PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 June 2010 at 10:03AM
    Options
    Hi Sue

You certainly aren't boring us, so please don't think you are! That's an order! The blankets are all gorgeous - beautiful squares and beautifully put together. This is the power of the internet at its best - bringing people together for the benefit of others. It's amazing to think how international you have become! I STILL have squares to send to you but life here keeps throwing up major challenges - I promise I will post them off after the weekend! I'm not sure if you saw my earlier post but Chalky is on her way back to the UK from Spain and she and her husband are driving right past our part of France, so we finally get to meet on Sunday and we've invited them to stay the night! As you can imagine, I am so excited about this!

Well, yesterday was spent dealing with our poor willow tree - we still need to clear up the debris and will do that this afternoon. Meanwhile, DH is plastering as fast as he can, and I am sewing in the ends of a square to add to the collection I've done for Chalky, so she can take them back with her.

Pippa - hope your MIL is doing well today.

DPixie - it's the postage that puts me off ordering wool online. I shall get my DIL1 to bring me some out when they all come out in July, and I shall stock up when we next visit the UK. The wool here is very expensive and nowhere near as good or varied as in the UK.

ISOM - love the dress; it's really gorgeous.

Hope you are all having a great day.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • Mrs_Twins
    Mrs_Twins Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Kathy,
    I have been reading the posts you've been putting on. I was wondering whether you had been effected by the weather. Apparently not. Good.
    Please dont get stressed about the squares, I know you are very busy over there.
    I think thats really nice that you are meeting up. I know you want to. I hope you both have a great time.

Hi Pippa.S
    Thank you so much for your squares they have arrived this morning, and I am chuffed to pieces!
    They are gorgeous!
    Also I'm pleased you are interested in the Christmas Challenge.
    Cant belive we are talking about Christmas already!

Thanks alot both of you,
    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs Suex
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    really sorry i havent been in for a while, i thought d been locked out when i found the thread locked :o then i realised you'd started a new one.
    been busy with family stuff father in law isnt too well so thats taken priority at the mo and then i didnt really feel like putting the puter on in th evening so i gave my sewng machine some hammer and lou sent me a lovely big box of supplies so that helped take my mind off things

sending love and hugs to all. so sorry to hear about your mum shelly.

my update
    12 pillowcase dresses
    8 zimmer bags
    1 knitted chicken jumper
    1 sands blanket

bearing in mind i didnt update last week and some of these were wips i havent really been that hard at it.

someone asked about the choir craft fayre it is in august
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all...
    Had a morning feeling cack with migraine...:(
    Going to have a bash at my hook pattern and also want to cast this on;
    http://www.laughinghens.com/knitting-pattern-page.asp?patternpageid=12592
    Im doing it in a gorgeous pinky/purple for a friends baby due in Aug. Then have to make a cake for tomorrows knitting group!
    Mrs twins well done on the blankets..Im sure the recipients will be overjoyed!
    Thanks for comments re the dress...being rather more than curvatious one has limited choice...not sure what it will look like on but fingers crossed. Mum is doing me a shawl just in case its not warm enough!
    Miol hope that the tree sorted. How long until chalky arrives?
    F1 and sock knitter hope life is more settled and that youre ok?
    May hope you are ok too...havent seen you for a bit :(
    Dp hope that the preparations are going well for the move!
    Pippa hope MIL home soon...
    Hugs those that need them :)...havent forgotten anyone on purpose just hard to remember everyone!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon ladies - oh ISOM - snap I have a cracking headache - have not been able to shift for days now - bit sinus problem me thinks - hope you feel better soon as I know you suffer badly - how is Mum ? xxx

dpixie - well after reading your post about Kemps being a week to deliver I was really shocked to see the delivery man and YES it was my wool - I looked at your equation for the cost of wool and mine cost 1.69 per ball so am quite happy with that as thats what roughly the most I will pay - as for the postage costs well it was a courier rather than Royal Mail so thats probably where the costs come from

So Im really pleased with my wool - actually I should not moan about cost really - their chunky is a very good price 3 were 1.19 each and 1 was 1.09 - even the "bonus" chunky elsewhere is over 2.00 (even the new stuff in charity shop!) - I use the chunky for the christmas box hats - the most expensive was the baby care print - which I love - it has blue spot print - just nice for some baby hats or squares for a blanket - am really happy

Kathy - a big digger wow!!! - hope its all sorted now xxx

mrs m sorry to hear FIL is unwell - hoping things improve - take care of yourself xxxx

shezmit - how are you feeling after sunday - hope Mum is ok and has not exhausted herself - thinking of you all xxx

Hoping chalky is ok and just looking out of the window urrrghhhh - what weather to come back to - I dont know about anyone else but im COLD

Well had better get on really - dont feel active whatsoever (so list although written has not had much crossed off!)
    Hugs and love to all Jaqui xxx
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
  • Kinsey
    Kinsey Posts: 887 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all, my grandson arrived at quarter to one today, 7lbs 11.5ozs. His name is William. It was a caesarean.
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Was'nt going to post but had to just pop in when I saw your post Kinsey

Awww how lovely a new little munchkin to cuddle :)

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family

Luv
    Anne
    x
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    oh congrangratulations Kinsey! How exciting!! When will you see them?
    F1 am ok - think were due a storm here but have also increased meds and didnt drink much yesterday so suspect a combination...mums on the mend ta but still going gently - but at least going lol! She gets v frustrated - brain willing but body isnt! Im covered in chocolate from making the hummingbird choc brownies with choc frosting...simply wicked! A combination of cream cheese, choc, eggs, cream cheese and a heart stopping amount of butter and sugar...needless to say theyre delicious!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    decided to come back after all, I should be doing useful things ;)
    Like putting the buttons on a preemie cardi, and finishing my latest square off

Sue - Crikey they arrived quickly. I have just been in to your blog and the flower power blanket is gorgeous, I was tickled pink to see my square amongst the worldwide bouquet :D
    mrs-m - nice to see you, hope FIL is feeling better now
    ISOM - ooo I like that it's a lovely pattern, now don't forget piccy please when you finish it :)
    kathy - have you heard from Chalky yet, how far from you is she now? oooo how exciting to meet up :j

Better go the zu-zu is driving me nuts, bloomin racket, I'll go watch TV in the other room and leave OH here in the kitchen

Enjoy your evenings all.... yoo hoo to all the MIA's :wave:
    Anne
    x
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    KInsey - many many congratulations on your new grandson; what lovely news!

Pippa - I'm not sure where Chalky and her DH is right now but we are expecting them some time on Sunday. They will call us from a major roundabout five minutes from us and we will go and fetch them, hopefully!

Hope all the headaches on here have gone now.

Well, we've been clearing up after the tree drama for most of the day - it took ages to do but it's looking better now. The tree looks quite pathetic compared to its previous magnificence. I've taken some photos and will post them tomorrow.

Right now, I'm off to watch the second half!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business