Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Options

Comments

• Mrs.W_2
    Mrs.W_2 Posts: 584 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh yes i have 4 spare, would you like me to pay the tax and insurance too? I'm getting annoyed with people asking for pups and kittens for free too as 'can't afford one' what about VET BILLS? insurance? FOOD?
    It looks like those unavoidable costs are catching up with a great many who thought chickens would make fashionable great pets. Practically every week someone is offering hens on our local FC.
  • thepedestrian
    Options
    long shot - bus ?
    As Martin says - please be nice - there is no such thing as a stupid question ! ;)
  • MadelinesMum
    Options
    We've got lots of cockerals on ours at the mo - I think you can only have one because they fight.

Any tips on how to chose people that will turn up to collect? I carefully pick people who have good manners and seem sincere but I've had three no-shows this weekend alone. It drives me crazy because they seem so keen then just don't turn up.
    I must remember that "Money Saving" is not buying heavily discounted items that I do not need. :hello:
  • Gemmy_2
    Gemmy_2 Posts: 383 Forumite
    Options
    Someone posted an offered last night:

"Free to good home. Rover Metro 1993 1.2 litre, 50,00 miles, regularly serviced and garaged, 2 owners from new. MOT expired in September 2010, but no problems anticipated; no tax. Suit learner or an automobileophobe, compelled because of rural location to make short trips. Lucky taker must collect from *******. Please contact *******************"
  • SallyForth_2
    Options
    We've got lots of cockerals on ours at the mo - I think you can only have one because they fight.

Any tips on how to chose people that will turn up to collect? I carefully pick people who have good manners and seem sincere but I've had three no-shows this weekend alone. It drives me crazy because they seem so keen then just don't turn up.

Depends on how desparate you are to get rid? Although I agree that the apparently more sincere and well mannered people would seem to be more appealling recipeints, it doesn't necessarily follow that the less well mannered are less likely to turn up!
  • valentina
    valentina Posts: 1,016 Forumite
    Options
    Just seen this on our freegle

Offered - washing machine
    "zannusi essential, 7kg 2years old
    switch......... you have to press it on twice.
    noise level........ jumbo jet.
    wash ability....... bl**ding useless"
  • lindos90
    lindos90 Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    'i have just secured my own property and have most
    of the things i will need but still need a few things so if anyone could
    help me i would very much appreciate it i still need a tv doesnt have 2
    be antthing fancy so long as i can put it in my living room also need a
    freeview box and dvd player so i dont have to watch just the 4 standard channels i also need a hifi so i can listen to my music also i need wardrobe for my 5 month old daughter clothes it doesnt have 2 be a proper childs one just something i can put in her room and a chest of drawers i also need a computer table and a shelving unit of sum sort maybe even a book case'

Not asking for much then?
  • MadelinesMum
    Options
    lindos90 wrote: »
    'i have just secured my own property and have most
    of the things i will need but still need a few things so if anyone could
    help me i would very much appreciate it i still need a tv doesnt have 2
    be antthing fancy so long as i can put it in my living room also need a
    freeview box and dvd player so i dont have to watch just the 4 standard channels i also need a hifi so i can listen to my music also i need wardrobe for my 5 month old daughter clothes it doesnt have 2 be a proper childs one just something i can put in her room and a chest of drawers i also need a computer table and a shelving unit of sum sort maybe even a book case'

Not asking for much then?

I suppose that's one way to get around the "only two wanted posts per month" rule. Just ask for everything, lol!
    I must remember that "Money Saving" is not buying heavily discounted items that I do not need. :hello:
  • thepedestrian
    thepedestrian Posts: 997 Forumite
    edited 13 October 2010 at 10:51AM
    Options
    ours is just one a week

- this reminds me of Freecycle -could be it`s theme tune !( play loud ! )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXT02BPe7L4

actually I think the lyrics might be.........

I need I need I need I need

I used to only want but now I need
    To get by with what I got but now I need
    I need

I need beds
    I need cars
    I need sinks
    I need rugs
    I need a cruise
    I need cash
    I need you to ring me back
    You to ring me back
    You to ring me back

I just can't do without 'cos now I need
    The things I care about 'cos now I need
    I need

REPEAT CHORUS

And now I have to dream because I need
    Of a necessary scheme to get me what I need :rotfl:
    I need

INSTRUMENTAL BREAK

The things I used to crave for now I need
    Have made me just a slave for what I need
    I need
    Yes I am just a slave for what I need

I need beds
    I need cars
    I need sinks
    I need rugs
    I need a cruise
    I need cash
    I need you to ring me back
    You to ring me back
    You to ring me back

:beer:
    As Martin says - please be nice - there is no such thing as a stupid question ! ;)
  • Amanita_2
    Amanita_2 Posts: 1,299 Forumite
    Options
    Report them to the mods. This kind of idiot is not what freecycle is about and they should be banned!

Speaking as a list owner - freecycle exists solely to prevent items ending up in landfill.

If they are claimed by someone who subsequently makes a profit out of them, freecycle has acheived its objective. As far as I am aware ( and I am a member of several groups) no freecycle group bans the subsequent selling of offered items.

We do however request as a courtesy that if the recipient plans to sell the item that they make it clear.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure