We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

fighting my way out of the misery, moody,mayhem muddle.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    That makes it even better news then :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • robsmum_2
    robsmum_2 Posts: 1,753 Forumite
    Options
    Had a successful weekend, with 5 hours in the garden so that my garden de-clutter/organize is now beginning to show results.:jBeginning to feel like I'm taking part in Ground Force.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Got the fortnightly shopping done and under budget and then babysat and earnt £25:jand

Having been to work this morning am now going to become a domestic goddess and do some baking, jam making and then some family tree research.
    Debt at start of DMP 1/6/09: £2942 - £1942
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
    £2 saving plan:-
  • Hovel_lady
    Hovel_lady Posts: 4,291 Forumite
    Options
    robsmum wrote: »
    Had a successful weekend, with 5 hours in the garden so that my garden de-clutter/organize is now beginning to show results.:jBeginning to feel like I'm taking part in Ground Force.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Got the fortnightly shopping done and under budget and then babysat and earnt £25:jand

Having been to work this morning am now going to become a domestic goddess and do some baking, jam making and then some family tree research.
    I think you need your own TV show - sort of a "Ground Force/Nigella hybrid" :D
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Hovel_lady wrote: »
    I think you need your own TV show - sort of a "Ground Force/Nigella hybrid" :D

Now there's an idea! I could go for that and I'd get out of debt! I'll have my own show using your hovel as my back drop.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • Hovel_lady
    Hovel_lady Posts: 4,291 Forumite
    Options
    As soon as I get my hovel we'll set it up - I'll give the BBC a call later :cool:
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Day off today and the domestic goddess /MSE behaviour continues:eek:so far this morning:
    Boxed up 6 portions of chilli (done in slow cooker)
    3lb of hedgerow jelly (and its setting 1st time:j)
    3 hedgerow fruit crumbles in oven
    4 portions of cooked rice boxed
    Yesterdays baking resulted in 12 chocolate chip muffins and 12 flapjacks.

I love doing all domestic things and wish I didn't have to go to work! My dream would be to have a cottage, with a veg plot and have time to go foraging, do baking and have chickens. I can dream and in the meantime live that life as much as possible, without the chickens. I don't think my neighbours would be too impressed with them.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Back to reality and some housework now.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Had a lovely week away in Yorkshire with my Yorkshire friend and now need to get back to reality.
    Spent quite a lot of money, but did get most of OH's Christmas gifts and fabric to make other gifts. Need to get my monthly plans sorted today and get back on track with everything. House is muddled also and the ironing pile is unbelivable.:eek:
    15 minute burst for today and then I'll update my diary.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you had a good break & 15 minute burst6s are definatly the way to go.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Finally got my monthly plans done and got back to update my diary:
    Finacal:
    Has been better but still under control. I have had 6 NSD's this week which helps but need to spend as littleas possible for the rest of the month. My holiday spending is having a bit of an impact but will certainly help to spread the cost of Christmas.
    Got a parking ticket on Friday:mad:so that's goodbye £25, but am going to appeal but not very hopeful.
    House:
    Almost back to normal. Have had to empty the bathroom completely for workmen coming tommorow to destroyit/deal with the awful smell. B.I.L thinks the stench valve/pipe is the problem and smartly when they built the house they boxed all pipes in with no access:eek:. OH got his additional banister fitted and thats all painted just got the windowsill to re-do.
    Summer clothes to sort and put away.
    2 cupboards to declutter.
    Garden:
    Garden cull/renovation going well almost 3/4 of the way round.
    Next job the annual dirty and smelly job of cleaning the pond and get the net on before the leaves.
    Health and Wellbeing:
    All ok on that front at moment.
    Knowledge and learning:
    Going great guns on researching my family tree and have to write up my notes and cancel my free trial tommorrow. Will take out a subscription maybe after Christmas.
    Creative:
    Got 1 of 6 big cushions upholstered for B.I.L's conservatory furniture. Know I know why upholsterers charge so much.
    Going to do another this week and cut out the first of the Christmas present bunting.
    Christmas:
    OH all sorted but a couple of small bits.
    DS sorted but a few little bits.
    2 stockings done but couple of little bits.
    Half dried groceries bought.
    Off to cook dinner now, more during the week.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Finacial:
    Spending diary now up to date. Monthly paperwork filed and shredded.
    Appeal in for parking ticket.
    House:
    Cushion covers and throws all washed. Kitchen deep cleaned. Bathroom update :after emptying it all completely in readiness for the workmen, they turned up with a bottle of industrial stregth drain and pipe cleaner!:mad: Thought to be honest today it smells better than it has for a while, so fingers crossed.
    Garden:
    Fence panel painted and annual pond clearance done and pond now netted. Only about a quater left to do.
    Creative:
    1 entire set6 of cushions upholstered for BIL, just 3 more sets to do.
    Off now to chill for a bit.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts