PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone :hello:and what a lovely morning it is, sun is shining and how good does that feel :T

My posting lately is so erratic I can't remember when I last came in :think:
    MIL is a lot better now after the scare on Sunday night when her heart started racing in the middle of the night, they have rejigged the Pacemaker and she seems ok now.

Should have been going into Brum tomorrow to meet a friend, would have been the first time out for weeks but she can't make it now, bit disapointed but it can't be helped, at least I wont be spending anything ;)

OH has printed the leaf pattern off for the Poppy Wreath so I will get cracking on some of them, and some odd shape squares, that won't be a problem as my squares sometimes can hardly be called "square":rotfl:
    At least with all the wool I have in my stash I should have plenty of different greens, hope so anyway I just dare'nt buy any more it's everywhere....I am sure the wool fairy keeps leaving some for me :wink:

kathy - oooo how lovely a meet up with a virtual friend, bet you and Chalky get on really well and don't stop talking :D
    Just shows it can't have been packed properly, I would be fuming :mad: you can't call that service, but I do hope the rest of your order turns up.
    Shelley - parcel on its way to you with just a couple of Cardis/Buntings and tiny hats. Hope Mum is ok x
    f1-dpixie-Jean-sockknitter - another list maker here, really need one when my brain goes walkabout ;):rotfl:
    ISOM - how nice of you to rescue all that wool :D Hope your Mum is feeling a bit better now.

Got to go washings finished and needs to go out, sending (((hugs))) to MIA's and all in need
    Ta Ta
    Anne
    x
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DPixie - I would love to have a knitting retreat here, too. Perhaps we could set up a network? I've mentioned it before to my DH and he said that it could be done because we have enough room, but whether it ever will be done is another matter - we still have the house to finish! It's a lovely idea, though, and I'm sure it would be popular so well worth keeping in mind.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • mioliere
    Options
    thewillowtree009.jpg

thewillowtree011.jpg

Two photos of the willow branch that split from the rest of the tree and is now balancing precariously waiting for the tree surgeon to deal with it later! I'll take 'after' photos later!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

• OnlyGirl
    OnlyGirl Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Kathy I hope the branch stays there until the tree surgeon can sort it. Looks like a lovely tree though, I love willow's they are really peaceful. How exciting to be meeting Chalky too, I'm sure you'll get on no problem like meeting up with a long lost friend.

dpixie Knitting retreat sounds bliss.

Pippa Glad to hear MIL is feeling better now.

((Hugs)) for all.x
    :jWooligans Totals 2010:
    2 preemie hats, 2 preemie gowns, 1 bunting, 1 sleeping bag, 12 chalky squares
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    afternoon all...just back from getting ribbon for my cardi - will post piccies later. Am quite pleased with it! Having cat traumas here - weve done the sniffing around bit by swapping items of bedding etc and let poppy out this morning...as soon as she saw Isoke she went for her so back in the bedroom she goes. We had hoped that they would get friendly but her reaction was so strong that weve had to accept that she will need to be rehomed...desperately trying to find somewhere but its kitten season and people just not interested...
    Miol I know what you mean about feeling nervous - I remember when I met weezl..it was most odd and nerve racking but good in the end! After the initial nerves I'm sure you will get on like a house on fire! Good luck with the tree too!
    Lucky you Dp to have a spinning wheel! Please show us piccies when you can!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Seakay
    Seakay Posts: 4,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ISOM - my sister had to introduce antagonistic cats to each other. She made a simple door frame with chicken wire where the panels would be, attached hinges and replaced the door of the room that the new cats were in with it. The cats could see each other but could not attack. There was some hissing and spitting at first but gradually they got used to each other being around, while still having clearly defined territories. After a couple of months the new cats were only shut in at night. They were all very wary of each other during the day and kept their distance, but very gradually they all worked out a reasonably amicable way of living.
  • f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies - hope all are well but thinking of those with poorlie relatives or poorlie themselves

I finished a square jumper - all I did was knit (all garter stitch) two squares 10" x 11" then two small oblongs - 3" x 8" (for sleeves) - sewed two squares together at top - leaving gap for neck - laid out flat I added an oblong each side in the middle for arms - then sewed up sides and under arms - I still think it needs probably to be 1 - 2" longer in body.

Then I sat and did a bunting yesterday and am now 3/4 done on another one - am just starting my dads father's day card so have been cutting this out.

DS still off today - although I am sure he will be back tomorrow - he has perked up a lot - nose is drying up and cough still lingering (kept him and me awake last night) - so not much being done here really - Ive started to write my list - so at least as much is not whooshing round the head.

pippa - sorry to hear MIL had a set back at the weekend - hope she is improving xx

mioliere - how lovely for you to meet linda (Im quite jealous :) that you are having a meet up) both of you are such nice like-minded ladies that Im sure you wont notice that you have never actually "met" - good luck with the tree xx

My head has been aching all day so Im off as 'puter is hurting the eyes - perhaps need some fluids - love to all J xxx
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    L O :wave:
    Just been out in the garden digging a bed out there must have been a MILLION roots in it and they sure took some getting out.
    Came in and had a coffee then ate a Bakin Boys cupcake (leftover from Sunday when DGS came over) should'nt really but I figured all the work I did out there I must have used a couple of hundred calories in advance IYSWIM ;)

kathy - that tree looks HUGE!!!and very dangerous bet you'll be glad when its been dealt with. Lovely tree though willows make me think of Oxford by the river, no idea why though, I've never been there....:)

f1/OnlyGirl - yes she is perking up now thank goodness, it was awful to see her in such a state,

MrsTwins - parcel on its way to you with a couple of squares in, I have made a start on the new one for Christmas and it is looking good so far.

I have made a few squares in quite dark colours, someone gave me a load of 4ply so I doubled it and knitted it up, don't know what they will end up as though....if anything.

Anne
    x
  • mioliere
    Options
    ISOM - I loved Seakay's suggestion for the cats; it's well worth a try before making any decisions.

Jaqui - hope DS is feeling better. When I had a job that was very computer-based we were told to move away from the computer every forty-five minutes or so. Advice we had to take then but, I must confess, I don't now! I completely forgot about it until I read your post. I have often ended up with what I call 'wobbly eyes' if I've been on here for too long! The fluids are essential - my PC is in sight of the kettle which, when DH is home, is always on the boil!

Pippa - glad that MIL is perking up. Let's hope that each day is better than the one before.

Well, as I type, there are two French tree chappies out in the garden looking at the sad sight of our poor willow tree and deciding what to do about it. I hope that as much as possible can be saved. It's such a lovely tree, I would hate to lose it.

Anyway, I think I'll go and start the dinner off - we're having chilli tonight. I shall have to think of something foolproof to cook for when Chalky and her husband are here on Sunday. Not the time to try something new and daring, I think!

Have a great evening.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

• In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    ta seakay...after much discussion, searching etc we have managed to find someone who will have space for poppy on 9th July. Its been a difficult decision but feel its the right thing to do for her. She needs somehere where she can have some peace and quiet from the young uns and can be mutually adored. She is ok for now and were letting her out for short periods while Isoke is out and she seems quite content in her wee space...
    Finished my cardi and delivered it - alas without taking a piccy :( naughty me! I used a chocolate ribbon and am really pleased with it but am now projectless so have been unsucessfully hunting for one! Also the wool I rescued is dry clean only (doh)...any ideas on what I can make with 5 x 50g balls? I was going to do a baby jumper but would be hopless with dry clean only...
    Pippa hang in there!
    seakay are you coming sat am?
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport