forumite
    31.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the kind of thing I would never buy through the year, but have bought at Christmas for years:

Jordans cereal

It's a quick, filling, tasty start to the day without having to cook.
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
  • I let them have chocolate too, as much as they want,whilst they are opening their pressies from us. They hardly have any sweets all year so I dont think it will hurt just for once. We never have less them about 7 veg with Christmas lunch at mums so I am sure that more than makes up for it. By the time the afternoon walk is over we are fighting fit again & ready to open our family pressies.

Oh & i have leftovers from the night before because Christmas Eve is our turn to entertain & because we wont be eating at home agAin until the day after boxing day & we dont like waste!
    ....another happy bug.........sorry,blogger embracing the simple life
  • WizwooWizwoo Forumite
    675 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    We always have a house full of friends round and have bacon rolls and champers - keeps us going until the big meal at 5!

I always do mulled wine too (family tradition - it's got a bit of a kick to it!!! But I'm normally left to drink it:))