Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Options

Comments

• Splashy
    Splashy Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    porsche 911
    I know it a long shot but does anyone have porsche 911 laying about i will give a loving home to

Do you laugh or cry?

:rotfl: :eek:
  • Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    Options
    Splashy wrote: »
    Do you laugh or cry?

:rotfl: :eek:

I have one :D (it's a toy model)
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
  • rocketman80
    rocketman80 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 7 March 2012 at 3:51PM
    Options
    Read this thread with utter amusement. My local Freegle is exactly the same. TBH I've given up now. I've offered 3 things on there with differing results.

A free mobile phone O2 gave me for some reason (only worth £5, but it was new in a box and worked etc) Picked the person to pick it up which they duly did (no demands for delivery, but they were miffed I wouldn't post it) Kept getting emails for 2 weeks on how to work it, which became progressively nastier as I kept saying I didn't know..... (It came with the instructions for gods sake....)

Some rockery rocks. Sounds bizarre, but where I live the local sandstone is sought after as it is really lovely. Spent a weekend helping my mate rearrange her garden and she had loads of this sandstone left over. A nice lady replied asking if she could have it for her grans garden. I was skeptical about it being for her gran (you read enough sob stories), but she turned up on time, loaded it up and told us where it was going and we could come and have a look when it was finished. It was literally just down the road and it was for her gran. Looks lovely too! (We stalked past lol)

Then there was my car..... it had 2 months MOT and tax (I had a new job with a company car, explained mine was battered and needed some TLC, it was a red Fiesta 1.4 but it went fine etc...) I put up the ad at 7am, explained I'd take all names and put them in a hat up until 7pm. Anything after this time would not be considered. (I figured the hours it was up for would cover most shift workers and office/shop workers etc). Dear me. The replies I got. Begging for the car without the draw etc, (straight in the bin), some asking if i had a blue one as red wasn't their colour, did I have a bigger car, could I just ring them, could I deliver it... etc etc. Like many of you, I cut out the auto replies and the just blatantly rude ones, made the draw and thankfully a nice reply won. She was fine, turned up on time with her dad and son, loved my poor beat up Fiesta at first sight, and drove him away.

Then the abuse started off people. Why hadn't I kept the draw open for longer, why hadn't I given it to them, why why why. I was still getting emails for it 2 weeks later, despite putting up a 'TAKEN' email. I couldn't be bothered after the abuse I got off people seemingly thinking I owed them a car , I unsubbed from Freegle a while ago.

Still, this thread has made me laugh and brought back some memories.
  • superhoop
    superhoop Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have posted my good experiences with Freegle further up in this forum, but I'm gonna have a quick moan about my latest experience.

I have a flatbed scanner to give away - but I have had several people replying saying yes they'd like it and leaving their phone number.

Why should I have to start phoning them to arrange to give them something for free? :mad:

I can see why people get annoyed with Freegle - some people just take the michael with their expectations.
    We are QPR, say we are QPR!
  • superhoop
    superhoop Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    Ha ha, this has just appeared on our freegle today...

"wanted Long internet / ethernet cable to access internet inside a marquee. Can collect most times. thank you."

Now excuse me, but why would you be putting internet in a marquee? For a wedding or celebration perhaps?

In which case buy it yer-ruddy-self!
    We are QPR, say we are QPR!
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    WANTED: 2 seater sofa
    I am after a 2 seater brown or black sofa, preferably leather but not
    overly fussy.

I suppose if she was being overly fussy she would have stipulated the shop it should have originally be bought from & maybe the model.
    I wonder if she's considered any old colour sofa & maybe a throw.
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And another very expensive want

WANTED: Kitchenaid mixer
    Wanted an Kitchenaid Artisan stand mixer

oops, she seems to have missed out the please & thank you when requesting an item that retails for several hundred £
  • Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    Options
    hermum wrote: »
    WANTED: 2 seater sofa
    I am after a 2 seater brown or black sofa, preferably leather but not
    overly fussy.

I suppose if she was being overly fussy she would have stipulated the shop it should have originally be bought from & maybe the model.
    I wonder if she's considered any old colour sofa & maybe a throw.

Flippin' heck, aren't we all?
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
  • BargainJunky
    BargainJunky Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    This was taken off my local Netmums wanted board and to be honest I am speechless........

My baby is gonna be here in four weeks time.I'm in need of cow and gate first milk.for new born.new born nappies.and wipes.double pushchair.we are in a right mess money wise so asking family and friends and other mums and dads for help.anything you think you've got and don't need for new born would be great.ring or text ******

• chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    that happens ALL the time around my boards bargainjunky I know i say this sooo often but that's me done with offering stuff (unless its objects i would struggle to dispose of).

Offered a couple of books today stating they needed collecting today. however the reply to it could only come "some time after 7.30 or tomorrow" said i was busy tomorrow and my kids would be going to bed about 7.30 so not appropriate.

the reply (note - no apologies at all). "well monday then, i can do any time".

so have sent them a time, if they aren't happy then the books will be going in the bin. have had enough of being messed around with the "i can collect when convenient" line when this actually should be followed by ....convenient to me not you".
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure