PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Ewww my washing machine STINKS :(

Options

Comments

• crafty_swan
    crafty_swan Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Use soda crystals 2 tablespoons in a hot wash with nothing in it
  • neveranymoney
    Options
    thanks, I had an idea it was either that, or vinegar, but didn't want to blow the kitchen up!!!:rotfl:
    Total debt £20,000 Northern Rock loan:eek:
    Debt free date April 2016!!!!:eek:
  • furr
    furr Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    Hi dahling, wouldn't have had a clue meself how to get rid of a pong like that, but will know in future! Let me know how you get on and I'll come back to visit when the smell's gone...... Just kidding, I didn't smell anything! xx
    "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter" ~ E.E.Cummings :rotfl:
  • high-rise_andrew
    Options
    Are soda crystals any good for a slow-draining kitchen sink? & the water from washing machine back-tracks up into sink for a bit. & could I mix the soda crytals with Star Drops down the drains or will I blow my kitchen up folks? Ta much x.
  • pebbles88
    pebbles88 Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi,

similar question but it aint my washing machine drum or drawer thats smelling

i have cleaned both, it seems to be where the water goes as its going in , ie from the drawer (taking detergents etc with it), i have cleaned as much as i could but cant get my hand down into all of it??

would vinegar help this also??
    Please be nice to all moneysavers!
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."
    Big big thanks to Niddy, sorely missed from these boards..best cybersupport ever!!
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi pebbles,

This thread may help: Mould in washing machine drawer!

Failing that try this website: www.washerhelp.co.uk

Pink
  • adea
    adea Posts: 448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Not sure if this i the right place to post, but my washing machine smells.
    The washing is fine but the drum stinks and i don't know how to get rid of it:(
    Any tips/suggestions most welcome.

Thanks in advance,
    Adea
  • BrandNewDay
    BrandNewDay Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    Well... I will be interested to see what others say. I would be tempted to run a couple of old towels through on hot with some bleach.
    :beer:
  • debbym
    debbym Posts: 460 Forumite
    Options
    try running it on a rinse cycle with some white vinegar or a solution of borax.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi adea,

There's an earlier thread with more ideas that may help so I've added your thread to it to keep all the suggestions together.

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family