Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Options

Comments

• brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hermum wrote: »
    brettcta, yours must take the award for worse freecycler ever.
    I hope that you've reported him, I know that won't stop him from re-registering with a different email address.
    That could have really frightened some people.

yea. i just started emailing him stupid pictures that infuriated him more

the exchange went along these lines of this:

'badly worded, threatening email'

6172864504_36cf7c2bfe_z.jpg

GET IT BACK ,NOW

i can't, but i can see you're in a bit of a position and it's my fault. i'm going to tesco in a bit, i'll buy a replacement and let you have that

ye, it is yur fault. i'll message you later yea

*no reply from me*

yo bro, you got my cyclone [name of product] yea?

yea, i got a bigger tub as an apology mate, maybe you could ask your buyer for more money as it's a bigger tub?

*30 minutes later*
    yea, he's sent more money, cheers bro. when can i get my cyclone?

i left it at the till in tesco. i just rang them and someone's taken it!

WAT?! GET ANUVA ONE NOW

u mad bro?

UR TAKIN THE P1SS NOW

u mad
    tumblr_lp45g0lwjf1qgt40no1_400.gif

then followed three unreplied emails from this twonk berating me with terrible grammar for costing him a fortune and how he's gonna send his mandem round. presumably he knows where i live through my IP address.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    ohh and the garden toy wants are out in force here too.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I would imagine, brettcta, that that guy is having a laugh with you (as you are with him).

I think I'd reply at some point and say "Great banter, mate. Just be aware that some people might be offended, or even intimidated, by your jokes, so take it easy in future."
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I would imagine, brettcta, that that guy is having a laugh with you (as you are with him).

I think I'd reply at some point and say "Great banter, mate. Just be aware that some people might be offended, or even intimidated, by your jokes, so take it easy in future."

i'll try and dig the email exchange out. i've recently had a clear out of my email inbox, so it may have been deleted. the tone of it all though was not conducive to 'banter', it was all overtly aggressive and contained a few of the more unpleasant profanities
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • 24skins
    24skins Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    Options
    Garden toys are ask the of the moment here too, along with sheds, garden furniture, lawnmowers, benches, patios, camping equipment and Summerhouses.

And breathe...
    Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
  • pinkladyof66
    pinkladyof66 Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    Options
    ours is all camping gear

Make £200 by end of January... £20.42/£200
    Grocery Challenge £200 pm Jan £0/£200
    January no spend days - 1/31
  • dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This was taken off my local Netmums wanted board and to be honest I am speechless........

My baby is gonna be here in four weeks time.I'm in need of cow and gate first milk.for new born.new born nappies.and wipes.double pushchair.we are in a right mess money wise so asking family and friends and other mums and dads for help.anything you think you've got and don't need for new born would be great.ring or text ******

We had a nasty outbreak of surprise ninja babies recently on ours - now I know some people DO manage to get through pregnancy without being aware of the fact (my bump doesn't know the meaning of not making HER presence felt thoguh)... but there was enough material for about another five series of "I didn't know I was pregnant" within one city over the space of about a week.

Shed/greenhouse (must be glass, not plastic) season on ours atm. The sob story camping holidays to get over the untimely death of Freddles the Gerbil but we've got two weeks in Cornwall booked but don't have a tent, sleeping bags, a stove or indeed a car to get there will be along shortly.

Oh and daily demands from the same people for garden toys - requests are putting it too politely.
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • pinkladyof66
    pinkladyof66 Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    Options
    on ours at present the last 18 ads, 13 are wanted 2 offers and the rest promised. Now come on I thought this was about offering and keeping out of landfill. I now get so fed up with all the begging ads. Gets on my nerves seems as if it is just a want list of luxuries.

Tents, lawnmowers, and expensive items

Make £200 by end of January... £20.42/£200
    Grocery Challenge £200 pm Jan £0/£200
    January no spend days - 1/31
  • 24skins
    24skins Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    Options
    on ours at present the last 18 ads, 13 are wanted 2 offers and the rest promised. Now come on I thought this was about offering and keeping out of landfill. I now get so fed up with all the begging ads. Gets on my nerves seems as if it is just a want list of luxuries.

Tents, lawnmowers, and expensive items

Yep, and believe it or not someone complained about the quality of items being offered once - posted a message telling people to stop offering c**p! :eek:

Wanteds generally outnumber offers up here & I've seen emails consisting purely of wanted ads - wish they would separate the digest into one for offers & another for wanteds so that subscribers could choose whether they want to read wanteds or not.

We also get 'moving out of homeless accommodation/domestic abuse & need *everything*' type ads pretty much weekly now and I'm very suspicious as to how many of them are genuine.
    Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
  • BargainJunky
    BargainJunky Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ghostlove wrote: »
    What, she doesn't have boobs?!

Apparently not and I'm not freecycling mine!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure