Christmas breakfast-Ideas please

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
150 replies 15K views
191011121315»

Replies

• cyclingyorkiecyclingyorkie Forumite
    4.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I shall be having an enormous mug of tea and some porridge, as will DD1. The rest of the family will be having toast...
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • Floozie wrote: »
    Sorry to disappoint you but I don't think you can beat freshly squeezed orange juice, crispy bacon on soft white bread spread with butter and a big mug of tea to set you up for xmas day!

That's our brekkie too. :D
    Now thanks to Tommix & Queen Bear, now Lady Westy of Woodpecker :)
  • We're having french toast with bananas and syrup. Very quick and yummy :)
    Debts CC1 1424 // CC2 1836.65 // CC3 [STRIKE]973.40[/STRIKE] 823.70 // CC4 [STRIKE]609.05[/STRIKE] 459.04 // Very [STRIKE]422.25[/STRIKE] ah now 533.53 :(
    Total [STRIKE]7036.54[/STRIKE] 5076.92 :eek: !!!
  • lineyliney Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    French toast; now there's a thought.
    "On behalf of teachers, I'd like to dedicate this award to Michael Gove and I mean dedicate in the Anglo Saxon sense which means insert roughly into the anus of." My hero, Mr Steer.
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    We'll be in France so it will probably be croissant, pain raison or pain chocolat, depending on what we buy the day before in the bakers, although in some areas the bakers open on Christmas morning so if we're in one of those areas we'll obviously buy fresh!

Denise
  • lostinrateslostinrates Forumite
    55.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been deliberating this year. We might have no starter for the makin meal....its just DH and I, which is rare. And we eat late afternoon as a sort of hybrid lunch supper, after the animals have been put away for the day but before a late walk around. So breakfast is still a big deal here, being one of two adult meals.

This year I am thinking of making a spiced caramelised orange salad to serve with home made waffles which we could eat after 'le cake' a cheese and ham cake, which we can eat in thin slices with some stuff like chicory, celery or some hot veg, like stewed tomatoes and or some of the cristmas ham.

I fancy something more special tbh, and vegetarian and hot, but I'm struggling and it seems silly to tie oneself in knots over breakfast on Christmas Day!
  • We always have the same breakies - croissants filled with scrambled egg and bacon washed down by bucks fizz - tried pancakes with maple syrup and bacon one year but it didnt feel christmassy! Traditions are traditions...
    Kondo'ed 76 items from wardrobe, 4 carrier bags of books
  • croissants and jam for myself & dh and xmas tree crumpets for ds x
    G.C July £21.09/£100

• Well, after reading this thread, I've decided on a continental breakfast and so we'll be having a selection of croissants/pain au chocolat/rolls with homecooked sliced ham, cheese and jams. With orange juice and tea/coffee. I'm dead excited now!:j
    Tess x

Underground, overground, wombling free...
    Old Style weight loss so far...2 stone and 7 pounds
  • sparrersparrer Forumite
    7.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    When the children were small they had something from their chocolate selection boxes while we just had toast and marmalade. Some years later when we had a residential home the residents had their usual breakfast and at 11.30am we had a cocktail morning for families & friends with canapes etc, so no time for our breakfast. Nowadays I'm back to toast or cereal as I know my DD will make a delicious lunch and I want to be able to do it justice :)