We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

fighting my way out of the misery, moody,mayhem muddle.

Options

Comments

• robsmum_2
    robsmum_2 Posts: 1,753 Forumite
    Options
    For the first time in a month I have done my entire houework blitz:j.
    Feeling a bit the worse for wear now, so off for a nap for an hour.
    Later I will do the last bit of ironing,maybe bit of mending and if it brightens/dries up a bit more patio bed clearing. If it doesn't then I may venture into tidying the greenhouse.
    Debt at start of DMP 1/6/09: £2942 - £1942
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
    £2 saving plan:-
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Don't know where this last week or so has gone but things are still under control:j
    Been checking back on my diary from when I reassesed what I wanted to achieve by the end of December and seem to be making progress. Just shows what going public does for you!

Doing the weekly housework blitz at moment, just having a cuppa and a breather for a few minutes and then later will up date my diary properly.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Weekly housework blitz done!

Only ironing, monthly plans and moping left to do.

Financial:
    Under control.
    Need to do totals for August on spending diary and pay monthly bits into bank.
    Need to check budget.
    House/garden:
    House much more under control these days. Found a window cleaner this week:jand have at last got my windows clean. Have got all the upstairs inside ones cleaned today.
    Garden tidy up/de-clutter is very slow progress but at least progress. B.I.L has re-built my trellis and veryt MSE it is to all it cost me was 2 post holders. Patio area now completely cleared,tidied, fed and re-planted. Greenhouse cleaned and cuttings re-taken with decent compost. Stage 2 of about 100 is to clear the side under the kitchen window (half done so far).
    Health and Well being:
    Quite an improvement there, though my back is still quite twingy. Still trying to pace myself.....
    Dental appointment was good, just need to concentrate on water flossing and no other treatment until 6 months and I hung onto the dodgy tooth.:j
    Knowedge and Learning:
    Have dug out family tree again and need to get back to that before my holiday in Yorkshire. (Where my roots are)
    Creative:
    Familiarising myself with my new sewing machine and got the mending done.
    Christmas:
    Nothing really done on that front but need to look at this as part of monthly plans. Hope to get some other bits whilst I am away and want to start on grocery countdown this month.

Off to do today's half hour or so garden tidying.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Weekly housework blitz done!:j
    Financial:
    Still under control:jMy 1st buffer zone (£84) is over half way now and I religiously put the weekly £3.50 into the pot and then bank when I go to post office.
    My 1st savings account is at £95 all from squirreled away amounts, not sure wether to use this as holiday spends or not yet, will make a decision nearer the time.
    Spending diary up to date and am hoping for 18 NSD's this month, but maybe difficult as am away 19th for a week.

House:
    Looking quite good at the moment. Still de-cluttering and it's definately helping to keep it tidy, managable and comfortable.
    Need to defrost 1st freezer this week prior to Christmas stocking up.
    Need to clean downstairs windows.

Garden:
    Bed under kitchen window cleared and fed. Greenhouse all sorted out.
    Have bulbs to plant in cleared beds,rosemary to plant in new herb bed and have to tie in climbers onto new trellis. So far 2 out of about 100 jobs done completly.

Health and Well being:
    Much better than I have been, still getting tired though.

Knowledge and Learning:
    Have found all my family tree stuff again and now can't make head nor tail of my previous notes so am having to start again almost:mad:

Creative:
    Nothing much here.

Christmas:
    Plan to start grocery stock up this week with dried/storecupboard bits. These have been added to shopping list in readiness.

Off to do monthly plans, more in the next day or so.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • Hovel_lady
    Hovel_lady Posts: 4,291 Forumite
    Options
    Hello :wave:

My apologies, I didn't realise you had a diary :o

Will read as much as I can later and catch up with things.
    Off to eat some Bakewell tart :)
    xx
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    I am so excited just opened the post and got a letter from the catalogue company saying:
    "I am in reciept of your signed and dated acceptance form confirming that you have paid the full and final settlement figure of £160." and further down:
    "I can confirm that the remaining balance was removed and your details removed from our mailing lists.":j:j:j
    Now I know that this frugal living is worthwhile - that is such a boost and a great weight lifted.
    My phone is silent and I am not scared of the post:j
    Right off to do some household chores like defrosting the freezer!
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • Hovel_lady
    Hovel_lady Posts: 4,291 Forumite
    Options
    That is great news :T really pleased for you xx
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Freezer 1 defrosted and freezer 2 sorted out. Dinner tonight is from the lurkers: 1chicken kiev, 1 burger, 2 fish fingers, 1 batch of bubble, 1 bag of sliced potato and a bag of plums(I think).
    Now got to do menu plans for next 2 weeks and also check my jam/chutney store to see what needs topping up to help eek the budget next year.

I love Autumn and the squirrelling away season, preparing for Winter and Christmas.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on the catalogue :j
    Take it all your other debt is in the DMP?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Hi Beanileau: Nice to see you again. Yes, all my other debt is on DMP which is going well.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business