Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Options

Comments

• lazer
    lazer Posts: 3,402 Forumite
    Options
    I have jsut replied to my first freecycle post - and this thread really made me think about to how to word the reply!!
    Weight loss challenge, lose 15lb in 6 weeks before Christmas.
  • cestlavie
    cestlavie Posts: 805 Forumite
    Options
    The how to fill your house for free tv programme seems to have given many folk the idea they can get everything via freegle - even curtains made to measure..
    Hello, We live in a rented house and are keen to make it a home until we can afford to buy a house. We don't want to buy new everything we need as it may not work in a future house. Please help us stop living like students! Thanks in advance.

Tall & short lamps
    Rugs - various shapes and sizes.
    Blackboard - to go on wall
    Old Maps to put on the wall (ideally free National Geographic type ones)
    Corner desk
    Window blinds - Venetian if poss
    (151cm x 140cm)
    Curtains
    (ideally non-light letting in and heavy for winter)
    (82cm x 165cm) - bedroom window
    (180cm x 225cm) - lounge french windows
    (116 cm x 229cm) - utility backdoor.
    Curtain Rails - 140cm long
    A stool (for make up table)
    Coat and hat stand
    Cushions - large
    Coffee table
    Record player, amp and speakers
  • This_Year
    This_Year Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    cestlavie wrote: »
    The how to fill your house for free tv programme seems to have given many folk the idea they can get everything via freegle - even curtains made to measure..

*tuts* they could have given an idea of their colour scheme!
    How will I know if my blue floral (82cm x 165cm) or the green striped (82cm x 165cm) curtains would be best? People do like to make things complicated. :(
  • danielanthony
    danielanthony Posts: 517 Forumite
    edited 24 August 2013 at 2:14PM
    Options
    Wanted-i phone(ox3)
    Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:10 am (PDT) . Posted by:
    "Mary"

Could some one be having a spare iphone?I lost mine and it was not insured.I can collect anywhere in Oxford.Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone

On my Freegle email today :)
  • tiny_courageous
    Options
    Wanted: Details of anyone giving a van
    Looking for a Ford Transit SWB from 07 onwards. Must be in great cond. Pls email me details thanks
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cestlavie wrote: »
    Looking for a Ford Transit SWB from 07 onwards. Must be in great cond. Pls email me details thanks

Yet another example!

Mods should really be pulling ads like this.
  • charlies_mum
    Options

Wow, I bought my 53 plate two years ago and it cost almost £3,000. Mine is a long wheel base, so more expensive, but can't believe anyone would think they would get one free !!!
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • mttylad
    mttylad Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't see why not, I have seen cars and motorbikes given away, complete conservatories, flat screen TV's and complete bedroom suites.

All that can cost more than £3k and an old van might only cost a few hundred quid. MOT failures are often given away.

However Kirstie has made things worse, now people are joining all teh groups they can - even from 50+ miles way and are only ever posting wanteds for stuff.

As much as a wanted can remind somsone of some junk they still have, the excessive amount and number of them is getting to be far more than the groups can cater for.

I think I'll ask for a dozen sheets of 8x4 plasterboard and several bags of plaster on my group - who knows the local builders merchant might be feeling charitable :)
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    mttylad wrote: »
    I don't see why not, I have seen cars and motorbikes given away, complete conservatories, flat screen TV's and complete bedroom suites.

All that can cost more than £3k and an old van might only cost a few hundred quid. MOT failures are often given away.

True - but wanted ad was for a speciific vehicle "In great condition" ( and post 07 is hardly an old van )
  • Hezzawithkids
    Options
    On Freegle today - the mind boggles!

Hi wondering if any one could help i was brought a Kenwood food prosser in Feb by friend it has a fult it works with out led on hence covering me and kitchen and little on with content at weekend
    this could be quite dangerous as there is a bade in it i contacted Kenwood to report fult and they will replace but only with prof of purchase with i do not have .long shot but anyone have on i could use its a Kenwood fp 2020 costing aprox £54 they were not interested in it being dangerous
    jayne
    £2 Savers Club 2016 #21 £14/£250
    £2 Savers Club 2015 #8 £250£200 :j

Proud to be an OU graduate :j :j

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure